IT.COM

various Discuss and Report Any Details of Domain Name Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Scotty205

Established Member
Impact
Got my second domain sale today! New Orleans + 2 keywords .com for $300.00 to end user. I emailed 28 companies and got a call and closed the deal.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have names I sold years ago that the buyer never updated dns one guy has my registration info, asked him to update a few times, never got back to me.

What you describe is pretty common, but this scenario is different.

Doesn’t resolve is not the same as having same NS and Contacts unchanged. Doesn’t resolve means nameservers were changed (from DAN’s nameservers in this case), but there is nothing at new destination (no website, no parking page).

So there are two options: either the buyer manually changed the NS to something else or there are some predefined NS at his Registrar’s account that all new domains inherit.

Ive checked two domains from the list and both have the following NS:

dns1.registrar-servers.com
dns2.registrar-servers.com

I’m curious to learn who would buy 5+ .xyz domains for 2-4K apiece and for what purpose.

•••
in my view it is a combination of quantity and quality and holding for longer time and long enough.... setting bin prices.. in correct range... posting on proper marketplaces and network partners etc.. that's my view... xyz remain very hard sales for most domainers... including me, though I have all at makeoffer... i guess the proof they are hard sales is that almost no one posts xyz sales here...

but i believe this is not proof that if enough names are held for long enough, you will not find some buyers eventually... especially if some or many would be repeat buyers.

jmo
Could by any chance the sales are to end users? Are end users familiar to xyz extension that much?
Cc DNGear
PS: congratulations on those sales!(y)

•••
I do too. That is why I wrote 50/50. But the seller explained that it is the same buyer. Then it is quite probable.
@DNGear could this same user be an end user or fellow investor please?
Thanks

•••
I’m curious to learn who would buy 5+ .xyz domains for 2-4K apiece and for what purpose.
I hope to learn this too!

•••
@iKhalyfah I am not sure because of privacy. So many .xyz domains have been using by end users.

•••
•••
I guess only one buyer bought all of these. I dont know what the buyer would do all these names. May be we should wait for some time to get something to resolve.

Maybe the registry is buying them back to delete them and put a premium renewal price like on other dictionary domains, and stirring the sales pot in the process.

•••
Maybe the registry is buying them back to delete them and put a premium renewal price like on other dictionary domains, and stirring the sales pot in the process.

I have been following .xyz deletes for 4 years. Their premium domains haven't been changed in terms of price or numbers since then. I am sure abt it.

•••
Last edited:
•••

this is super unlikely imo.

i follow daily expireddomains.net for several tlds and keywords. xyz is one of them. there are dictionary words dropping there daily which can be had for < 1$

in fact all my xyz (100 or so) I regged from there... over past year.. many are of same similar or slightly beter quality than the 1worders sold in this discussion. its just that i do not have bin prices via afternic network (though xyz doesn't go on their prem net anyway) .. all mine are makeoffer.. and i basically never renew xyz either.

seems to me this may be a case of holding way more names than i do, and for much longer than i do.. bins could be key too.. jmo.. just speculting. we all have our niches of speciality.. keyowrd or extension wise.. so sometimes if we really persist at something in our own strategy, we can get above avg results imo

•••
I have been following .xyz deletes for 4 years. Their premium domains haven't been changed in terms of price or numbers since then. I am sure abt it.

You said you regged these domains at a standard rate. Pretty sure they would be priced premium if they were free now.

•••
i follow daily expireddomains.net for several tlds and keywords. xyz is one of them. there are dictionary words dropping there daily which can be had for < 1$

I also follow expired .xyz and pretty much everything interesting dropping has a premium registration rate. design.xyz dropped today and is priced at $1k+

•••
I also follow expired .xyz and pretty much everything interesting dropping has a premium registration rate. design.xyz dropped today and is priced at $1k+
Design.xyz is premium since .xyz launch.

•••

strongly disagree. design is a class apart. plz check his sold keywords again. just regular 1worders.. not top of top... many plurals etc... ok my last post on this. back to sales... alcy out.

