IT.COM

various Discuss and Report Any Details of Domain Name Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Scotty205

Established Member
Impact
Got my second domain sale today! New Orleans + 2 keywords .com for $300.00 to end user. I emailed 28 companies and got a call and closed the deal.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Recently sold a 2 word Panda related domain for $1,600

•••
•••
was it PeekingPanda.com / BooPanda.com ?

•••

Come on, you know you want to tell us :xf.smile:

Wait, here it comes...........

xxxpanda????

•••
No Further Details.

I totally respect this, there's too many spammers in this industry I've seen NP users openly admit they chase up other sales leads from this thread. I try to build relationships with those who I sell to. I also nearly lost a sale because of a spammer after I shared a deal I closed. The company I sold the name to had some choice words for me after being bombarded with domain offers. Never again.

Geo+keyword+services.com. mid $xxx. Outbound 1 mail sent and the sale was closed, nice.

Acquired via GD closeouts for $5+renewal fee.

•••
I totally respect this, there's too many spammers in this industry I've seen NP users openly admit they chase up other sales leads from this thread. I try to build relationships with those who I sell to. I also nearly lost a sale because of a spammer after I shared a deal I closed. The company I sold the name to had some choice words for me after being bombarded with domain offers. Never again.

Geo+keyword+services.com. mid $xxx. Outbound 1 mail sent and the sale was closed, nice.

Acquired via GD closeouts for $5+renewal fee.

What is to stop someone from posting fake sales if the name is not provided?

OK, here is one of my recent sales :xf.wink::xf.wink::xf.wink::xf.wink::xf.wink:

xxxxloans.com

Sold for one million dollars.:xf.wink::xf.wink::xf.wink::xf.wink::xf.wink:

Without the pertinent info for a sale, this thread is worthless!

If you are worried about spammers, just don't post the sale at all.

Last edited:
•••
What is to stop someone from posting fake sales if the name is not provided?

OK, here is one of my recent sales :xf.wink::xf.wink::xf.wink::xf.wink::xf.wink:

xxxxloans.com

Sold for one million dollars.:xf.wink::xf.wink::xf.wink::xf.wink::xf.wink:

Without the pertinent info for a sale, this thread is worthless!

If you are worried about spammers, just don't post the sale at all.

Nonsense. There's useful information to be gleamed from incomplete sales data, if you can't understand why then I give up. If you post fake sales then you're a muppet and you're only fooling yourself. If you really want to, you can do some detective work and figure out the names, assuming the names aren't under privacy.

•••
Nonsense. There's useful information

Without the name, the related information is not very helpful.

If someone posted the sale of their automobile at a site that posted sales of cars and said - I sold my 1980 xxxx car for $1000.00 and it is blue, and I bought it from someone else 2 years ago for $500.00, what use is this information if we don't know the make or model of the car?

Not very useful!

Last edited:
•••
Without the name, the related information is not very helpful.

If someone posted the sale of their automobile at a site that posted sales of cars and said - I sold my 1980 xxxx car for $1000.00 and it is blue, and I bought it from someone else 2 years ago for $500.00, what use is this information if we don't know the make or model of the car?

Not very useful!

I went far beyond the simplistic example you've provided. Geo+keyword+services. I posted where I got it, how I sold it and for how much. If you can't gleam useful information from this then like I mentioned, I give up.

I'd agree with you if someone just said, sold a .com xxxx and gave no other info, you're clutching at straws.

But you know what, I'll just keep my sales to myself in future. Tips hat.

•••
I went far beyond the simplistic example you've provided. Geo+keyword+services. I posted where I got it, how I sold it and for how much. If you can't gleam useful information from this then like I mentioned, I give up.

What useful information is to be gleaned?

There is nothing to apply the available information to.

The related info makes no sense if it does not apply to something.

The price is not helpful if we don't know the name.

How much it was purchased for is not useful if we don't know the name.

Get the picture?

The name is the most important parameter here, and everything else relates to it.

No name - no valuable info.

Many times I see people in the appraisal thread ask for a valuation, but they will not provide the name.

We all say to that person, how can we value a name if we don't know what it is.

The same thinking goes here.

•••
But you know what, I'll just keep my sales to myself in future. Tips hat.

