Dynadot

discuss Do you love naming? What have you named lately?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Long before the first domain symbolics.com came about in 1985, ordinary people like you and me had been naming shit for thousands of years. Yes, i said "thousands" and that's the honest truth.

Way back in 1951 i named my first dog Bingo.....there was a song that was written in 1933, "And Bingo was his name". Bingo was just a mutt, but my next dog "Lord Mergatroid of Antwerp", i called him Mergie for short, was a pedigree Basset Hound.

Since Mergie, I've created and registered hundreds/thousands of names. My very latest name in the form of a domain is LoveNaming(.)com.....why? Because I absolutely love naming shit whether it be dogs, businesses or ideas for others like MarksProShop.com.

What have you named lately and why? Would luv to hear your story.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Yes. I do love naming.

It's one of my favorite relaxation routines.

The last .COM I hand-registered was over an year back - CrowdFundIdeas.

The first hand-registration I did was in 2005 for my digital brand "itsSri.com" and in between then and now, I have registered over a thousand names, sold a few, dropped many, some of which got picked up by networks like HugeDomains and BigDomains later on. I hand-registered a bunch of AR, VR domains a decade back - regret not holding any of them over two years.

•••
Amongst others, a very nice coffee brand.

Because they pay me for it.

Not sure what naming (if that's even a thing) has to do with domains though.
Ever hear of "Naming Rights" ?
  • Naming rights are a financial transaction and form of advertising or memorialization whereby a corporation, person, or other entity purchases the right to name a facility, object, location, program, or event, typically for a defined period of time.

•••
Yes. I do love naming.

It's one of my favorite relaxation routines.

The last .COM I hand-registered was over an year back - CrowdFundIdeas.

The first hand-registration I did was in 2005 for my digital brand "itsSri.com" and in between then and now, I have registered over a thousand names, sold a few, dropped many, some of which got picked up by networks like HugeDomains and BigDomains later on. I hand-registered a bunch of AR, VR domains a decade back - regret not holding any of them over two years.
For me some of it comes naturally and at other times research and experimentation are part of the process. You appear pretty savvy to me Sri so the best I can do with that on a moments notice is, SavvySri.com or SriSavvy.com

btw, your digital brand itsSri.com and askSri.com are way too cool. Thanks for sharing(y)

•••
I named my cat Mr. Mustache

Trust me, he got one.

•••
I have named recently Nigerson in com brand, it is no joke.
I think to make a Sneakers brand out of it with a tag line Walk With Confidence.

Last edited:
•••
I have named recently Nigerson in com brand, it is no joke.
I think to make a Sneakers brand out of it with a tag line Walk With Confidence.
i just checked out your website and you own a lot of catchy brand type names. Personally I like Nigerson for a brand of sneakers and "Walk With Confidence" has an AIR of Sophistication:xf.wink:

While I've registered a number of CanDo™ names like CanDoDomains i'm looking at registering CanDoCuts.com that appears never to have been registered. While I'm not in the hair cutting or styling business it's my opinion that Can Do Cuts is just as great/smart/catchy as Great Clipps where I get my hair cut and beard trimmed.

I know there's someone out there in the hair business who would luv to own this name "if only" they knew it existed. Oh, did I say I love naming shit:xf.grin:

•••
Ever hear of "Naming Rights" ?
  • Naming rights are a financial transaction and form of advertising or memorialization whereby a corporation, person, or other entity purchases the right to name a facility, object, location, program, or event, typically for a defined period of time.

I have... I don't get why you bring this up though... It's unrelated to 'naming'.

You're losing me here.

Thread should be moved to the chit chat section or whatever it's called.

•••
I have... I don't get why you bring this up though... It's unrelated to 'naming'.

You're losing me here.

Thread should be moved to the chit chat section or whatever it's called.
You questioned if "naming is even a thing" having to do with domains? Of course it is.........i felt that u were questioning it's even being a word when in fact it is. From my scrabble dictionary; naming; the present participle of name.

Not sure why you're even questioning it? NamePros - "Buy, Sell, Discuss Domain Names"

You're losing me branding.....domain names is why we're here:xf.wink:

•••
You questioned if "naming is even a thing" having to do with domains? Of course it is.........i felt that u were questioning it's even being a word when in fact it is. From my scrabble dictionary; naming; the present participle of name.

Yeah but how does naming your pinky toe relate to domains?

For arguments sake... If I'd own pinkytoe.com that wouldn't entitle me to name whatever I want pinky toe. If I'd name something pinky toe that wouldn't entitle me to own pinkytoe.com.

Not sure why you're even questioning it? NamePros - "Buy, Sell, Discuss Domain Names"

Exactly... Domain Names. Not naming. Whatever that is.

Point being, are we discussing what you may have called your latest pet?, in which case this thread is located in the wrong section or...

Are we discussing domain names people registered?

I can see the latter being discussed in this section but again, it has nothing to do with naming. You don't name a domain. Well you can, actually, you could name this.link the shittiest domain ever but with naming being the subject matter this would mean the thread is miscategorized just the same.

Ps. This.link is actually pretty awesome :)

Last edited:
•••
Yeah but how does naming your pinky toe relate to domains?

For arguments sake... If I'd own pinkytoe.com that wouldn't entitle me to name whatever I want pinky toe. If I'd name something pinky toe that wouldn't entitle me to own pinkytoe.com.

Exactly... Domain Names. Not naming. Whatever that is.

Point being, are we discussing what you may have called your latest pet?, in which case this thread is located in the wrong section or...

Are we discussing domain names people registered?

I can see the latter being discussed in this section but again, it has nothing to do with naming. You don't name a domain. Well you can, actually, you could name this.link the shittiest domain ever but with naming being the subject matter this would mean the thread is miscategorized just the same.

Ps. This.link is actually pretty awesome :)
Semantics mon frere. Either lexical or concepional.......you say tomato, i say tomahto:unsure:

•••
Semantics mon frere. Either lexical or concepional.......you say tomato, i say tomahto:unsure:

I dunno. It's pretty black or white if you'd ask me, given the subject matter.

•••
•••
I dunno. It's pretty black or white if you'd ask me, given the subject matter.
You of all people should understand that if you brand something it's called "branding", and if i name something it's called "naming" regardless of whether i name my dog my boat or my business.

Are we having fun yet:xf.wink: Care to know the name of a friends business I came up with today that has the potential to be a multi million dollar business in the employment/staffing space?

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
You of all people should understand that if you brand something it's called "branding", and if i name something it's called "naming" regardless of whether i name my dog my boat or my business.

Are we having fun yet:xf.wink: Care to know the name of a friends business I came up with today that has the potential to be a multi million dollar business in the employment/staffing space?

No really. But indulge yourself. I'm out :)

•••
Last edited:
•••
I named one of my neighbours recently. I won't tell you what I named him. :)

•••
I named one of my neighbours recently. I won't tell you what I named him. :)

Neighbour of the year, undoubtedly.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back