IT.COM

sales DNJournal reports Help.com sold for $3,000,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Name Nerd

NameNerd.comEstablished Member
Impact
Source: https://www.dnjournal.com/archive/lowdown/2023/dailyposts/0109.htm

Internet Archive shows the domain name was with Brent Oxley's oxley.com this time last year and had a $3m minimum offer: https://web.archive.org/web/20220118164444/https://www.oxley.com/domain/help.com/

Screenshot 2023-01-09 162229.jpg

Congrats to the buyer and seller!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Awesome sale!! what a majestic domain

•••
Great news.
Thanks to Ron.

Last edited:
•••
Great sale, thanks for the info (y)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
help selling 3m only is how u know domaining dying slow sure death

•••
Do we know it sold for that, or just basing it on the minimum offer price?

•••
Great name, incredibly versatile, and (if the sale was $3M) underpriced.

•••
Great news.
Thanks for sharing.

•••
I don't believe this sale.
Where is the live evidence of money that this domain sold?
Still points to Above, you can brainwash others but not me.
They expect now you to go hand reg Help combo domains, yeah waste your money, make registrars rich on your back.

•••
They expect now you to go hand reg Help combo domains, yeah waste your money, make registrars rich on your back.

relax. it's like buying Ferrari for price of lada. but I see why u think it's fun to think u are a conspiracy theory

•••
Voice.com sold for 30 million, also fake?

•••
relax. it's like buying Ferrari for price of lada. but I see why u think it's fun to think u are a conspiracy theory
What if they created all this websites namebio, namepros, domaingang etc. as a stage only to brainwash everyone into hand regs?
If Namebio is truthful why on the page of (help.com) and other sold domains they don't post the proof they received from seller when a domain is sold? This would increase user trust in this sales.

I love domaining and I hope that one day I will begin selling my domains as hotdogs but I m getting disappointed every day.
Most interesting is that I hear about this domain sales after I do my own searches, movie watched or played some games.
I was looking at some expired domains somewhere in November it had Help as a second keyword I did not register it.
Second thing I was inventing car brandables, I have the screenshot of it non registered the brand was (????evy.com) later I read here on NP that the domain (evy.com) sold, forgot for how much, I think after this wtf let me go hand reg that brand just in case, it sounds good for a EV car brand.

This are only 2 cases but I can bring allot more examples, I want to understand why those similar domains sell after I have think of them or searched them, this is not coincidence, someone is ***g with me, and I not sell any of my domains.

Maybe we are living by algorithms already like in Westworld TV series and some moron up there decides who sells what, who is popular, who is beggar etc.

Last edited:
•••
What if they created all this websites namebio, namepros, domaingang etc. as a stage only to brainwash everyone into hand regs?
If Namebio is truthful why on the page of (help.com) and other sold domains they don't post the proof they received from seller when a domain is sold? This would increase user trust in this sales.

I love domaining and I hope that one day I will begin selling my domains as hotdogs but I m getting disappointed every day.
Most interesting is that I hear about this domain sales after I do my own searches, movie watched or played some games.
I was looking at some expired domains somewhere in November it had Help as a second keyword I did not register it.
Second thing I was inventing car brandables, I have the screenshot of it non registered the brand was (????evy.com) later I read here on NP that the domain (evy.com) sold, forgot for how much, I think after this wtf let me go hand reg that brand just in case, it sounds good for a EV car brand.

This are only 2 cases but I can bring allot more examples, I want to understand why those similar domains sell after I have think of them or searched them, this is not coincidence, someone is ***g with me, and I not sell any of my domains.

Maybe we are living by algorithms already like in Westworld TV series and some moron up there decides who sells what, who is popular, who is beggar etc.

wow how u get out of house each day mate heh

•••
@iTesla
Why all this drama...

At least the name mentioned in the deal is: (Help.com)
A Very high quality premium Domain.
A name that makes no one surprised by its Sale price.

Heyyyy: Help.com Which sold Not: CanYouHelpMe.com

•••
Admittedly, I found the current website for this domain really surprised me as a $3 million dollar sale. It's using Bodis for an ad parking lander at this point,apparently. Does anyone else find this curious?
Hope the EPC it's getting are very high! Certiainly, it's possible that they simply are parking it while developer or trying to resell it.

Last edited:
•••
$3 million seems about right for this one. Sure it's a single syllable, 4 letter, dictionary word but Help isn't going to be easy to monetize or automate. It's going to be an expensive website.

•••
$3 million seems about right for this one. Sure it's a single syllable, 4 letter, dictionary word but Help isn't going to be easy to monetize or automate. It's going to be an expensive website.
That is an important point. Short, one-word name websites may still appear to be attractive snowadays, but the challenge is what the context is for that name. Are longer descriptive names more of the trend nowadays? They likely cost quite a bit less, at least!
That's not to say that this couldn't become a great website. It's puzzling though, again, why it is starting out doing ad-parking. Admittedly, if someone just paid $3million for a domain, would you have expected perhaps some advert on its website relating to it's pending website construction or pending business use. Any other thoughts?

•••
WOW !! It’s a straight deal for both buyer and seller.

But that .com domain can easily make millions upon millions of dollars .

•••
Back