IT.COM

various Discuss and Report Any Details of Domain Name Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Scotty205

Established Member
Impact
Got my second domain sale today! New Orleans + 2 keywords .com for $300.00 to end user. I emailed 28 companies and got a call and closed the deal.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"Discuss and Report INCOMPLETE Domain Name Sales Here"

LoL Never seen anything like this. Posting the opposite of what the thread is asking.
Whot?!

•••
"Discuss and Report INCOMPLETE Domain Name Sales Here"

LoL Never seen anything like this. Posting the opposite of what the thread is asking.
Whot?!
You weren't following the thread to start with, the issue in question is the sales for which sellers do not disclose full details, can not or don't want to. Thus INCOMPLETE, which means that some of the details about sale are not disclosed but it is reported in the forums.

•••
Basically a fun thread. Becuase noone can prove that they actually sold any domains.

•••
As opposed to the other thread where they can be proven? Lol.

•••
deleted

Last edited:
•••
Domain: can't reveal the name.
Venue: Escrow
Seller: Me
Sale price: high xxx,xxx

Be Jealous

•••
Domain: can't reveal the name.
Venue: Escrow
Sale price: low xx,xxx

Enjoy life....

:)

nice price :)

hope you can provide some useful info other than name:

where did it sell?
what niche?
purchase price?

thanks

Last edited:
•••
•••
Domain name: F/*/n/d/z/ dot net
Sale Venue: Outbound
Sale price: $175
Purchase price: $3
Details: Bought the name a few weeks ago here on NP. Small sale but I'm happy with the ROI made :)

•••
Domain name: F/*/n/d/z/ dot net
Sale Venue: Outbound
Sale price: $175
Purchase price: $3
Details: Bought the name a few weeks ago here on NP. Small sale but I'm happy with the ROI made :)

Congrats bro! I recognize that domain :)

•••
Sold "house painter / org" for mid $xx here at namePros.

•••
Hai everyone!

It's been awhile since I've posted in this thread, and whenever I am able to, I always feel so privileged and happy!

I just sold: #@P///a///[][][p[][][]@#@#e[][]:::l.in
Inquiry through Bodis.com
Acquisition cost: hand reggae @gd. I originally reggae it last summer to answer the call of @D who was offering up to 5k for great one-word .in domains. (but he didn't like any of mine lol)
Initial offer from buyer: $1000
Final sale price: $100 via PP

Some of u will make fun of me :xf.cry: because here is the story:

The kind buyer's inquiry offered $1000 USD and said he needed the domain for his company. . .

Well I try asking for advice here on NP, but only Corey replied and said counter offer. . . I did a bit of research on .in and saw that they really don't sell!!!!:xf.eek:

At average they only sell for around $100 thru $300. . . So I realized this was a good deal and replied that I accept his offer of $1,000!

But the buyer no respond and I had to send a follow-up email 3 days. . . he then reply that he already bought a domain for his company but would be interested in buying my .in domain for $10 still.

His offer went from $1000 to $10. . . So I said no, but was very nice and wished him luck with his business.

He responded asking what price I wanted, so I said if he really still needed my .in, I could let it go for $400.

He said in India $400 is very big and would hurt his wallet. He said it converts to x,xxx. He then offered $50.

At this point I was not sure wat to do. . .The namebio data scared me, and the domain was expiring in June. . . On one hand, I would be rid of it and earn $50, on the other -- this guy was I think trying to just get a cheap deal. . .

I replied asking why such a drastic lower in price. After all he started with $1000 USD! I say if he didn't have the bankroll to begin with, then why offer that?

He said he mistakenly added an extra 0 to the end of his initial offer. He meant to offer $100. He said he really needed the domain and in India such figures are v big, so he was hoping to close the deal at $50. . .

Thankfully, JayT was kind enough to invite me into his illuminati trading group. Distraught I turned to electric-shadow for help on there ^^. . .

He gave me very insightful advice and for that I am very grateful. . . He used a businessman mindset and said that I should tell the buyer that $50 is not enough money for the time spent (writing this domain sales thread :tightlyclosedeyes: lol not really), sending inquiries and responding to his emails, and the amount of research on buying the .in domain. And that I should offer the buyer financing. But he also said that $100 was okay. These were all such good points! I felt empowered!

So I sent the buyer a reply with more not-so-friendly denial. . . I did say that I would accept his revised initial offer of $100. If he didn't have the cash now, I offered him a $10 / month deal where I DNS the domain to his hosting until fully paid. . .

But suddenly the buyer quickly replied with an acceptance that broke my heart. . . He was totally okay with the price and said "we" his legal documents company are glad the deal is set. . . He didn't sound like the price was too much at all!

Tonight he paid in PP and I pushed the .in domain.

I guess I'm just a dumb girl who somehow screwed up a $1000 deal. . . but I would ask u if u would do the same thing if u looked at the .in namebio data.

But I'm happy I sold it before it expired because to be honest, I would have let it drop. . . It is a Spanish word in a .in domain. Now I will renew all my generic word .in domains I guess. . .:tightlyclosedeyes: especially smite.in because that's the name of an MMO :D

Last edited:
•••
I don't understand why my sale was moved to this thread. . . :xf.cry: it is a completed sale with all the info.

•••
Don't like to post exact domains so...

(Insert Some City Here)AM.com

Sold at my buy it now price of $2999.00

Minus Third Party Aftermarket 20% Commission $599.80

Hand registered 11 years ago so I got like $90 into it total.

So just over $2300 profit on this one after registration/renewal/third party aftermarket fees taken out.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Some new sales:

Domain name: Keyword+Design dot com
Sale venue: NamePros
Listing type: Make offer
Sale price: $1000

Domain name: O*w*n*P*a*y dot com
Sale venue: DNS
Sale price: 1950$

Domain name: Keyword+VR dot com
Sale venue: Buyer emailed me
Sale price: 700$

Domain name: R*o*b*o*A*i*r dot com
Sale venue: Escrow
Listing type: Buyer emailed me
Sale price: 2500$

Last edited:
•••
One sale on BrandBucket.com confirmed, I can't disclose the domain in full:

[A key ingredient for a type of recipe]Garden.com

Purchase price: $3355
Commissions: -$1005
Logo design: -$100
Your proceeds: $2250

•••

Congrats... but that commission is freaking TOO MUCH!

•••
I cant get anything accepted onto brandbucket, also i dont believe we should have to pay to list the domains on there when they take such a large commission too. Day light robbery

•••

Commission is way over the top

•••
Brandbucket Is a good place to sell brandables, no doubt. That justifies the commission IMO

Last edited:
•••
I agree it's a lot. It does put BrandBucket under pressure to make sales.

•••
Brandbucket Is a good place to sell brandables, no doubt. That justifies the commission IMO
You have no idea what goes on in... they favour themselves before they favour you all..

•••
Sold a NNLL.com for $50 at BIN on GoDaddy, I would've dropped anyway, nice little surprise to start a productive day :joyful:

•••
A handful of sales this week:

wo*z.com $3500 (paid $69)
re*q.com $2500 (paid $202)
cw*t.com $1200 (paid $112)
d******design.com two-word design name $2500 (paid $1100)

livef**e.co $250 a two-word $1 .co hand reg. Still pending
hu*n.com $3800 Still pending, buyer agreed in escrow. (paid $36)

All were either from outbound or inbound emails. The design name was from me following up on an offer that I got last year.

•••
Back