Dynadot

various Discuss and Report Any Details of Domain Name Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Scotty205

Established Member
Impact
Got my second domain sale today! New Orleans + 2 keywords .com for $300.00 to end user. I emailed 28 companies and got a call and closed the deal.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Show attachment 176162
What? Not sure what you don’t understand, why don’t you check @Rob Monster tweet about it from a couple days ago..

hmmm I thought he was asking what other .co names u bought on promo

why else u think i said what I said

oh well... now it makes sense

maybe I was sleepy a bit

ciao

•••
Registered in july epik promo for 1.99
Sold in september for 300 euro (approx around 365 usd) after negotiation at dan.
Show attachment 176237
How did you chose this name?
Did you like it as you scroll from a list, or some other criteria? Even your other .co chnge
Do you also register brandble typos. I understand these are popular in .coms on brandable platforms

•••
How did you chose this name?
Did you like it as you scroll from a list, or some other criteria? Even your other .co chnge
Do you also register brandble typos. I understand these are popular in .coms on brandable platforms
icon/ico is a dictionary word in some language so i registered it as a hack.
And i register brandable in .co only in rare exceptional cases not generally.

•••
d o d o . l i n k
$600
Sedo
inbound at BIN
price
hand reg on discount promo so nice ratio :xf.smile:
hold time about 3 months

Sold yesterday. Incredible speed from Sedo -- was just over 12 hr from sold until it was transferred and I was paid in my PayPal.

This is my first .link sale (I started investing in some this summer, all at discounted hand reg).

I had slightly decreased the BIN a few days earlier, not sure if that had an impact. I also had changed where lander pointed (the lander was not at Sedo before or after, but guess buyer preferred to buy there).

I have no idea whether buyer views it for the extinct bird, as do do!, or the myriad of ways the term has come to be used. I probably should have researched it more on acquisition and setting BIN price. It is taken in 187 TLDs, some for sale at big prices. Oh well, I am happy with my return.
Good and congrats...
How much is sedo commission from the sale??????????

•••
•••
Game lines.io
Sold it a few months ago. Afternic.
Bought at GoDaddy sat on it for 1-2 years and sold it for @$280 after commission.

my 2nd domain sale ever!! I was pretty happy. Used part of the proceeds to get vegas game lines.io 🤠

•••
•••
AntiqueJewelryBuyers .com
Bought: $8.49
Sold: $650
Sale type: outbound
Hold time : 5days
Sale venue: Epik
Great sale congratulation how can buy and sell?

•••
•••
z/a/z/e/n/ .io

$4,900
BIN, Sedo
Backordered, hold time 3 months

Can you please throw me some light why you bought this name in .IO extnsn?

Also, what's the Acqstn price? :)

•••
Can you please throw me some light why you bought this name in .IO extnsn?

Also, what's the Acqstn price? :)
Because it's very cool and i thought it fits .io crowd.

Price - just regular backorder

•••
Some of my recent sales

D/21/ .co
$985
Afternic BIN
Regged on drop
Hold time about 1 month

Congrats man, how you do come up with this name? If there is any guide kindly share me. Thanks in advance.

•••
Congrats! B/u/i/l/d/i/f/i/c was originally registered by me back in 2016 and I sold it in 2018 to another domainer. It seems that it was dropped later. I should have kept it lol :D
@Keith DeBoer For a possible podcast story on "liquidator's remorse"? :P

•••
Alhamdullahi. Thanks to Allah. First sale on SH.

SH registered.

SH portfolio size: around 55 [Creative+SH owned]

Handreg coined out of the blue:

AUVERO/king

Sold $2699. I get $674.

Hold: 7 months.

Now a developed techy site within few days of purchase.

Also want to thank Rob of Epik; he's being a good guy.

u should never use sh again if they gave u 700 out of 2700

and write a google review 5 million times telling world they are ripoff

•••
Sold

I was thinking the same. It's pretty much robbery for SH to take like 75% in commissions..

•••

@alcy @alienbaba That remuneration formula makes sense if it was a SH-registered domain. There are different ways to submit domains on SH.

