IT.COM

various Discuss and Report Any Details of Domain Name Sales

NameSilo
Watch

Scotty205

Established Member
Impact
Got my second domain sale today! New Orleans + 2 keywords .com for $300.00 to end user. I emailed 28 companies and got a call and closed the deal.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I haven't seen anyone else with that many top tier "xyz" it's basically a monopoly in her favor, add that to the fact that the extension is mostly for crypto
but then you may be right 🤷🏽‍♂️

•••
I still think its money laundering. The amounts keep getting higher too.
But what do I know....
What then is the point of reporting it if it is money laundering?

•••
IF it's really laundering , not reporting it makes it suspicious ... regardless , congratulations to @DNGear

•••
I'm sorry but I don't buy these reported .xyz super sales anymore. Something is definitely off.

When a market works, it works for everyone. Not just for one seller.

And if you use your brain, you'll find that there can be a couple very different explanations for this.

( Am I the only one thinking this....? )

Hate to break it to you, but you couldn’t be more dead wrong.

I was on the phone with my GD Rep going over prices ands sales…while discussing XYZ names that I own and looking to own and he informed me as well that there are in fact several more sales in the five figure range XYZ taking place that are not even being reported because Go Daddy can’t report them.

Also I’m not going into much detail, but amuch what’s happening with this is crypto/eth/nft ecosystem fueld, it’s all connected to the mount of money in crypto and decentralization that’s happen now… and I’ll leave it there.

congrats to @DNGear

Let stay more positive here shall we, I mean recently you report more sales than anyone else how would you feel if someone made the same accusation towards you…js

Last edited:
•••
Ugh, I stirred some debate. That was not the intent.

Side note I don't really think it's money laundering but something else entirely. Important parts are missing.

Anyway. Shall we all report domain sales here.

Edit: Hopefully other sellers will begin selling high 5-fig xyz soon so this will then clear any doubts.

Last edited:
•••
TBH her sales look a lot more believable than the .co domains you sell if being realistic lol..

Solid 1 word .xyz domains that gaming/crypto startups are acquiring from DNgear. Your .co sales are mostly obscure two-word combinations that I always wonder "how did that sell lol"..

This requires some clarification, also for the other comments.

Which .co sales?

I haven't sold co's in months, maybe just one or two here which obviously don't matter much.

I do post co sales to encourage some of fellows here who have .co portfolio. I believe in the TLD (also in xyz) but I think they are still too early for their potential.I'm an xyz supporter too. It took me a bit though to understand both tlds, which I've been just experimenting in, unlike .com where I really earn the bacon. Today I can say I have a better understanding although I've decided to focus on .coms (simply put, better ROI for me in .com).

I had indeed a good trend of small co sales, but it was only for a couple months at the beginning of the year. They are wildly fluctuating, and so is xyz.

If you think I bring ~ 20k /mo from $199 co sales, you're really off. I'm primarily a .com domainer. I might have got a lot of xyz and co but that's for a market test and not much else so far. And they were dirt cheap, perfect for market discovery.

Also, this is an emotional reply from you. I sense you are pissed off on yours truly, just because I voiced my doubts. Shall we all not jump into the worst conclusions such as money laundering. That's a harsh one.

Shall we not attack any fellow member here. But voicing doubts, if any? I'm always in for that. Including yours here about my co's, they are welcome of course. But by all means, don't feel those negative feelings.

And yeah the amounts are quite different. I don't make that much as her. That's clear.

Yet I only voiced my doubts, and my doubts are here to stay. Never intended to hurt anyone's feelings, it's just that in my head things don't fit here. There's no such thing as one person owning a market. And they won't fit unless I get the whole picture. And we're seeing just the tip of the iceberg here. Hopefully it'll be a good nice iceberg in the end.

I do a lot of work for the community and focus primarily on helping others. Maybe you missed this part; cause you got me really wrong. I spent an entire day writing my last post and got some nice feedback from other members. I don't make this for money or else.

I share my strategies openly with such posts and each domain share. I made just one share of the doubts and suddenly I'm the enemy here. If that's the energy of the forum... maybe I should stop posting. But I really don't believe so.

One thing that could clarify more is: How about sharing those xyz strategies, like I do, not just the sales...?

Not just "No more questions please" each and every time? With each "no more questions" it simply goes deeper in doubt for me.

I get that some things are to be kept secret (the edge each of one has) but it's too much secrecy here. anyway these are just my thoughts. I could be wrong. But the fact that this has stirred so much debate (which I did not expect, but just a couple negatives which is alright) tells me that there are others who also don't buy it entirely.

Well, perhaps we will get more info and clarity next. Or, perhaps, not.

Last edited:
•••
Let stay more positive here shall we, I mean recently you report more sales than anyone else how would you feel if someone made the same accusation towards you…js

That's okay, anyone with accusations, bring them on to me :xf.smile: I don't have "no more questions" comments, in fact i share almost everything I can about each sale. And it was not an accusation, see above.

I don't think I do post negative. But I'm a bit outspoken. I just shared a thought that continues to bite. Maybe I should not be outspoken anymore further. But that goes both ways.

Edit: Thanks for the info though, maybe a clearer picture will be created with time.

Last edited:
•••
If you understood how you do it, you would like a public record of your cleaned money.

•••
She has no secret. She has all the phenomenal SLDs in the xyz extension. If you follow aftermarket sales, she is also active in auctions even though she rarely overpays unlike some greedy fools like me.

Her portfolio is open for everyone to study. Nobody owns that many phenomenal in any SLD.

If I had her exact same SLD in .info, i would still be profitable.

Good SLDs sell.

