domains “Do you think I would tell my old man this is what I do for a living?”

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
When it comes to Domain Investing, do you tell people you buy and sell domain names or is their shame in the game? This post grew out of three interactions. Interactions that are unrelated in every way. A couple years ago I realized I had an unpublished interview with a gentleman I had known for […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don’t think there is any shame in investing in domains, in fact most people are amazed when I tell them that a virtual piece of realestate online “domains” can sell for five figures, six figures, and seven figures +

People are amazed, tell them stories like https://VacationRentals.com sold for $35M or https://Vacation.Rentals which sold for $500K and their eyes widen, curiosity comes to mind, questions are asked, Is it too late to invest ? How many domains do you own ? What got you started ? Are all domains valuable ? (No)

It’s fun, stressful, and entertaining all at the same time ... very few things can offer that ^

Last edited:
•••
Domaining or only fans.

Last edited:
•••
Ultimately, it is just speculating and collecting. It is a gamble to some extent. I haven't tried domain collecting and trying to make a sell, I see it as like a second deal business, it succeeds or doesn't.

•••
Nah. Domaining is fun, enjoyable, sentimental and many more "happy" words. If you're a citizen of the internet (a netizen), you love this stuff. If you tell people "I buy and sell internet names to companies"...I mean, come on...you are getting so many ladies interested to know more when you are out at the dinner table, explaining the art, and how important it is that the industry have people just like you facilitating the internet, so that companies can have an online presence *tongue and cheek*

Last edited:
•••
That could only be nothing but humour, this is just a gamble.

•••
Humour is true. Fun, enjoyable, sentimental (well, for me anyway)

Last edited:
•••
I would disagree with you on the gambling comment

For domainers who buy domains without experience and without doing research - It’s gambling. For domainers who are experienced, have done their homework and buy the right inventory - It’s investing. The difference lies in your capacity of discernment. If you buy domain names like you would lottery tickets it’s gambling, and unlikely to pan out well

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back