Dynadot

various Discuss and Report Any Details of Domain Name Sales

NameSilo
Watch

Scotty205

Established Member
Impact
Got my second domain sale today! New Orleans + 2 keywords .com for $300.00 to end user. I emailed 28 companies and got a call and closed the deal.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had this happen on DAN...
It's a solid name, put a 10k BIN on it, and forget abt it!
Cheers!
Thanks and I think you're right, done.

•••
Oh that sucks sorry to hear that. I had someone do that to me on Stock.loans at Epik. He was trying to front run, came back offering $150.
Thanks, went to bed with a smile on my face the day i sold it and woke up the next morning and the first email i read is the one from Dan saying buyer bailed on the sale. lol:xf.frown:

•••
Thanks, went to bed with a smile on my face the day i sold it and woke up the next morning and the first email i read is the one from Dan saying buyer bailed on the sale. lol:xf.frown:

At least you got that $750. Good domain will sell again. Don't worry.

•••
At least you got that $750. Good domain will sell again. Don't worry.
Thanks but I didn't get the $750 they refunded him.

•••
Update on my 3k rogue()tv sale last week, buyer changed their mind the next day after making a 750 payment saying they can't afford and cancelled their sale which was a big bummer.Show attachment 161355
This happened to me twice and both times I have sold for a higher price than previous offers.

•••
•••
Sold back in February on a 6 month instalment plan which completed yesterday.

Hand-reg (saw it had dropped) via a promo for a little over £2 in November 2019, listed on Squadhelp early February and it sold 7 days later. Held off reporting then due to everything that was starting to go on with covid.

Show attachment 161202

Venue: Squadhelp
Price: £2 (hand-reg promo)
Hold: < 3 months
Sold: $2199
After fees: $1482
Why did SH charge you $717?
For that price range it would be either $400 or 25% whichever is grater, so they had to charge you $549 (25%) I guess.
I am asking because I have some domains listed with SH.
Thanks!

•••
Hen***.es 10k private
Hydrogen.green 3k Dan.com
Both 1st half 2020

Last edited:
•••
@rumevic At the time of adding that one the SH commission was 32.5%. In fact, if you have domains listed with them you can click on the 'Terms' link under the Exp Commission header to see the fees you will pay on your names.

More info on their fees

They actually stiffed me out of $2 as .675 x 2199 = 1484 :xf.eek: :wacky:

Last edited:
•••
We had an interesting sale on Dan.com last week:

SupplyShift.com - Owned 10 years
BIN set at $2,588 and someone pulled the trigger and completed the transaction

•••
Domain Sales made in the last week:

Detach.in - $450 USD

PayG.in - $2000 USD

SecondhandLaptops.in - $200 USD

how many .in u own about? where are most sales? ty

Last edited:
•••
It’s been a while since I shared sales on here.. these are sales over past couple of months:

Show attachment 161861
If you don't mind sharing, what is your "Approval Rate", "Shortlist / Views %" & "Portfolio Popularity" on SH?

Might help other SH sellers to see as to where they can Improve...(y)(y)(y)

•••
•••
•••
Handreg in 2016 fasthosts promo plus 3 renewals. Sold in may 2020( this year)
Show attachment 161963

not sure bout sh but bb fees are a ripoff to put it nicely...yer almost down half money..it is insanity... which brings me to something i always wondered bout given they force u on their lander... logic says all these names would still sell on other landers or markets right? for fraction of fees

•••
not sure bout sh but bb fees are a ripoff to put it nicely...yer almost down half money..it is insanity... which brings me to something i always wondered bout given they force u on their lander... logic says all these names would still sell on other landers or markets right? for fraction of fees
You can't rule out the added traffic that come from these marketplaces. Some of them have mad traffic with loads of repeat buyers

•••
You can't rule out the added traffic that come from these marketplaces. Some of them have mad traffic with loads of repeat buyers

true..but their forcing u on their lander may well be just clever way for them to make answering my question impossible...frankly i would expect the worst from place that rips allmost half yer profits... and they know full well u cant sell same name at same time on 2 landers... so they force ya on theirs and u never end up knowing if u coulda sold it for 5% on dan vs almost 50% with this 'company'

basically an outrage and insult.

•••

Depends which logic )) It is a theory that a good name would sell anyways. First, when a name sells is a huge difference. Many investors don't even have patience beyond the 1-2 year horizon. Second, BB, BP, SH with their 2%-5% sell through demonstrate that they can beat typical sell through by 2x-5x, so a demonstration matters.

Heck, seeing a name matters even to me as a buyer. Bought today Bridentity in closeouts. Hadn't thought of that myself, but someone did and I loved the idea of merging Bride and Identity. The same with brandables. People look for ideas and don't have a clue how to name their business and product. Browsing through brandable marketplace, searching, seeing logos can give them what they need.

•••
All these brandable marketplaces come with obvious caveat, one has to learn to have strategy to take benefit of it and not let it go other way. I have had names sold where i felt i could have got far more on my own or at afternic/dan/epik. On other side some names i feel have easily been boosted with listing there, I try to keep only such names there. This particular name i believe i could have got net amount more without them. But i had listed this in 2016, was too lazy to remove so i let it be.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Got my first sale via Squadhelp

SOLD Skinily.com for $1999

Hand registered over a month back.
Sorry, this was a Backorder. Just realised.

•••
•••
Not following you...Care to explain?

You must be new at this.

A back order is what you use to acquire a dropping domain.

To have the best chance at getting it you place a ""back order" at one of

or all of the drop catching services in order to try and catch the domain.

NameJet/com and Dropcatch/com are examples of those services.

Last edited:
•••
this sale is inbound? did you ever sent outbound for this domain? personally this name is really not good, why you paid for it? you already had some potential buyer before purchasing?

Sold ThroughTheLens dot com - $13,800.
Had a $27,999 BIN @ Sedo.
$13.8K was final sales price after negotiations that lasted a few days.

Paid $1662 in August 2014.

Last edited:
•••
You must be new at this.

A back order is what you use to acquire a dropping domain.

To have the best chance at getting it you place a ""back order" at one of

or all of the drop catching services in order to try and catch the domain.

NameJet/com and Dropcatch/com are examples of those services.

I'm not new at this & know what a backorder is!

My question is regarding the complete statement as to whether he sold name at SH or not, irrespective of it being a backorder or otherwise?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back