Last edited:
•••

Nah, if you know the terms of the payment and accept it, that's on you. Good for the seller for their 1st ever sale(and hopefully many more to come.)

It does make me wonder if the sale happened because it was listed on SH and found through their marketplace or if the person landed on their landing page. Always had been a bit skeptical about brandable marketplaces and their high commissions, but if it works, it works.

@alcy @alienbaba That remuneration formula makes sense if it was a SH-registered domain. There are different ways to submit domains on SH.

How does that work? I figured that 25-30% was just standard. Wasn't aware there were different options.

Last edited:
•••
Nah, if you know the terms of the payment and accept it, that's on you. Good for the seller for their 1st ever sale(and hopefully many more to come.)

It does make me wonder if the sale happened because it was listed on SH and found through or if the person landed on their landing page. Always had been a bit skeptical about brandable marketplaces and their high commissions, but if it works, it works.

How does that work? I figured that 25-30% was just standard. Wasn't aware there were different options.
Basically, a user can suggest domains that are unregistered and SH register them and give you around 25% of the sale amount if it's sold. So the seller did not spend any money on this domain, only his time thinking about names.

•••
Basically, a user can suggest domains that are unregistered and SH register them and give you around 25% of the sale amount if it's sold. So the seller did not spend any money on this domain, only his time thinking about names.
boils down to how much you value your time then........I value mine so I don't do it......

•••

It does make me wonder if the sale happened because it was listed on SH and found through or if the person landed on their landing page. Always had been a bit skeptical about brandable marketplaces and their high commissions, but if it works, it works.

SH is paying the reg fee for this and the renewals until it will sell...so the $700 is just because he came up with the idea of the domain, SH has done the rest of the work.

Last edited:
•••

@KTC That's because you haven't read the Terms and Conditions. 25-30% is only standard if YOU own the domains you've listed. Otherwise it's essentially the other way around if you had Squadhelp register the domains you've submitted for approval and that were approved. See screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 11.19.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 11.19.41 AM.png
    227.2 KB · Views: 210
•••

SH is paying the reg fee for this and the renewals until it will sell...so the $700 is just because he came up with the idea of the domain, SH has done the rest of the work.

Thank you both for your answers. That's a very solid ROI for thinking of a name that eventually sold. I can't knock that hustle.

@KTC That's because you haven't read the Terms and Conditions. 25-30% is only standard if YOU own the domains you've listed. Otherwise it's essentially the other way around if you had Squadhelp register the domains you've submitted for approval and that were approved. See screenshot attached.

Gotcha. Can't knock that at all. Making cash and not having to pay for it sounds great. I'd just be more skeptical on actually getting paid for it, but glad it works for someone out here.

Last edited:
•••

It does make me wonder if the sale happened because it was listed on SH and found through their marketplace or if the person landed on their landing page. Always had been a bit skeptical about brandable marketplaces and their high commissions, but if it works, it works.

yea exactly. nice trick they use to force people to use their landers. if u had it on dan or bodis lander or other cheap ones it would sell too

that's how they make their cash...cause most people do not realize that they know that by forcing u to their lander u will never question or say...damn I could have sold it for less fee on my own lander.

seriously... 700 out of 2700...that's an insult .. I couldn't sleep at nite if company did this to me. I already take sleeping pills when gd takes 20%

Last edited:
•••
yea exactly. nice trick they use to force people to use their landers. if u had it on dan or bodis lander or other cheap ones it would sell too

that's how they make their cash...cause most people do not realize that they know that by forcing u to their lander u will never question or say...damn I could have sold it for less fee on my own lander.

seriously... 700 out of 2700...that's an insult .. I couldn't sleep at bite if company did this to me.

Now, that I can agree with. I have a supremely hard time wanting to give up that kind of data that could help me make decisions.

•••

You got the point. The terms and conditions of the company are obviously clear on that type of sale. Nevertheless, domainers should be proactive to see value in their names and ensure to register them. The seller is happy with the sale for the income, but he will learn to invest more with the income. Thank you all for your open-minded contributions.

•••
Back