Dynadot

Do you include matching social media accounts with the domains you sell?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Do you own the matching urls on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, etc. for each domain you own? Do you think it's important to do so with the popularity of these services and for future branding purposes for possible buyers? Have you ever bought under the table (might be against the services rules) someones social media account because it matched your domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can we trade social media accounts?
I think Facebook and Twitter terms does not allow it.
Right, this is kinda grey zone. You reg a new email and use it for all socials connected to the site, and then give the buyer access to the email and all social passwords together with the domain sale. Not exactly aligned to TOS probably... But think how one business buys another one. The email remains belonging to the same business, the social accounts remain belonging to the same business. The business now has new owners, so who cares.

•••
Well said golan, I agree completely!
It's probably wise to register (Social Media Accounts) with an Email address of the same domain you're trying to sell... this makes it kind of obvious that the domain belongs to the social media accounts, and the Email account will automatically transfer when they domain ownership is transferred.

•••
No. Nobody asked me. They are not important. Domains are private house. They are too many and coming and going.

•••
I always reg and develop social accounts when sell websites. But for domains? I never bother. Besides, FB and T and maybe other socials could very possibly ban your account if it's empty or lack of activity after creation (not for established accounts), and ain't nobody got time for that accounts development.

•••
No, I do not create social media accounts, and do not even think it is necessary. After all, if someone has 100 domains, why should he bother to create those many social media accounts & manage them all. The domain is all that matters most, if someone buys them, imo.

•••
I don't.
But this is one of the *BEST advices I heard in years... seriously.

(*other than NOT wasting money on New gTLD's)

•••
It is only important to own social media accounts if the end user is going to build a product, brand or a website on your domain name. If he is just buying it for Seo and redirection then just the domain name is enough. If you own mostly brandable domain names then I'd advise to have social accounts too.

•••
Can we trade social media accounts?
I think Facebook and Twitter terms does not allow it.

•••
I only do if I sell a website with existing social media connections. Never with a domain only.

•••
I think you are missing the boat, you have nothing to lose, it's free, mark/brand protection, as we speak handles and nics are being sold for cold cash... even when against the rules
Plus added value to a sale...

•••
I think if you have some killer names it's not a bad idea. It definitely would add to the value to have those secure for the potential buyer.

•••
I do, but only for really great names I intend to sell to a large business end user where having the social account can add an extra sweetener to a sale that is stalling.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back