IT.COM

various Discuss and Report Any Details of Domain Name Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Scotty205

Established Member
Impact
Got my second domain sale today! New Orleans + 2 keywords .com for $300.00 to end user. I emailed 28 companies and got a call and closed the deal.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
connecticutassistedliving.com

Bought on 1 October 2019 from a reseller for $5.
Sold on 10 October 2019 for $399.

Hold Time: 10 Days
Venue: GoDaddy

What do you say when you reach out?

•••
•••
HartfordHandyman.com sold for $125.

Picked up for $1.99 on 9 June, 2019 from daily dropping domain names list I prepare and publish.

Opening offer was $100, and I tried negotiating for $200 but buyer wasn't really caving in for more, countered $125 after almost a week, which I accepted.
I see this, and I wonder how mike mann sells names like acehandymanservices.com for $25K, and acehandymanservice.com for $5k more to boot, then do a trace and the lucky guy ended up getting Ace Hardware to take the bait.

•••
I see this, and I wonder how mike mann sells names like acehandymanservices.com for $25K, and acehandymanservice.com for $5k more to boot, then do a trace and the lucky guy ended up getting Ace Hardware to take the bait.

makes me wonder as well.. and here we are who barely hit $xxxx on most of our pigeon-shiz!! :(

•••
Because he is not calling people and asking them to buy. He has the leverage. Also, he has names priced at $XXX as well. He just goes wild range of numbers and with 350K+ names, some are bound to sell at that price, but most are priced at the sweet spot range as the others would.

Think of it this way: he can try to sell 10000 names at $250 each and land 1000 sales for $250,000 total or he can price them at $25k each and sell just 10 for $250000. The sell through is 100 times less, but the revenue is the same.

•••
Because he is not calling people and asking them to buy.

I didnt call anyone, if you can read my post above, it was an inbound sale :)

Leverage, yes though, he knows his negotiation game!

•••
I didnt call anyone, if you can read my post above, it was an inbound sale :)

Leverage, yes though, he knows his negotiation game!

OK, inbound. Similar difference. Put higher BIN and if make offer option at any price, make sure there is a higher min for offer (at least $500, even $1000). You might loose half of your sales, but the other half will pay for those and some more.

•••
OK, inbound. Similar difference. Put higher BIN and if make offer option at any price, make sure there is a higher min for offer (at least $500, even $1000). You might loose half of your sales, but the other half will pay for those and some more.

The experience has been very disappointing for higher minimum offers at DAN. Buyer mostly (99% times) have disappeared to the counter offers or accepted offers. That's the reason I created this thread on Counter/No-Counter Offer sometime last week.

And as I have stated multiple times, I suck at negotiations :(

•••
The experience has been very disappointing for higher minimum offers at DAN. Buyer mostly (99% times) have disappeared to the counter offers or accepted offers. That's the reason I created this thread on Counter/No-Counter Offer sometime last week.

And as I have stated multiple times, I suck at negotiations :(

I have given up on DAN after few months of experimentation. I don't know what it is that invites low balls more than other platforms. Buyers there expect to pay low-mid $xxx for premium letter pronounceable 4L.com even...

•••
which platform do you use now, and dan has minimum offer option i guess

•••
which platform do you use now, and dan has minimum offer option i guess

for some I use uniregistry, but not too happy either. The others are just redirect to my media project. Working on my domain shop and own landers. Should be able to launch within couple of weeks.

•••
I have given up on DAN after few months of experimentation. I don't know what it is that invites low balls more than other platforms. Buyers there expect to pay low-mid $xxx for premium letter pronounceable 4L.com even...

Perhaps it's a lot of domainers/tire kickers who are looking for deals? It's not like you get the buyers email address so you have a chance of finding out who they are...

•••
•••
@NextGen Brand and I sold MetaverseApp(.)com
Sale venue: outbound
Sale price: $1k
Sale date: 20/October
Purchase date 10/October
Purchase price: regfee

Aren't you worried about any trademarks problems while outbounding? 😛

•••
Domain Name: BerkleyRealtor.com
Sale Price: $200
Sale Type: Outbound
Hold Time: 2 days

Picked up for $5.99 on 24th October, 2019 from daily dropping domain names list I prepare and publish.

During my research of publishing the domain name in drops list, I noticed a very prominent realty firm for the exact match keywords; "Berkley Realtor" stuck out at me in Google Search. They were operating on multiple domains and were mostly quite long, in fact 3 keywords, so the target was set.

Sent out a simple email when I had some time on 26th October, 2019 inquiring whether they'd be interested in the domain name for $275 (Low asking price, but soft spot for outbounds). Response came on the same day, some 8 hours later, with an offer of $100.

