IT.COM

various Discuss and Report Any Details of Domain Name Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Scotty205

Established Member
Impact
Got my second domain sale today! New Orleans + 2 keywords .com for $300.00 to end user. I emailed 28 companies and got a call and closed the deal.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How much do you pay one .com domain at GoDaddy? Dsicount club, discount codes, what do you use?

•••
I own thousands of co.uk and .uk we have sold far more co.uk then .uk no one wants .uk co.uk will be stronger still and .uk will take a long time to take over which i doubt it ever will the extension should of never been allowed to launch as the way i see it they have messed it up with mix up between two owners one on a co.uk and one on a .uk :xf.rolleyes:

I own a few of both and can see for and against for both cases but if a person was building a brand they'd probably want to own both

The prices of both will soar in value when the major players in the personalised number plates game start advertising domain names in the daily papers and people see the prices stated etc

Only time will tell how popular. uk becomes

What sort of price do you sell a two word. Co.uk for etc

•••
Such bad luck this month. Gods must be crazy.
First transaction, the buyer didn't pay. Second transaction, sold a BIN domain that I didn't renew.
sedo-badluck.png

•••
Pls, how did u do it, could not find endusers for them.. pls help shed light
Pl
Foreigncurrencyforsale.com
Bought- $6.99
Sold- $500
Sale venue-undeveloped
Hold time - <24hours

Foreigncurrencybuyer.com
Bought- $6.99
Sold -$1000
Sale venue-undeveloped
Hold time <24hours

Both outbound

•••
@rohitgoyal - What is your staff's office timing? Do they work in the night shift in India?

Last edited:
•••
PodSafety

COM

Undeveloped
$1499

Hand reg

Buyer opened at $500, then said their max was $1,000... I countered at $1499 and they took it
Nice domain. Might have undersold. IMO.

Podsafe is a term created in the podcasting community to refer to any work which, through its licensing, specifically allows the use of the work in podcasting

•••
•••
Hello. How much does Squadhelp collect as commission?

• 30% for Domains priced between $2,500 and $5,000
  • 25% for Domains priced between $5,000 and $50,000
  • 20% for Domains priced between $50,000 and $75,000
  • 15% for Domains priced above $75,000
for domains below $2500, sh commission typically 35 - 37.5 %

Last edited:
•••
Nice domain. Might have undersold. IMO.

Podsafe is a term created in the podcasting community to refer to any work which, through its licensing, specifically allows the use of the work in podcasting
Buyer was not podsafe but another company from Australia. I did my research, thanks.

•••
  • 30% for Domains priced between $2,500 and $5,000
  • 25% for Domains priced between $5,000 and $50,000
  • 20% for Domains priced between $50,000 and $75,000
  • 15% for Domains priced above $75,000
for domains below $2500, sh commission typically 35 - 37.5 %
some of my domain, commission rate is 32.5% (looks like applied to the strong keywords names)

•••
Konbanwa Minna-san ^_^

It's been crazi two months, soz was not able 2 update my recent sails! !_!

so i had some downtime today, and thought i'd report in for duty *salute*

Otay! Here we go!

Sports // Jax in king
Sold for $150 via Undev within 24 - 72 hours after outbound.
bought for $1 cheat code
(My BIN was around 250 to 350, they made offer of 150.. accepted)
(Jan 12)

Cleveland// Hosting in king
Sold for $250 via Undev, outbound.
bought for $1 cheat code
some story here! I outbounded for BIN of $350, I think. Buyer emailed with a simple: "250 and I buy now" So I accepted since it was like the night of outbound. But then, even though he accepted the offer via import lead, he said he couldn't pay until he got home to his hotel room. So I said okay... and then 2 days later he still didn't pay, so I said, balhblah I gave u time so plz pay, and he paid. ^_^
(Jan 18)

Oakville // tax // accountant in king
Sold for $275 via Undev within 24 - 72 hours after outbound.
bought for $1 cheat code
BIN'd.
Oakville is a city in Canada, and it seems as though over there, "Tax accountant" is a keyword.. whereas in the U.S., it's not ^_^
(I found this GEO using Rohit's method)
(Jan 28)

Axe / / SEO in king
Sold for $345 via Undev within 24 hours after reggae.
bought for $1 cheat code
Inbound offer of $300 (I think my BIN was 645), and I wanted to accept right away, but I decided to counter for 545 or something. He said "they" couldn't pay more thank $300, so I recountered for $450. They still said they couldn't pay above 300. So, at this point, this dude is constantly messaging back, which never really happens to me ^_^. So Ik he's interested af, and so I decide I'll just not accept his offer yet because it was like 9 a.m. and I had until 4 p.m. before he'd leave his work computer and change his mind :P. So I wanted to ask ppl for advice, and so I messaged creata and other ppl, who were like "DUDE JUST TAKE THE MONEY!"
And so I was about to counter with his 300 when... HE SUDDENLY messaged back and said "he just got approval for a 15% increase in price" so he counters with 345... and I accept :D.
(also found this via Rohit's method, but it sold via JudgeMind's method)
(Feb 1)

