IT.COM

various Discuss and Report Any Details of Domain Name Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Scotty205

Established Member
Impact
Got my second domain sale today! New Orleans + 2 keywords .com for $300.00 to end user. I emailed 28 companies and got a call and closed the deal.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A couple of sales in October.
Big///Data///info - $3,300 (Sedo, negotiated, incoming offer 3K) Hand Reg. 2012
Digital///Twin///Tech///com and Digital///Twins///Tech///com - $17,700 for both. (Afternic, negotiated, incoming offer 15.5K) Hand Reg. 2019 one renewal.

great to see such amazing info sale they are so rare... care to say briefly what made u reg this info and keep renewing almost 10yrs? were there offers before? ty

•••
care to say briefly what made u reg this info and keep renewing almost 10yrs? were there offers before? ty

The new generic top level domain (gTLD) application system did not start to open till 2012. Before I realized what that event meant and the subsequent dilution of my portfolio, I had invested in quality info names as well as some .us and .biz. I do like technology and the next big thing, and some of my info names were just to good to drop. The buyer for Big///Data///info came from Italy. I believe the dot info tld is more popular in Europe. I had one previous inquiry 1 1/2 years after registering that went nowhere. So far, this is the highest reported Big///Data sale on NameBio.

Last edited:
•••
A couple of sales in October.
Big///Data///info - $3,300 (Sedo, negotiated, incoming offer 3K) Hand Reg. 2012
Digital///Twin///Tech///com and Digital///Twins///Tech///com - $17,700 for both. (Afternic, negotiated, incoming offer 15.5K) Hand Reg. 2019 one renewal.

Wonderful sales!Congrats
I happen to own Digital///Twin////Software///com and had a min offer on SEDO over a year ago...silence since, I've re-adjusted my price, thank you!

What was your lander on these?? I see the lead came via Afternic, ns3.ns4? or another.

Last edited:
•••
Bodis lander. Buyer found the domain listings on afternic marketplace and enlisted the help of a Afternic domain broker.

•••
great to see such amazing info sale they are so rare... care to say briefly what made u reg this info and keep renewing almost 10yrs? were there offers before? ty
nice
Was digital twin domains were outbound?

•••
Wonderful sales!Congrats
I happen to own Digital///Twin////Software///com and had a min offer on SEDO over a year ago...silence since, I've re-adjusted my price, thank you!

What was your lander on these?? I see the lead came via Afternic, ns3.ns4? or another.
Same here. Some interest but no sale yet

I own Digital/ Twin/Network and I was thinking of dropping it come next June/July simply because I don't like long domain names.

I guess I will have to make out time to readjust the price again.

•••
how much you list these domains? and now changed to?

Wonderful sales!Congrats

Same here. Some interest but no sale yet

I own Digital/ Twin/Network and I was thinking of dropping it come next June/July simply because I don't like long domain names.

I guess I will have to make out time to readjust the price again.

•••
how much you list these domains? and now changed to?
Listed for xxxx when I first registered in 2018. Reduced it to XXX when I was thinking I may or may not renew next year because it happens to be one of the longest names in my portfolio. This is also why I hate two-word keywords

Now, with the Tech sale, I am contemplating taking it back to xxxx again.

•••
S h o p p i n g - L i v e . c o m

- sold today for $899, Afternic BIN, Fast-Transfer
- registered for $8.47 with GoDaddy
- hold time 15 month, one renewal

{New owner server seems to be in Italy now}

Show attachment 173203

plz say how many dashed names u have about?

•••
Show attachment 173208

Domain sold to a Thailand construction company, inbound.
I've bought it here at NP for $20 at Mar 14, 2018 from @Grade8 (thank you!)
I renewed 2 times, total investments about $50-$60 in this name.
Domain was parked as Sedo sales lander and had 1999 BIN with make offer. When I received 1750 offer at Oct 31 I accepted it.
Credit Card payment verification was pending during 9 days but I've got funds now.

nice...
biz is dead to most domainers... even reader since they went prem...do u own many biz?

•••
plz say how many dashed names u have about?
~950 (including numbers along with dashes in some, many expiring...not more than ten with dashes sold so far I think)

Last edited:
•••
Domains auto added to GoDaddy Closeouts or owner submit them to add? thanks

Domain name: RedHelicopter.com
Sale venue: Afternic
Sale price: $4,959
Purchase venue: GoDaddy Closeouts (Jan 2020)
Purchase price: $10

•••
Domain name: RedHelicopter.com
Purchase price: $10
You are a great domain picker! Nothing in Google search and dotDB suggest any significant end user. What gave you the confidence to pick it up?

•••
Domains auto added to GoDaddy Closeouts or owner submit them to add? thanks
You dont submit to closeout. They are names thay expired from Godaddy and others.The OP bought the name from there.

•••
You are a great domain picker! Nothing in Google search and dotDB suggest any significant end user. What gave you the confidence to pick it up?

Thank you for the kind words Kassey. A primary color + noun. Worth the $10 investment imo :)

Last edited:
•••
Third domain sale for me so far, I am still learning.

here is what you can learn today:
selling for $200 USD will make you broke

•••
Should he have charged $2,000 for this domain then and wait for right buyer?
Thanks!

•••
He should have charged $500 to $1999 imo.

•••

unfortunately Frank one goes even more broke waiting to sell names not worth 2000 for 2000.

Last edited:
•••
I could have priced it for $999, but at the end of the day, I learned a little and can reinvest into other names, I appreciate all the feedback and constructive criticism.

Rene

•••

Strongly disagree, my average selling price is 250 $ and I have done 80K+ on dan alone in a year.

I sell geo domains almost every second day for anywhere between 99-500 and I'm not broke yet.

Instead, I have grown my portfolio, made better acquisitions and renewed names I wanted to hold.

•••
Strongly disagree, my average selling price is 250 $ and I have done 80K+ on dan alone in a year.

I sell geo domains almost every second day for anywhere between 99-500 and I'm not broke yet.

Instead, I have grown my portfolio, made better acquisitions and renewed names I wanted to hold.

Outbound ??

•••
Geos are a different category imo versus the rest, i think the point is aimed more at brandables which you need to try to relatively maximize it when a buyer comes along as you might not have tons of sales in a given period unless you have thousands and thousands of names.

Last edited:
•••

Do you do Outbound or it just inbound you make sale every other day. what's your portfolio size. I think $200 for inbound query is very low

•••

do you pay yourself and/or others for your time?
do you pay TAXES?
do you pay HEALTH INSURANCE?
do you pay RENT?

how much is 80K in pure profit?
after all expenses.

and can you live in USA or Germany from that?
or do you need to live in india / pakistan?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back