Dynadot

domain Do you think lucky.dog is a good domain name?

NameSilo
Watch

drea.ms

Impact
I have a lot of domains that match each other, such as lucky.dog, sky.city, hi.world and so on. I don't know if you like it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've personally sold domains with these "obscure" extensions for $xxx - $xxxx per name:

.vodka, .fitness, .blue, .hosting, .website, .bike, .football, .credit, .delivery, .red, .xyz, .plus, .one, .tech, .community, .cards, .wales, .yoga, .guru, .dentist, .direct, .club, .today, .center, .tips, .exposed, .beer, .buzz, .cash, .domains, .city, .uno....

So why not .dog?

It is not all about the extension, but the combination of keyword + TLD!

Best of the luck with your names!

Last edited:
•••
In the past month or two it was stated on NP that 2 .dog names were sold for 8 or 9 k each.

Lucky.dog is a catchy name for that particular extension.

•••
In the past month or two it was stated on NP that 2 .dog names were sold for 8 or 9 k each.

Lucky.dog is a catchy name for that particular extension.

Wonderful!

And yes! Lucky.dog is a great new gTLD IMO.

Ps. Iron.dog just dropped if anyone is interested to get it for standard price. Obviously, not as good as Lucky.dog, but just FYI...

•••

WatchDogue was kind enough to share with me the link to this NP post. We both found out that this post was in turn merely repeating what someone else had posted in a different domaining forum, and that although the sales, which were actually for
gun.dog
bird.dog
were re-posted on sold.domains, as supposedly private transactions they were never verified.

So, these sales might have happened at the $11K figure reported by the guy who posted about it at the other forum. Or they might not have happened at all. Nothing confirmed.

•••
WatchDogue was kind enough to share with me the link to this NP post. We both found out that this post was in turn merely repeating what someone else had posted in a different domaining forum, and that although the sales, which were actually for
gun.dog
bird.dog
were re-posted on sold.domains, as supposedly private transactions they were never verified.

So, these sales might have happened at the $11K figure reported by the guy who posted about it at the other forum. Or they might not have happened at all. Nothing confirmed.

I'm aware of the seller, they are real.

•••
On the Internet, the au courant know generally to believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see - at least until independently verified.

That this gentleman posted that he sold it on a forum is hearsay, and now someone saying that he knows of him is like, double hearsay.

Anyway it might have happened. It might not.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I have a lot of domains that match each other, such as lucky.dog, sky.city, hi.world and so on. I don't know if you like it?
All 3 are very good new gTLD names, with tons of potential.
All 3 are with lower premium renewals, which seems ok to me, considering quality of the names.
I wish you some nice sales :)

•••
On the Internet, the au courant know generally to believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see - at least until independently verified.

I have no reason not to believe the seller, they sold to a dog food company for 11K each but you're correct not confirmed by me. Actually I can't confirm you've brokered millions in domains either so I guess the same applies.

"Millions of dollars in sales, represented by both our own domains and domains we have brokered for others."

•••
Except that with me at least some of my sales are verified on namebio which requires from me verifications of closed escrows as having sold by XYNames.com and if you take even one year’s average of just the reported ones that we sold directly (not even the brokered ones) on even a slow year like 2017, and multiply by the 15 or 16 we’ve been around you’d be into seven figures or so - but still yes I’d agree that healthy skepticism is the proper approach.

If they were reported on a journal that asks for verifications like namebio we’d be more inclined to accept that a zero wasn’t added on to the .dog sales.

Anyway all that aside,I see that Sport Dog Food owns gun.dog but it redirects to a German walkie talkie maker. Bird.dog redirects to Sport Dog Food itself. So they didn’t exactly work out that great as mere redirects and if they did pay 22k for these two, I’d like to learn from this seller how he pulled it off my hat would be tipped to him in respect. I mean if I were the buyer I wouldn’t offer much for some oddball Johnny Come Lately extension so this guy if he got $22k from them - that’s pretty beautiful.

Last edited:
•••
It's gun.dog and bird.dog and they both redirect to sport dog food. Heck even coffee.coffee is a redirect and it sold for 14.5K.

•••
Yes I see that now.

The first time I typed it, gun.dog redirected me to
SportDog.de

•••
•••
Namebio confirms all my postings so I assume namebio does the same with others.

I can’t speak for a “blog.”

•••
•••
Namebio confirms all my postings so I assume namebio does the same with others.

I can’t speak for a “blog.”

My post was meant to be a joke. A blog is entertainment. Simply trusting some tweet or communication, isn’t real journalism as pointed out recently to me by one astute member here. Glad you report your sales like that. Kudos to you. You seem to be quite active here, so you might start a thread like “ Post all your VERIFIED .Com Sales here”. Next sale, Take a screenshot, leave a couple digits of the escrow transaction ID, Mask out the personal details, leave the domain name and price, and post it in the thread and now there is a system with integrity.
We can call it “The XY Factor Check thread”.

I wish that I could simply trust the numbers I read, but unless they were scraped from real auctions or hand verified as you suggest- all bets are off. Several blogs put disclaimers in their TOS that the prices are not even verified, just simply from various “trusted sources” (I’m not referring to Namebio) and recently a couple of those “trusted sources” were exposed, yet the headlines continue.

Last edited:
•••
Do you think lucky.dog is a good domain name?
Umm..yes?? :) That's a helluva name. Up there with the best dog's...top.dog, hot.dog, bad.dog imo.

The branding potential is limitless. When you have perfect fits in a new G' like lucky.dog it's difficult to gets its worth. Even though the term may be commonly appreciated, the value is yet not. But as new G's gain in popularity, these are the names that will woo the crowd. It's unfortunate that with so many obscure extensions like .dog there's only a handful of names that really make sense. This can give one pause to about the extensions' sustainability.

For me, it would hurt to sell it at less than $5k. But I wouldn't buy it for more than $500. I'm sure you could find someone willing to pay much more.

Appraisal: $1500

•••
Umm..yes?? :) That's a helluva name. Up there with the best dog's...top.dog, hot.dog, bad.dog imo.

The branding potential is limitless. When you have perfect fits in a new G' like lucky.dog it's difficult to gets its worth. Even though the term may be commonly appreciated, the value is yet not. But as new G's gain in popularity, these are the names that will woo the crowd. It's unfortunate that with so many obscure extensions like .dog there's only a handful of names that really make sense. This can give one pause to about the extensions' sustainability.

For me, it would hurt to sell it at less than $5k. But I wouldn't buy it for more than $500. I'm sure you could find someone willing to pay much more.

Appraisal: $1500
Everyone has its own evaluation of a different domain name. You may not like lucky.dog, but you may like cat.dog.

•••
The two domains we discussed above
Gun.dog
Bird.dog
are being used solely as redirects. Which implies that no one would want one of these oddball domains as his main website, at least not as a first choice.

If you have .COM you don't need any other extensions. If you have another extension, if successful, you will eventually likely try to upgrade to .COM.

But hey - money’s money, if you can get a .dog low and sell high, why not?

Last edited:
•••
let 's assume for a moment
the new tlds are a great investment

well then
lucky.dog is a great domain

for a website

as a pure domain
it may be hard to sell

but you are a luck dog
so who knows

•••
Nice one. I'd say mid-high $xxx, and an exception for the .dog extension since the "hack" makes sense.

•••
It would be good for a site selling robotic dogs. LOL. I like it.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back