•••
Design.xyz is premium since .xyz launch.

Ok, I rest my case. I'll just wait a couple of months and see what happens to the domains you sold. :)

•••
I didn’t want to question any sales here, as this is not a proper thread. But when such “out of charts” sales are reported, I take it with a grain of salt. I mean, congrats to @DNGear if he sells this (unpopular?) extension in bulk for 2-4K apiece during such a short period, but without proper proof of sale one can never be sure it’s in fact happened.

To those of you doubting these xyz sales, many of them can be verified via the GD appraisal tool. Give it a little while, and I'm sure the most recent batch will show up soon.

•••
looks like it regged and put 45k price in dan.com . Whats the time of drop for .xyz ?

•••
looks like it regged and put 45k price in dan.com . Whats the time of drop for .xyz ?

I'm not sure if there is some standardised time, that particular one had this info in whois:

The queried object does not exist: previous registration D100595309-CNIC was purged on 2020-04-21T17:00:53.0Z (DOMAIN NOT FOUND)

•••
Registered in 2016 nov at fasthosts for 1 pound plus 3 renewals/transfers since then.
sold bin afternic for 1199
Show attachment 151981
CONGRATS. whats your nameserver on afternic ?(1&2 or 3&4). Did you transfer because of renewal fee? thanks

•••
I'm not sure if there is some standardised time, that particular one had this info in whois:

The queried object does not exist: previous registration D100595309-CNIC was purged on 2020-04-21T17:00:53.0Z (DOMAIN NOT FOUND)

Its registered by one of our NP member.

•••
CONGRATS. whats your nameserver on afternic ?(1&2 or 3&4). Did you transfer because of renewal fee? thanks
1. I don't park my names at afternic as there is no bin option i had tried it in 2017 with few names but it didn't work probably because they were high xxx and low xxxx names that need BIN. I park my domains at epik or dan.

2. Yes i transferred it because of price but also looking for and considering better registrar overall to manage domains. Before it was namesilo for me where i tried to keep most of my portfolio. ( i still have about 200 names there) Now its epik that is best registrar for me.

•••
1. I don't park my names at afternic as there is no bin option i had tried it in 2017 with few names but it didn't work probably because they were high xxx and low xxxx names that need BIN. I park my domains at epik or dan.

2. Yes i transferred it because of price but also looking for and considering better registrar overall to manage domains. Before it was namesilo for me where i tried to keep most of my portfolio. ( i still have about 200 names there) Now its epik that is best registrar for me.
Thanks for your reply. Does that mean you use dan or epik lander while you just list on afternic without using their NS? COS I just want to know why the sale on afternic not dan or epik? Sorry for derail. just want to learn more .Thanks

•••
Thanks for your reply. Does that mean you use dan or epik lander while you just list on afternic without using their NS? COS I just want to know why the sale on afternic not dan or epik? Sorry for derail. just want to learn more .Thanks
yes its common for domainers to sell at afternic without parking at there, just make sure you list it under their premium listing network. it will boost the chances of your sale through them.

•••
Is it ok to put this on Google Sheets? (apologies if this has been proposed before or is frowned upon for any reason). Reason I suggest so is that, I am thinking this data would be exponentially more valuable if we are able to manipulate on a spreadsheet. For instance, "do people get close to asking price on afternic compared to sedo?" etc. I can throw something together quickly - a Google form that folks fill with info and it populates a spreadsheet that all can view. Thoughts?

Last edited:
•••
Is it ok to put this on Google Sheets? (apologies if this has been proposed before or is frowned upon for any reason). Reason I suggest so is that, I am thinking this data would be exponentially more valuable if we are able to manipulate on a spreadsheet. For instance, "do people get close to asking price on afternic compared to sedo?" etc. I can throw something together quickly - a Google form that folks fill with info and it populates a spreadsheet that all can view. Thoughts?
thats what namebio doing :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back