IT.COM

various Discuss and Report Any Details of Domain Name Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Scotty205

Established Member
Impact
Got my second domain sale today! New Orleans + 2 keywords .com for $300.00 to end user. I emailed 28 companies and got a call and closed the deal.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I bought them. This thread said both bought and sold, so I'm just saying I bought these names through GoDaddy. Am working on two more acquisitions as we speak; Quotron.com and FinancialPlanning.org
I remember quotron sys.

•••
I remember quotron sys.

There's one active TM left in Italy by Quotron Systems. They're still alive! Somehow haha.

I got Quotron.io so pretty happy :D but I want the .com

•••
A couple of sales from past 3 months or so

(latest to oldest)
Me*Genius *com *** $1392 DAN (6 installments. Already got 2 installments) GD closeouts hold time 2 months
crypto*agency *co *** $92 Sedo... 0.99 GD promo reg... was expiring so dropped the price and it got sold.
aqua*decor *co *** $110 DAN make offer... 0.99 Promo Reg.... Hold time 2 months
fair*money *co *** $292 Afternic BIN.... 0.99 promo reg + 1 renewal (I don't renew a .co domain unless i had an offer on the domain and after renewal it got sold) Hold time was more than a year.
Fima *info *** $100 DAN make offer.... 0.99 promo reg + 1 renewal (Renewed it because i had an offer earlier)
fox*bit *co *** $200 DAN make offer... 0.99 Promo Reg .. Hold time 7 Months.
Advanced*Dental*Solutions *com *** $492 Afternic BIN... $79 Snapnames + 1 renewal i guess... Hold time more than 1 year.
Reliable*Realtors *com *** $292 Afternic Bin... $GD closeouts .... Hold time was more than 2 years. I purchased it when i didn't know much about trademarks. Won't buy a trademark domain again.

Thanks

can u plz comment if overall based on your trials so far you find that setting low or lower bin prices on afternic increases sold names percentages? if so then is the increase considerable? i guess in the end it is still the old age dilema whether it is best to sell 10 names for $100 bin each and make $1000 or wait to sell one or a few of them for $1000 bin each...

•••
Local/-/payments dot com
Registered 2days back
Sold for 200$ with direct paypal transaction
Linkedin outbound

Thanks,
Sumeeth
How do you do your outbound, what is your manner of approach of a potential customer

•••
can u plz comment if overall based on your trials so far you find that setting low or lower bin prices on afternic increases sold names percentages? if so then is the increase considerable? i guess in the end it is still the old age dilema whether it is best to sell 10 names for $100 bin each and make $1000 or wait to sell one or a few of them for $1000 bin each...

Yes definitely. Works great on Make offer landing pages when I counter with a lower asking price and also works great when I set lower BIN on Sedo and Afternic.
The reason is that some people don't have a good budget and by setting high BIN prices or countering with high price those leads are not converted to sales. I have rejected so many low offers on my average domains and didn't hear from those people again but whenever i lowered prices for those domains after some time the domains got sold quickly. Happened many times.
I remember once i got a price request on Afternic (the time when i was not using BIN for my domains). I set 2K USD price for that. It was an average $79 dropcatch domain. Nothing happened. I removed the 2K BIN after few weeks. Then after a couple of months i set a high XXX BIN and the domain got sold in the next few days. I think that person was informed about the price drop and he immediately bought it.

Now my strategy is to set lower BIN's on my average domains and will stick to higher pricing for my good domains so that i don't leave money on the table...

•••
During these ~two months I got these sales:

kronte.com - sold Feb 24th, for $50 on Afternic, reg. price $8.47(GoDaddy), hold time 6 months
serragaucha.net - sold Feb 22th, for $50 on Afternic, reg. price $7.99(Dynadot), hold time 5 months
jiujitsu.us - sold March 4th, for $173 on Afternic, reg. price $9.45(Epik), hold time 5 months
roundy.net - sold March 5th, for $142 on Afternic, reg. price $11.17(GoDaddy), hold time 7 months
ersatzteilkatalog.com - sold Feb 11th, for $88 on Afternic, reg. price $8.47(GoDaddy), hold time 6 months
yabshop.com - sold Feb 11th, for $50 on Afternic, reg. price $8.75(Dynadot), hold time 4.5 months
itasys.com - sold Jan 15th, for $50 on Afternic, reg. price $8.47(GoDaddy), hold time 6 months
g2g.us - sold Jan 15th, for $99 on Afternic, reg. price $8.47(GoDaddy), hold time 2.5 months
sweety.dk - sold Jan 7th, for $450 on Afternic, reg. price $8.99(GoDaddy), hold time 4 months
candid.asia - sold Jan 12th, for $50 on Afternic, reg. price $12.17(GoDaddy), hold time 5 months
caskets.us - sold Dec 29th, for $299 on Afternic, reg. price $7.99(GoDaddy), hold time 3 months
lyconet.net - sold Dec 28th, for $350 via Uniregistry, reg. price $14.88(Uniregistry), hold time 2 months
chat.agency - sold Dec 26th, for $99 via Dynadot auction, reg. price $22.99(Dynadot), hold time 4 months
gametime.tv - sold Feb 18th, for $650 via Efty landing page, reg. price $29.99(GoDaddy), hold time 6.5months
gluegone.com - sold Jan 8th, for $83 on eBay, reg. price $8.47+8.47renewal(GoDaddy), hold time 13months
pettifogging.com - sold Jan 22d, for $399 via Uniregistry, reg. price $10.88(Uniregistry), hold time 3.5months
whatsup.club - sold March 6th, for $344 on Afternic, reg. price $14.77(GoDaddy), hold time 1.5 months. {this one is paid for, money is in escrow, and still pending as buyer does not do domain push but rather transfer(GoDaddy says it is ICANN 60-day lock), need to wait for transfer on March 16th(just FYI).}