That's what I do, and why I will not bother posting partial info.

It doesn't help anyone.

•••
That's what I do, and why I will not bother posting partial info.

It doesn't help anyone.

It appears I see value where you don't. Thread has been derailed enough. If you have an issue with the sales being reported I suggest you take it up with the mods.

•••
It appears I see value where you don't. Thread has been derailed enough. If you have an issue with the sales being reported I suggest you take it up with the mods.

I don't have an issue, not at all, just an opinion.

The mods have already spoken.

They have a suggested template for reporting sales data on this thread.

Here it is, again.

Note where it says (bold required).

Suggested template (bold required):

Domain name: required

Sale venue:
Listing type:
Listing upgrades:

Seller: required

Asking price:

Sale price: required

Purchase venue:
Purchase price:
Details:

Last edited:
•••
I agree, why do you report, if you don`t post the domain?

I mean
Recently sold a 2 word Panda related domain for $1,600

Why do you post this? What should I do with this info? Why is it important?

I can say I sold two Chimpanse domains today for $120000 USD.

Mods have already said, if you don`t post domain, don´t post at all.

•••
No Further Details.

Thank you for posting your sales info.

I personally feel, your partial info is enough for me to note that particular keyword is good.

But as per NP rules you have to post necessary info.

Last edited:
•••
I don't have an issue, not at all, just an opinion.

The mods have already spoken.

They have a suggested template for reporting sales data on this thread.

Here it is, again.

Note where it says (bold required).

Suggested template (bold required):

Domain name: required

Sale venue:
Listing type:
Listing upgrades:

Seller: required

Asking price:

Sale price: required

Purchase venue:
Purchase price:
Details:

I mean

How about instead of backseat modding you just report the posts?

•••

I mean

In answer to your question, I choose not to reveal the full details of the domain as I wish to respect the privacy of my buyer. People should respect that. Oh, and this was a genuine sale, and that's all that really matters to me.

Last edited:
•••
Let's be honest, why do you post a sale? To show your success, to prove that your selling model works, to share your experience, to post some relevant info to the entire industry and help others to understand what sells at the moment.

Any of these would be completely irrelevant if you don't post the full info about the sale. Majority here don't search the sale backgrounds, but just read the story and make their conclusions. When you post smth like "I sold XXXXXXXX.com for $XXXX, that I bought X time ago for $X. I can't disclose the info because of buyer's privacy" you bring no value to this thread, and your post could be qualified as spam. Plus to this, there is no evidence that the sale occurred.

So, I would advice to post the entire info, or not post at all(if you respect the buyer's privacy)

•••
Let's be honest, why do you post a sale? To show your success, to prove that your selling model works, to share your experience, to post some relevant info to the entire industry and help others to understand what sells at the moment.

Any of these would be completely irrelevant if you don't post the full info about the sale. Majority here don't search the sale backgrounds, but just read the story and make their conclusions. When you post smth like "I sold XXXXXXXX.com for $XXXX, that I bought X time ago for $X. I can't disclose the info because of buyer's privacy" you bring no value to this thread, and your post could be qualified as spam. Plus to this, there is no evidence that the sale occurred.

So, I would advice to post the entire info, or not post at all(if you respect the buyer's privacy)

This is exactly what I was thinking, thanks for sharing my thoughts @Ted.T !

As long as mods asked to post in a template format why bother bragging about BS? It's either you post the full stuff or don't post at all ... it's that simple ...

•••
In answer to your question, I choose not to reveal the full details of the domain as I wish to respect the privacy of my buyer. People should respect that. Oh, and this was a genuine sale, and that's all that really matters to me.

If you can't post the domain, don't post at all!!! You understand? If you want to respext buyer for some reason, don't post!
Thats just wasting other time, server bandwith etc!!
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Wow - this all seems to be getting a little out of hand. Could we end this here please?

•••

That's cool.

We are just saying that more info would be very helpful, and if you can't provide it, or you want to protect your buyer, just don't report the sale at all.

That is all we are saying.:xf.smile:

•••
•••
That's cool.

We are just saying that more info would be very helpful, and if you can't provide it, or you want to protect your buyer, just don't report the sale at all.

That is all we are saying.:xf.smile:

No problem - will take note for the future!

•••
Back