Dynadot

question Do brandable domains cr (sales) increase with age?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dave321

Established Member
Impact
Do brandable domains sell better as they age?

I. E. Can you expect the sales conversion rate from your portfolio to increase over time?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Every domain's chance of sale will increase with age. It is like a perpetual lottery. And it makes us give a false sense of importance to domain age. But the truth is, you pay a renewal every year, you have think if the renewal is better spent on another name? Well you won't get a good name for 10 bucks, but you have think ig it is better to renew 5 such names or get a better names from the closeouts

But think from the POV of a buyer. Given the choice of two domain names, will he chose the one that is older? That won't even come to his mind.

•••
Only by trend as they have typically gone up but it won't help to age them as they have no generic traffic.

•••
Just wondering if anyone with brandables have seen their average conversion rate increase with time.

•••
•••
Well hang on and hang tight is my experience the latest hand reg I sold for 8270 USD was accepted by BB in 2019 . I liked it thought it had potential got smart arse comments when I put it up for appraisal here on NP but she sold . So I have aged names that don't move why don't know run your own race I reckon .

•••
Some 10 year old+ names only get 1 or 2 enquiries a year and then one day they sell. Others gather dust...

•••
Seems like the way of dealing with these to pay attention to the ones that are getting inquiries and traffic.

And the ones that are not, well....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back