Dynadot

various Discuss and Report Any Details of Domain Name Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Scotty205

Established Member
Impact
Got my second domain sale today! New Orleans + 2 keywords .com for $300.00 to end user. I emailed 28 companies and got a call and closed the deal.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I personally feel, your partial info is enough for me to note that particular keyword is good

True, I have to admit there is some useful info there.

•••
I have a solution for all:

create two threads:

1 - this one here for completed sales with full name disclosure
2 - another one.. completed sales with incomplete name disclosed

personally, I believe most/all people who bother to take time to post a sale here, do not lie.
I mean yuou have to be really stupid and desperate to do that. I like to think most/all np members are not stupid.

therefore I do not really mind if somoene here says I sold panada+kw domain for $2 or whatever else..

but.. to respect those who want to read only full name disclosure sales... I recommned creating that 2nd thread for the incomplte names.... this way everyone can follow whichever one they want. so if you are in the group of people who think there may be stupid and desperate np members around who post fake sales, you can just not follow that other thread for incomplete names disclosed.

and if you are like me, and have good faith in people here and theur IQ, you can join both threads.. and extract some info from both.

who's with me now?

if all good, I'd like @Eric Lyon to make an official post and rule out of this. thank you.

•••
I have a solution for all:

create two threads:

1 - this one here for completed sales with full name disclosure
2 - another one.. completed sales with incomplete name disclosed

personally, I believe most/all people who bother to take time to post a sale here, do not lie.
I mean yuou have to be really stupid and desperate to do that. I like to think most/all np members are not stupid.

therefore I do not really mind if somoene here says I sold panada+kw domain for $2 or whatever else..

but.. to respect those who want to read only full name disclosure sales... I recommned creating that 2nd thread for the incomplte names.... this way everyone can follow whichever one they want. so if you are in the group of people who think there may be stupid and desperate np members around who post fake sales, you can just not follow that other thread for incomplete names disclosed.

and if you are like me, and have good faith in people here and theur IQ, you can join both threads.. and extract some info from both.

who's with me now?

if all good, I'd like @Eric Lyon to make an official post and rule out of this. thank you.

Interesting idea, but I don't think it is necessary.

The mods have already set the rules for this thread.

If they are followed, everything should be cool :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Interesting idea, but I don't think it is necessary.

The mods have already set the rules for this thread.

I only said it because as you clearly see, the current rules aren't working.
there is no point in pretending they are if you yourslef have made 3-5 posts today saying how useless it is to post incomplete names. and then some other people posted too.

who wants debates like this to happen every time an incomplete name is posted. not me.

•••
Speaking about incomplete data.

I think it's OK to post smth like "GEO+plumbingservice.com, for low/mid/high $XXXX" or "Tokyo+Keyword(Service/profession).com, for low/mid/high $XXXX", because there is indeed some useful data to think about.

Last edited:
•••
I only said it because as you clearly see, the current rules aren't working.

Isn't that what the rules are for though?

If you can't report complete info, don't report at all.

•••
Speaking about incomplete data.

I think it's OK to post smth like "GEO+plumbingservice.com, for low/mid/high $XXXX" or "Tokyo+Keyword(Service/profession)", because there is indeed some useful data to think about.

i personally agree. but clearly there are people who do not agree. and think it is either not complete enough or fake. therefore I say created 2nd thread for incomplete name sales.
and everyone can follow whichever threasd they want or both,. I Hope Eric resolves this soon so no one has to read 20 messages of debates each time an incomplte name gets posted here

thanks

•••
i personally agree. but clearly there are people who do not agree. and think it is either not complete enough or fake. therefore I say created 2nd thread for incomplete name sales.
and everyone can follow whichever threasd they want or both,. I Hope Eric resolves this soon so no one has to read 20 messages of debates each time an incomplte name gets posted here

thanks

You are right, let's end this and let the mods handle it.

•••

thanks
There is no need to create 2 threads. People just need to understand that "incomplete" has many meanings in this industry. You can still respect some privacy omitting to post a word, but still give relevant and useful info to others.

Only the most banal posts should be avoided where there is no info at all.

•••
There is no need to create 2 threads. People just need to understand that "incomplete" has many meanings in this industry. You can still respect some privacy omitting to post a word, but still give relevant and useful info to others.

Only the most banal posts should be avoided where there is no info at all.

well like I said either way is fine by me.
I am okay with whatever solution puts a total halt to 5 pages of debates each time an incomplete names is posted.
cheers.

•••
Sold: Master***.com for $250
Sold date: Jan 26, 2017
Sales venue: Parkingcrew inquiries
My investment: $13.99 at Dynadot Auction
Net profit: $236
ROI: 236/13.99*100=1686.91%

Thanks GOD for this

•••
Good Initiative Team NP :) Thanks for creating another thread for partial sales report!

