Dynadot

various Discuss and Report Any Details of Domain Name Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Scotty205

Established Member
Impact
Got my second domain sale today! New Orleans + 2 keywords .com for $300.00 to end user. I emailed 28 companies and got a call and closed the deal.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
a/p/l/e/n/d/i/n/g .com
$999
After BIN
GD Closeout
Hold Time: 2 months

I liked the ap prefix and lending is popular keyword, priced it for $2500 at AN, dropped it to $999 and sold in two days, maybe could have got more, but it was one of the first domains I purchased after doing the hard work of listening to podcasts and upgrading the quality of my names. This is my highest .com sale ever in domaining. It isn't XXXX yet, but still learning an upgrading my portfolio.

On a side note, I had this pointing to DAN and had not changed the price to reflect $999, I had it priced originally at DAN and got a $100 offer and then dropped to $490 and once Fast Transfer became eligible on name, I lowered price on Afternic from $2500 to $999 and it sold, so next time need to check prices across domains more frequently. Lot of details in this post, but this community is amazing.
congratulations , definitely could have got more tho

•••

I agree, especially considering the updated Whois to a California based mortgage company, one loan pays the domain price alone, live and learn.

•••
Not paid yet, sale happened on Friday and after that due to weekend, no progress I guess, need to wait 2 to 3 days and see whether they pay or not.. Will update here the status..

Hey man: Even if you dont get paid;
You’ve updated us throughout,
and for that, thank you. Good luck, best wishes

Huh? “.ing” suffix’s have a bad rep, and never heard of this word, before this post.
Would YOU willing to spend over cost paid? Dont give me that “i’m not an enduser” excuse. The price was right. In fact, more than right.

He’s helped reaffirming the “ing” suffix market. He couldnt have “gotten more” lol so many liberal with phrase, need to stop saying that. — It minimizes the sale, not to mention, wrong. Completely disagree, thanks! Thx other most; for sharing. Always! I think you wouldnt sold it, if you let this one go. Wish success & move on

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the feedback Samer.

Last edited:
•••
Hey man: Even if you dont get paid;
You’ve updated us throughout,
and for that, thank you. Good luck, best wishes

Huh? “.ing” suffix’s have a bad rep, and never heard of this word, before this post.
Would YOU willing to spend over cost paid? Dont give me that “i’m not an enduser” excuse. The price was right. In fact, more than right.

He’s helped reaffirming the “ing” suffix market. He couldnt have “gotten more” lol so many liberal with phrase, need to stop saying that. — It minimizes the sale, not to mention, wrong. Completely disagree, thanks! Thx other most; for sharing. Always! I think you wouldnt sold it, if you let this one go. Wish success & move on

Samer
I stand on my words, he could have gotten more... you either jump into conclusion without taking a look at the name properly or you just can't see the bigger picture (cover the first 2 letters of the domain and take a look again)

•••
I stand on my words, he could have gotten more... you either jump into conclusion without taking a look at the name properly or you just can't see the bigger picture (cover the first 2 letters of the domain and take a look again)
Yes he/she probably “could” of got more if they waited..this is not the domain appraisal section

Last edited:
•••
I just brokered P/y/P/a./com for $8000
Marketplace : Flippa
Congrats to Seller And Buyer!

how do u broker on flippa? or do u mean u work for flippa and buyer or seller hired u?

•••
how do u broker on flippa? or do u mean u work for flippa and buyer or seller hired u?
I'm a broker on Flippa.

•••
a/p/l/e/n/d/i/n/g .com
$999
After BIN
GD Closeout
Hold Time: 2 months

I liked the ap prefix and lending is popular keyword, priced it for $2500 at AN, dropped it to $999 and sold in two days, maybe could have got more, but it was one of the first domains I purchased after doing the hard work of listening to podcasts and upgrading the quality of my names. This is my highest .com sale ever in domaining. It isn't XXXX yet, but still learning an upgrading my portfolio.

On a side note, I had this pointing to DAN and had not changed the price to reflect $999, I had it priced originally at DAN and got a $100 offer and then dropped to $490 and once Fast Transfer became eligible on name, I lowered price on Afternic from $2500 to $999 and it sold, so next time need to check prices across domains more frequently. Lot of details in this post, but this community is amazing.

What podcasts would you recommend?

•••
Sort of neither... or both.

I've just reactivated my own landers with price shown. This had $199 shown. There is a button that takes you to Dan / make offer. But buyer is already hinted/primed by then. So it's like a BIN in disguise. He offered me an extra $1.

This is to avoid double sale and protecting my Afternic account which is most important. I've had double sales too often and I'll only use BIN in one place now, namely Afternic.

i wonder what's the benefit of using your own lander?

•••
i wonder what's the benefit of using your own lander?

Flexibility, which in turn brings a lot of other advantages depending on your process.

Edit: Example, Dan now supports domains at Sav but only after 60-day lock. My lander will show a different buy button for these depending on the case (and even more complex decisions). I'm using a redirector, as each domain might use a different marketplace. There are lots of other advantages, but I don't want to dilute the sales thread.

Last edited:
•••
0gkRvV5.jpg

Sold for 500 USD, Dynadot BIN
Bought for 6.99 USD, hold time 17 days.

Quite undersold, maybe?

Edit: Congrats anyway for your sale

Last edited:
•••
Quite undersold, maybe?

Edit: Congrats anyway for your sale

nope not undersold.. ;)
the metaverse train for handregs left few yrs ago.. not 17 days ago heheh

•••
nope not undersold.. ;)
the metaverse train for handregs left few yrs ago.. not 17 days ago heheh

I don't think so.

Wait a few months, you're going to be surprised.

•••
•••
I don't think so.

Wait a few months, you're going to be surprised.

yeah.. I'd have to be seeing bit more of this twiki friend of mine on the metaverse threads and the like to believe ya... ;)

•••
CoinDela.com
Sold for $750, Afternic BIN
Hand reg for around $5, hold time 9 months
My first sale - was starting to lose hope it would ever happen!
How did you decide its value?

•••
•••
S/c/o/t/t.xyz sold for 7500 usd @alter.com
Punks.xyz sold for 2995 usd @sedo

No further info please. Thanks

nice

I only have handful of xyz... u being xyz pro why scotty didnt sell for me? ;)

•••
nice

I only have handful of xyz... u being xyz pro why scotty didnt sell for me? ;)

Why? May be because of xtra "y" ;p

•••
total//
people//
INVESTMENT in king $9800

Strange... The domain was registered at 2020-12-29 and at exactly that day a trademark filled.
Whats the story behind the sale? Was it a handreg?

And it is still listed at Sedos marketplace. AND you were offline for four years and the first thing being back online is to post that sale? Sorry. I'm a bit suspicious since these "hacker attacks" few month back at NP. Are you sure about that sale? 😜

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Yeah you missed no further details

@karmaco In this instance even if it says "NO MORE DETAILS" it does warrant a follow-up as it's a valid point when a domain was showing listed at a fraction of the sale price which was putting into question the validity of the sale as we don't want fake sales reports or maybe typos either, it was just due diligence (Now Lox has a known good reputation anyway).

NO MORE DETAILS is aimed at people who would continue to ask, where did you buy, how did negotiations go and other details of the sale.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back