IT.COM

Do any of your wives (spouses) domain?

NameSilo
Watch

Want2learn

Top Member
Impact
My wife asked me to buy the thebariatricnurse.com a little while back. She just finished nursing school, and will be a bariatric nurse . . . It got me to thinking, do any of you domain with your wives? Do you ever get ideas/suggestions from them? Ironically, my wife does NOT like very many of my domains . . . she would fit right in here with NP:) Continuing with the irony . . . my guess is NP will like my wife's first reg waaaaaay more than mine . . . even if baricatricnurse.com is available;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My wife is a teacher, and she knew almost nothing about domains, but now she thinks she does. Sometimes having a second eye helps, other times, it can be a disaster. Here is an anecdote, I got an offer of 150K for a domain name 15 months ago. The buyer was ready to do Escrow after 2 weeks of negotiating but she insisted that I should go for 200K. I countered with a firm 175K and he walked. I didn't contact them thinking that it's a delay tactic but they did move on. Of course.:banghead: We needed the money BADLY, and she knew the risk but I guess she's a gambler and I got a bit greedy as well, even though I was willing to let it go for the offered price. I'm not sure what's the point of the above, but yeah, if you have enough experience and you know better, you don't listen to an inexperienced loved one even though she/he has your best interest at heart.

The 150k bird in the hand in this case was better than the 200k bird in the bush

But has the buyer have bought the name for 200k etc you'd have earnt 50k by simply saying no

Sometimes you don't start earning real money until you start saying no

Allegedly

•••
Mine absolutely hates domains ) Doesn't matter how much income it brings, she hates it )

I can relate to people hating me waffling about domain 's all the time lol

But a domain purchase saved the world lol

•••
My wife's name is Nike. How do I get Nike.com:(

•••
It is also control thing. She feels that it is not as reliable as real estate, for example. And if something happens to me, all that investment would be gone as well... She does have a point about that though...
Well one tangible benefit about real estate is you have a piece of property. Domains are property, but feels more like an idea.

Just a suggestion, have some notes like a will for your domains just in case something does happen.

•••
Well one tangible benefit about real estate is you have a piece of property. Domains are property, but feels more like an idea.

Just a suggestion, have some notes like a will for your domains just in case something does happen.

Great suggestion. However, she'd still need to learn where they are registered, how to control them, how to renew them, how to valuate them, how to negotiate, how to liquidate. And, of course, she has no desire to learn all that.

•••
How to sell them might be all she needs to know:)

•••
I gave up. I really gave up. I tried a hell lot to impress my would-be wives with my domains every time I bought or planned to buy one, but it seems domain is the most boring thing in my wannabe wives' domain. The one I officially have now (not domain, my wife I am talking of) consider my domains to be a threat as she feels I love them more than her. :upsetbaby:

•••
I gave up. I really gave up. I tried a hell lot to impress my would-be wives with my domains every time I bought or planned to buy one, but it seems domain is the most boring thing in my wannabe wives' domain. The one I officially have now (not domain, my wife I am talking of) consider my domains to be a threat as she feels I love them more than her. :upsetbaby:

I understand what you mean. Domaining takes time. Better a domain have your attention than another woman.

•••
•••
Mine absolutely hates domains ) Doesn't matter how much income it brings, she hates it )
Mine is the same. She only sees the costs to acquire and ignores all sales. In the end she knows it's a good thing but wouldn't dare admit it.

•••
•••
•••

:lol:

•••
OP w.r.t. title

how many wives do you have?!!

•••
•••
•••
No my SO does not participate just told me- let me know when we're millionaires.

•••
What is a wife? Is that like a girlfriend who nags even more?

/s

•••
OP w.r.t. title

how many wives do you have?!!
One! We went on vacation to celebrate her graduation from nursing school. She is still there with her parents. I just got off the phone with her. She was upset I spent so much time "domaining" and or on computer.

Do any of you have any difficulties "unplugging" and walking away?

•••
Congrats to her and you

remember nurses have it tough. she's taking care of so many sick people going through hospital. you just need to take care of her.

She's your wife and you are her husband. You guys chose each other for a reason and destiny. Listen to her concerns, try to resolve them. we do not need to be online 24/7 for any reason - even to earn income. if we do than it is an addiction no different to alcohol and drugs and tv.

everything in moderation. in a family everyone has rights. You have rights, wife has rights. kids have rights. grandparents have rights. and yes even the in-laws :P.

and yes in most cases husbands and fathers and sons have to sacrifice their rights for the sake of others. We're men. This is our purpose. It's what we were built for, what we do for the sake of family, humanity.

fwiw

The principle is that a marriage has to be sustained beyond the level of just being concerned with one’s physical needs.

The emotional, psychological, and spiritual needs of both husband and wife must be met. Research shows that it is the small gestures–the loving words, the kind glance, the warm smile, the tokens of appreciation, the small gifts–that add up to huge benefits in the marriage relationship. These small but meaningful gestures show regard and open the couple’s hearts to each other, setting the stage for deeper and more satisfying intimacy. In other words, these small things keep the romance alive.

If you don’t find yourself receiving these things in your marriage, then give them.

http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2012/08/02/should-a-wife-expect-nice-things-from-her-husband/

Last edited:
•••
In india also most women especially housewives are least interested in investing money in domain names . Unfortunately india's largest female domain investor has been subjected to a brutal identity theft by NTRO (the indian equivalent of NSA) allegedly masterminded by google, tata to destroy competition, acquire talent and technology cheaply , just because she is not married, and not well connected.
Owning and making money from domain names is fairly difficult so most women are not interested , when they can make much more just seducing powerful men, having powerful sugar daddies or rich and powerful husbands

•••
First responses was wasting money, nowaday she doesn't care, as long as other needs could be fulfilled.

•••
I would register with her name if she insist. Plus, her name would be very much suitable with "fashion" name. :P

•••
Hey JoeE, may I learn what was the domain name?
It's peeking at you in my sig.

That was funny @deez007 ...
My wife is also a teacher @JoeE , she also likes giving advise...
But she doesnt domain...yet,

There, we have another thing in common. But she will give you advice on domaining in due time I'm sure. When she does, Stand your ground and don't buckle like I did. Of course, she could be onto something and you'd miss out if you don't listen. It's all confusing!

The 150k bird in the hand in this case was better than the 200k bird in the bush
But has the buyer have bought the name for 200k etc you'd have earnt 50k by simply saying no
Sometimes you don't start earning real money until you start saying no
Allegedly
I know and I wanted to say DEAL so badly, but the buyer said one thing when he was talking about closing with escrow. that made my wife think (and I agreed) that we could go a bit higher. We could've read it wrong.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back