Dynadot

various Discuss and Report Any Details of Domain Name Sales

NameSilo
Watch

Scotty205

Established Member
Impact
Got my second domain sale today! New Orleans + 2 keywords .com for $300.00 to end user. I emailed 28 companies and got a call and closed the deal.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congratulations on the sale. Do u sell the .UK of these .co.uk? are they in demand as well or buyers are only interested in the .co.uk

I'm in the uk And initially wasn't a fan
of. uk Domains but when you think Google only wants to know what the product is on a website and where it is etc

. co.uk

Is a uk extension but not an area

But

. uk

Is an area or group of countries

So for organic seo

.uk

Is much better

And I now mostly only buy

.uk

Domains only and don't bother buying
. Co.uk

Domains anymore

•••
wuno.co.uk - $400 (Sedo)
justaroundthecorner.co.uk - €250 (Undev)
yumi.co.uk - €400 (Undev)
glcs.co.uk - €100 (Undev)

We make a alot of €100-€500 sales via Undev (inbound) - but we rarely sell .COMs in the low-mid $x,xxx sales range there. Is this trend shared by other members? Thinking of re-directing the .COMs to Afternic's landers.
I did a small sample experiment. First using Afternics lander's for several months and then Undeveloped. I more than doubled inquiries in a very short time with Undeveloped. That's my results, curious what others have experienced.

•••
@platey

Do They Sell As Well As The .CO.UK Though...

I Feel End Users Prefer .co.uk Over .uk - They Dont Seem So Clued Up On The .uk

•••
Looks like you undersold. I can see a previous sale of the same for $999. Congratulations on the sale however!
Where can you see a previous sale of same for $999?

•••
@platey

Do They Sell As Well As The .CO.UK Though...

I Feel End Users Prefer .co.uk Over .uk - They Dont Seem So Clued Up On The .uk

Would like to know what UK citizens/domainers think about it...

In namebio...the reported sales for .co.uk are 5400+ and for .UK just 28...

What am I missing here?!
Why this big difference..

Thanks for any feedback.

•••
•••
@vravis9

I Think Its Simply Because Most UK Businesses Are Not Aware Of .UK

I Bet If I Asked 100 UK Businesses What Domain They Would Buy If They Had To Buy A New One; 95 Would Say _____.co.uk or .com

Example: I Sold A .co.uk A Little While Back For £500 ... The .UK Version Was Available For Reg. Fee

•••
@vravis9

I Bet If I Asked 100 UK Businesses What Domain They Would Buy If They Had To Buy A New One; 95 Would Say _____.co.uk or .com

Example: I Sold A .co.uk A Little While Back For £500 ... The .UK Version Was Available For Reg. Fee
You still cant reg .uk if you dont own .co.uk

•••
@mayazir You Can If The .co.uk Is Available Also

What I Mean Is You Dont Have To Reg. The .co.uk To Own The .uk As Long As The .co.uk Is Available Aswell... If That Makes Sense.

I Actually Own A Couple .UK Domains And Do Not Own The .co.uk

Last edited:
•••
Where can you see a previous sale of same for $999?
You can see it here when you type it in Godaddy appraisals. https://prnt.sc/leys3e
P.s that wasn't meant in bad faith was just stating my observation. I don't get the hate :xf.confused: I did congratulate @1Darko who I know is a great guy for a quick and profitable flip.

•••
@vravis9

Thanks @Jonathan Beadle
That is strange to find most are unaware of .UK
I wonder what lead to popularity of .co.uk and still getting priority...

May be something like a registrar promoting it extensively..or giving it for free...or one launched way before the other (I doubt it).

Sorry my bad...

I went on with discussion...

Let's keep it to reporting completed sales only.

Last edited:
•••
You can see it here when you type it in Godaddy appraisals. https://prnt.sc/leys3e
P.s that wasn't meant in bad faith was just stating my observation. I don't get the hate :xf.confused: I did congratulate @1Darko who I know is a great guy for a quick and profitable flip.
Thanks! Interesting that GD appraisals shows this domain's previous sale, as a comparable. Yet, I lost one of my .coms, at NC, which expired and 31 days later was auctioned off by "upstream vendors", at GD Expired Auctions and they don't list that sale, as a previous or comparable sale, for it. FWIW: I didn't take your post as bad faith, but rather as useful info. (y)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Chandamama.org Sold $200 via escrow.com
purchased for $15

Nice sale. For those wondering about the name: Chanda+Mama actually means "Moon, the maternal-uncle (Mama)" in India. There used to be a comic as well by this name.

•••
Chandamama.org Sold $200 via escrow.com
purchased for $15
WoW,

It's an opening line of poplur Hindi child song, I think every Hindi speaking person has listened to this song.

•••
•••
Nice sale. For those wondering about the name: Chanda+Mama actually means "Moon, the maternal-uncle (Mama)" in India. There used to be a comic as well by this name.
buyer of the domain from india

•••
LOL .. Do you know what this mean? Why you bought it.
I think the answer is no, he only bought that because of high volume of search.

•••
I see it on Wikipedia

AC02A0AF-D787-4986-8BDE-E3CC5DC8AA35.png
LOL .. Do you know what this mean? Why you bought it.

•••
I think the answer is no, he only bought that because of high volume of search.

Yea. You are Right.

@Yusupbabay you buy it as Magazine. But Indians have much more emotions attached with it.

Hope you had .com but as it was .org and quick flip hence really nice sale. Congrats! (y)

•••
Yea. You are Right.

@Yusupbabay you buy it as Magazine. But Indians have much more emotions attached with it.

Hope you had .com but as it was .org and quick flip hence really nice sale. Congrats! (y)
Thank you my friend

•••
•••
•••
•••
Came here to edit my above post, but couldn't. Got another similar mail from Afternic just now.

OnlyU.net - $350
Afternic BIN
Purchase price: $5.69
Hold: 4 months.

Got 2 sales within an hour. Last time I got 2 sales in a day was 14th/Feb 2017. Today is 14th too.
Seems like 14 is my new lucky number.
Congrats. How many names do you have listed on Afternic? if you don't mind divulging.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back