IdeaCredits @alcy

•••
IMO I vote that the good idea generator @alcy creates a new thread since this one is messy and then this one is closed so we don't have to start with negativity and confusion for future members

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Completed Sales with Incomplete Info Disclosed

Rules:
Suggested template:

Domain name
: enough info to be useful without compromising privacy of buyer and seller

Sale venue:
Listing type:
Listing upgrades:

Seller: required

Asking price:

Sale price: required - can be generalized to low mid high $XX $XXX $XXXX

Purchase venue:
Purchase price:
Details:

If you have COMPLETE sales info to share, please post in this thread instead
https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-completed-domain-name-sales-here.83628/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And totally open to improvements to the above format - maybe @alcy wait til a few people chime in first

•••
thanks.. I can't do that. this was created and msgs moved by the mods. creating another thread with similar name would only add to confusion.

I think your message above and the prior discussions on this thread give good introduction to why thread is here and how to use it.

I think from this point on.. and here from below, we can all happily and merrily post our incomplete sales.

and whoever wants to follow both threads can do so. and those who find this one useless, well, will now how the option to opt out and nothing more to debate about on the other thread.

enjoy.

•••
Good Initiative Team NP :) Thanks for creating another thread for partial sales report!

I had this idea the other day when I was addressing someone in the main thread about this exact situation:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-completed-domain-name-sales-here.83628/page-487#post-5956106

I didn't realise there were other people who felt the same as me.

Someone could create a fresh thread with a title like "Reported Completed Sales Here (Partial Info)" - something like that. I can do it, if no one wants to, but only if there's enough demand for it.

Last edited:
•••
thanks.. I can't do that. this was created and msgs moved by the mods. creating another thread with similar name would only add to confusion.

I think your message above and the prior discussions on this thread give good introduction to why thread is here and how to use it.

I think from this point on.. and here from below, we can all happily and merrily post our incomplete sales.

and whoever wants to follow both threads can do so. and those who find this one useless, well, will now how the option to opt out and nothing more to debate about on the other thread.

enjoy.

to be honest i perfer this a lot better ! , im also one who does not want to give the full name out and perfer just to give format like - keyword+vr etc.. , they is still valuable information without giving the full name. giving the full name is just asking for the person to be spammed.

so me for sure will be posting in this :)

•••
@LucidDomains - you have my vote to be thread starter, your title is much better AND maybe you switch it to ★ Partial Info - Report Completed Sales Here ★ so it is CLEARLY visually different to help people keep the threads straight

Something I would add to what I wrote above for suggested format - I would like for the guidelines to include you can ONLY report your own sales if the info is partially disclosed, to keep the thread clean of speculation. I am certain we all understand this already, just thinking ahead to avoid issues in the future.

Go Team Partial Info! : grin :

•••
•••
Domain name: *********.com
Domain industry: Mobile Gaming
Sale venue: Outbound
Seller: Me
Asking price: $15,000 USD
Sale price: $8000
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)
Purchase price: $500
Details: Bought at auction two years ago.

•••
Domain name: ************.com (Two words)
Domain industry: IT/Security
Asking price: $15000
Sale price: $6500
Purchase venue: Auction
Purchase price: $20
Details: Acquired at auction then two months later had an inquiry, couldn't agree on a price so I sold to a competitor promptly.

Last edited:
•••
Domain name: **********.com (Two words)
Domain industry: Travel
Asking price: $1250
Sale price: $1250
Purchase venue: Auction
Purchase price: $20
Details: Reached out to a buyer, they were okay with the domain and price. Sold within a few weeks of owning.

•••
I think having a thread about failed domain sales. Could be useful. Discuss what you think went wrong. What you could have done to salvage the deal. Learn from eachs others mistakes. Could be useful for some.

Last edited:
•••
Domain name: San Diego + 2 keywords .com
Domain industry: Boating
Asking price: $300
Sale price: $300
Purchase price: Reg Fee

My third domain sale. Contacted about 40 end buyers.

Last edited:
•••
Regretfully I had forgotten I had listed VirtualPhotoBooth.comfor sale at Namerific. 6 months ago it sold on godaddy for high $xxx, last Friday I got an email from Namerific that i had sold the name for $1999 :(.... totally my fault that I forgot to remove the domain from Namerific. Is embarassing but wanted to share so others don't make same mistake. I'm motivated now to ensure I remove other listings for names I sell.

Last edited:
•••
I recently sold a domain name, the domain name was for I will also censor mysel.........

•••
Back