Countered with $200 buy now price and shared some monthly search stats. I also shared purchase link of DAN to which buyer tried making the payment but alas, how can it be so easy to close a sale... As usual payment processing issues at DAN kept him away for almost 3 days. I followed up and Buyer stated that he was going to try another payment card during the day, to which I offered him Paypal Invoice option which came through today. Sigh of relief!

I know REALTOR(s) words are Trademark of NRA, but if you read their Trademark terms carefully, they are somewhat confusing and there is room for an err.. They do not allow for generic terms such as YOU, MY, OUR, City+Realtors, etc while havent suggested that singular term cannot be used. At least, that's what I understood and this was the only Realtor domain in my portfolio ;)

Submission: I mistook this domain thinking that I was taking Berkeley (much larger city) instead of Berkley, but noticed my err once the order was submitted.. lol, that's what happens when you rush in to things during drops.

Hope there's some learning here for y'all as I am always learning.
With this unresolved payment issues with Dan, am sure many have lost inbound sales without them knowing. With outbound, the buyer will tell you but inbound, you won't know. Potential buyer will just walk away. I am surprised Dan still believe all is well with their platform

•••
Dan is failing us big time. TheIR delays nowadays is second to none. I only hope it's resolved quickly. It's really heartbreaking.

•••
With this unresolved payment issues with Dan, am sure many have lost inbound sales without them knowing. With outbound, the buyer will tell you but inbound, you won't know. Potential buyer will just walk away. I am surprised Dan still believe all is well with their platform

I walked away, almost, to new avenues, so that I can control my sales and enduser data!

•••
Dan is failing us big time. TheIR delays nowadays is second to none. I only hope it's resolved quickly. It's really heartbreaking.

They need to turn the tables around, for domain investors like me to start trusting them again, with our names.

•••
Lost 3 $xxxx sales due to Dan's payment error

•••
Lost 3 $xxxx sales due to Dan's payment error
I had a serious buyer for a domain for $1450 and for 2 weeks he couldnt pay and he thought it was a problem with his bank. After 2 weeks I told DAN to cancel the deal, then I received his info. I contacted him just to see what happened. And then I told him, alright lets try somewhere else.
Tried Sedo and the payment was instantly processed. I don't know what was the problem but he couldn't use his card on DAN.

Last edited:
•••
I had a serious buyer for a domain for $1450 and for 2 weeks he couldnt pay and he thought it was a problem with his bank. After 2 weeks I told DAN to cancel the deal, then I received his info. I contacted him just to see what happened. And then I told him, alright lets try somewhere else.
Tried Sedo and the payment was instantly processed. I don't know what was the problem but he couldn't use his card on DAN.

O O ... I had no idea this could happen with dan.

•••
@Reza any update on this??
Please advise as i am holding all domains in DAN.

•••
That's what buyer mentioned ;)

Hi Soofi,

We handle thousands of payments a month successfully and use Adyen as payment gateway to ensure payments are accepted easily. The biggest added value of us using Adyen is that we can offer almost all locally preferred payment sources to DAN buyers. This decreases payment friction significantly.

Adyen is used by Facebook, Ebay and Google for payment collection so they know how to handle collecting payments.

When handling thousands of payments every month, I’m not surprised that once in a while some buyers for whatever reason might bump into issues.

When issues do arise and we reject a payment, we’ve got automated notifications in place to guide buyers to our support and resolve the issue by actively assisting them.

To conclude, there’s no payment issue at DAN.

Every single marketplace that collects payments also rejects some for various reasons.

Buyers make mistakes as well. We see that daily happening with purchase attempts on cards without enough balance for example.

We use the best of the best payment processors which work on an invite only basis to ensure an as smooth as possible purchase experience.

We simply process a lot of transactions. Considering our buyer reviews on Trustpilot I don’t also don’t see buyers mentioning a difficult payment process. To the contrary, speed and ease of use is often mentioned.

Kind regards,

Reza

•••
@Reza any update on this??
Please advise as i am holding all domains in DAN.

Hi Riz, If we had any issues on our payment processing front we’d fix it.

We process thousands of transactions a month smoothly, due to the volume you’ll always have some buyers that for some reason don’t complete the checkout.

Our payment collection team see various reason on a daily basis that other platforms also have.

So this is not a standalone occurrence at Dan but at all platforms in the world that accept online payments you’ll see a refusal rate and a checkout drop off rate. On both items we score below the industry average which means that there are no issues.

Last month we broke another record month in terms of sales + 12% more transactions were processed compared to the month before.

The marketplace is thriving and finds itself in its best form!

Kind regards,

Reza

•••
Sold Neocons((com)) for $1500 through DAN

Acquired for $188 6 months ago on Godaddy Expired
Congratulations,
I hold neovian.com, I think this sale gives me hope ....​

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back