There were a couple of ~$700-1500 domains sold in 2019 as well, just a few.
In all sales on Afternic they charged 20% commission (prices shown above are gross sale prices)
Afternic minimum price list is $50 for buy now, for your information.
Most domains were purchased from expireddomains.net website when they became available(I mean I bought on other registrars' websites, but found out they became available at expireddomains.net)

P.S. Sometimes looking at Estibot valuations for some domains, I feel like I had to keep listing prices at least ten times higher, but thankful still ;)

too many letters, could be typos. but I tried..

Nice work mate although no big sales but multiple little sales still count. How did you manage to find the target buyers? Did they come to you or you went out there and search for them? Cheers

•••
Nice work mate although no big sales but multiple little sales still count. How did you manage to find the target buyers? Did they come to you or you went out there and search for them? Cheers
So far my efforts to connect with potential buyers have not resulted in sales.
These domains sold were listed on mentioned platforms as buy it now.
Thanks!

•••
•••
•••
Should I not put dot in the domain name here but rather slash?
Thanks

The slashes help keep the name from being indexed in Google and other search engines. This helps keeps your buyer from seeing what you paid for it. Also keeps future buyers unaware of tis purchase price if they are ever resold. Not perfect, but helps.

•••
The slashes help keep the name from being indexed in Google and other search engines. This helps keeps your buyer from seeing what you paid for it. Also keeps future buyers unaware of tis purchase price if they are ever resold. Not perfect, but helps.
doesn't seem I can edit my last two posts now to remove dots though

•••
Sold (Direct) $325
Untitled.png

•••
•••
•••
Name: Alloy/yed.com

Sale price; $36,000

Hold time: 15 months

Total cost
: $17

This was a moonshot. The inquiry came inbound from an Epik SSL lander. I asked for $100K and the negotiation took months. For the right buyer, it is $100K. This buyer did not have that. We settled at $36K.

Domains ending with "ed" are popular. They are past participle form of verbs. These domains make great brandables. If folks have them, happy to check them out.
wow

I understand ed is the past of a verb? but two y !!!?

I think the verb is alloy -using two metal together

•••
Name: Alloy/yed.com

Sale price; $36,000

Total cost

This was a moonshot. The inquiry came inbound from an Epik SSL lander. I asked for $100K and the negotiation took months. For the right buyer, it is $100K. This buyer did not have that. We settled at $36K.

Domains ending with "ed" are popular. They are past participle form of verbs. These domains make great brandables. If folks have them, happy to check them out.

-
the Epik Free Appraiser pegged it at $0...you made something out of nothing(y)

•••
wow

I understand ed is the past of a verb? but two y !!!?

I think the verb is alloy -using two metal together

Should not it be alloyed then?

•••
•••
•••
Sold a golden ‘oldie of my domains. Set the price low for this domain and left a lot of money on the table but will allow me to hang on too many quality domains for the upcoming downturn covering a few months of renewals until the next sale…

Domain: GoSwordfish (com)

Venue: Sedo

Price: $2499

BTW… Sedo has done great lately….
Have you parked your names in sedo?

•••
•••
Name: Alloy/ed.com

Sale price; $36,000

Total cost

Congratulations, from where did you acquired this name for $17 ?

•••
Congratulations, from where did you acquired this name for $17 ?

Thanks.

Expired domain -- it is actually the same expiry stream that is active here today:

https://nameliquidate.com/
https://marketplace.epik.com/daily-diamonds

For example, someone on NP recently picked up the domain name Multi/plied.com from our expiry auction recently and now has a legit 5 figure offer. It is another domain ending in "ED".

I see more "ED" domains in expiry now so they will be coming through those auctions soon. Daily Diamonds has the deals for sure. Some folks are doing great flipping names from there. Happy for them.

•••
Thanks.

Expired domain -- it is actually the same expiry stream that is active here today:

For example, someone on NP recently picked up the domain name Multi/plied.com from our expiry auction recently and now has a legit 5 figure offer. It is another domain ending in "ED".

I see more "ED" domains in expiry now so they will be coming through those auctions soon. Daily Diamonds has the deals for sure. Some folks are doing great flipping names from there. Happy for them.
Where can I find names as good as Multi/plied though? All I see ain't good ( nameliquidate)

•••
Thanks.

Sorry I want to get something clear

Did someone actually submit Multi/plied.com as a domain he/she chose to liquidate?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back