ETH.club sold for 200K
And this is from Mark Levine's tweet:

As an experiment, I recently handregged 10 GTLDs, all that have "ETH" as the SLD & all under $20 each. This week I sold: *eth(.)photo -$3k *eth(.)photography-$5k *eth(.)boats -$4k *eth(.)hockey - $4k

SLDs matter.

Now ETH is phenomenal, but you get the point. When you have 16000 great SLDs, they ought to sell

•••
She has no secret. She has all the phenomenal SLDs in the xyz extension. If you follow aftermarket sales, she is also active in auctions even though she rarely overpays unlike some greedy fools like me.

Her portfolio is open for everyone to study. Nobody owns that many phenomenal in any SLD.

If I had her exact same SLD in .info, i would still be profitable.

Good SLDs sell.

ETH.club sold for 200K
And this is from Mark Levine's tweet:

As an experiment, I recently handregged 10 GTLDs, all that have "ETH" as the SLD & all under $20 each. This week I sold: *eth(.)photo -$3k *eth(.)photography-$5k *eth(.)boats -$4k *eth(.)hockey - $4k

SLDs matter.

Now ETH is phenomenal, but you get the point. When you have 16000 great SLDs, they ought to sell

This is a good response. Can't say it clears everything for me yet but it's a possible explanation.

( Now shall we get back to domain sales reporting, thanks )

( Edit: I have an $199 sale, now I feel I should not post these anymore. Thanks @alienbaba )

Last edited:
•••
Crypto has the money and apparently crypto likes .xyz.

No one in that position would announce sales. Dngear has done an amazing job getting all these top .xyz names before .xyz was a legitimate extension.
--
evolve(dot)global - $9k - afternic.
Regged in 2020, total cost $104.

what are u talking about her sales have zero to do with crypto.

•••
Inspiring...:xf.wink:

dont get too inspired. u will never get these results..nor will anyone feeling inspired get these xyz results... cause she runs a monopoly with 20k top names

move on to other names and tlds..

what I'm curious for is a report like nikhul did.. great guy hope I got his name ok...where he lists profit margins after all sales and all expenses..on the year.. maybe it's something @DNGear can consider.. but based on 20k names..with 6k I read renewed
..profitability and roi per year do seem extraordinary... looks like she really got hang of it.
with xyz.

•••
Ugh, I stirred some debate. That was not the intent.

Side note I don't really think it's money laundering but something else entirely. Important parts are missing.

Anyway. Shall we all report domain sales here.

Edit: Hopefully other sellers will begin selling high 5-fig xyz soon so this will then clear any doubts.

what? no. others will not start reporting 5fig xyz sales. no more now than they have done so upto now or b4.

•••
Demeter.xyz sold for 3995 usd @GoDaddy

I am a domain invester like you all. I dont need to bluff anyone here. If you think you have a good keyword and someone is not buying for 5 figs, You should consider wait for a right buyer. We cant compare one's sales with other. Lets concentrate on domains and sales and stop wasting time here.

dicussing isn't wasting time. u seriously do not think that posting on public forum might not create discussion.

most of us are amazed and say bravo..so u should be happy.

and yes of course countless people have or had over years way better quality xyz names than some of yer 5fig sales..that's a given..a no brainer.. it's just that we didnt have 20k of them.

so congrats again. plz accept congrats from us and discuss yer sales. as world leader in xyz sales yer attitude of.. I dont wanna talk..no more info etc...is quite frankly deplorable.

if I was world leader in something.. I'd be happy to share info..tips..discuss...

u come to public forum to post...and what u post is unique and extraodinary.. u need to expect and accept debates if u do that. ty and happy sales.

•••
Quest.xyz sold for $69888 @Afternic
Optics.xyz sold for $19888 @Afternic
Common.xyz sold for $14888 @DAN.COM
Unblock.xyz sold for $7888 @Afternic
Artifacts.xyz sold for $2995 @GoDaddy
ArtLab.xyz sold for $2195 @Afternic

No further details please. Thanks
Congrats! Which nameservers are you using? And which format? Buy it now only or with best offer option? And how do you made decission to price your domains?

Last edited:
•••
Accept she doesnt want to say anything extra. No one wants to login to find 50 PMs all asking for intricate details, no time for that.
Consider yourself lucky she's already sharing her sales, successful people generally don't.

•••
HealthE******.com

Purchase Price $18, two years of renewals @ $18, two years of hold time = Total Invested $54

SOLD @ BIN $5000 Afternic Fast Transfer Inbound

Sale occured a bit ago, and I did not report it to namebio or dnjournal.

tteEOMB.png

Last edited:
•••
HealthE******.com

Purchase Price $18, two years of renewals @ $18, two years of hold time = Total Invested $54

SOLD @ BIN $5000 Afternic Fast Transfer Inbound

Sorry but if you don't post the name, you really should not bother. It's not going to be welcome here.

•••
Buyer wants it kept private, I have email from afternic as proof or screen grab.

•••
•••
•••
Buyer wants it kept private, I have email from afternic as proof or screen grab.

That doesn’t matter. If you can’t share the name as per the thread requirements best not to post as it will get moved off this thread.

•••
That doesn’t matter. If you can’t share the name as per the thread requirements best not to post as it will get moved off this thread.

I think I shared enough. I'm respecting the buyer. I posted a screen grab and alot of details, and I don't always post sales here. Plus, I've been here a long time. I have no ulterior motives to decieve anyone here. I didn't even know there was a thread requirement to be honest.

Last edited:
•••
Point is not to post a sale to show you made a sale but to post name and price so that others can learn from it.

Now you know.

•••
As far as the XYZ debate goes, do any of you guys have any xyz names priced over 1k let alone 5k or 10k+?

I've got some xyz names but I think most of mine are priced in the 200-600 range. So maybe because we're not all asking 10k+ is why namebio isn't showing others making $10k+ sales in xyz?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back