Palmer // Spri // ngs in king
Sold for $325 via Undev within 72 hours after reggae.
bought for $1 cheat code
Inbound random BIN by someone with the last name Palmer ^_^.
It's also the exact name of a location in Florida... so I felt remorse at the low BIN that I put :'(.
(also found this via Rohit's method, but it sold via JudgeMind's method)
(Feb 9)

Austin // Kitchen // Remod // elers in king
Sold for $250 via Undev within a week after outbound.
bought for $1 cheat code
(My BIN was around 350, before I could finish outbound, buyer emailed asking to lower price to 250. So I sent them an imported lead with that price and the next day they accepted offer. But then they did not pay, and after a reminder email from me, they still did not reply or pay... so i thought it was just another dead deal.. But Laszlo from Undev was so awesome that he was able to get the buyer to go thru! and they paid a week later! :D )
I felt remorse with this deal, mostly out of guilt.. because i didn't realize austinkitchen///remodeleR in king was not taken. I left it unreggae'd so that maybe the buyer would see it and realize .. But he didn't.
I feel like people who are in the blue collar industries don't know how to reggae, so I felt bad i was sort of taking advantage of someone who works hard but isn't educated.. but oh well, a deal is a deal.. it was already too late to stop it :D
(found via Rohit's method)
(Feb 12)

Peoria // flowe // rs in king
Sold for $170 via Undev within a 2 - 3 weeks after outbound.
bought for $1 cheat code
(My BIN was probably 275. I outbounded this, but no bites.. so just thought it was just another geo that didn't sail. But, then an offer came in for 170, and I accepted obv!)
(found also via Rohit's method)
(Feb 12)

Well, that's all I can report for now! ^_^. I have a few other deals in the aetherspace, like my 545 afternic BIN, that I can't talk about because of the really dumb ICANN 60-day lock.

I'm so glad JudgeMind is so helpful! I've incorporated his method into the hybrid eckkyy-rohit-infosec methodz :D.

Hope you guys are doing well too ^_^. Now I realize y ppl say dat domaining full-time can be so stressful and time-consuming. When I started getting more serious these past 2 months, I've found that I'm spending over 6 hours a day combing thru lists, not wathcing anime, and now I don't even hab time to outbound?

It's too bad the cheat code is obviously starting to reach its final stages... we're limited to 2 instead of 5. . . But wow, we sure got our dollars' worth! ^_^

What is Rohit's Method?

•••
•••

Lol, seriously ur right. Ppl need to research instead of ask. It's not like I asked rohit what his method was. I just used NP search function ^_^.

It's ok to ask, if you show that you did the research, tho. Cuz, I do t at too!

•••
Lol, seriously ur right. Ppl need to research instead of ask. It's not like I asked rohit what his method was. I just used NP search function ^_^.

It's ok to ask, if you show that you did the research, tho. Cuz, I do t at too!

I immediately searched for it after I commented. I had a confusion and I read this thread before but forgot the name.

•••
Most of my 2019 sales so far...

Tales // co
$400 - Undeveloped
Picked up here for ~$100 for a personal project, didn't end up using it, cleared it out

Ephemeral // co
$1080 - Undeveloped
Picked up here for low $xx, renewed once

WhiteboardAnimations // com
$650 - Undeveloped
Picked up for low $xxx on the drop, felt like I overspent, took the first offer

Doggish // com
$1600 - Undeveloped
Lower offer came in via email, went back and forth and settled on 1600. I had had some interest last year through GD but never materialized. I picked this up at auctions for $3xx and part of me wishes I didn't let it go so low, but cash is cash and most other extensions are available so I took that into consideration.

Coffeeholics // com
~$1800 in hand - Brandpa
Another low $xxx auction pickup less than a year ago, decent ROI.

Online-courses // com
$900 - Undeveloped
Just went through this morning. Not loving the ROI on this one, picked it up for just under 600 at Drop but the dash gave me pause so I set an approachable BIN recently. The timing on this one is perfect, though, as I just picked up a name I really like but was on the fence about for $1k

My lesson from 2018 was that I very much overspent on auctions, mostly at GD - and I've had way better luck with names I picked up for low $xx or hand-regged, than $xxx pickups which were the bulk of my in-waste-ment. I think in Jan. 18 I had picked up over 100 names at auctions, and this year I've only got 5, so I suppose things are moving in the right direction...
Love the quality of your names.
What do you look out for when buying domains?

•••
Love the quality of your names.
What do you look out for when buying domains?

First I think if I could build a business or project on it. There are particular industries/areas I also look for that I know best, but most of the time if I see a name and I can think right away of a business that would work on that name, I'll take it. That's mostly with .com and brandables.

.Co and others I just look for good deals on keywords that are taken and developed in .com or 30+ extensions.

•••
Sold TinySites dotCOM for $2,000
Acquired for $155 at flippa 3 years ago
Buyer’s new project is online now.
I'm just impressed you own domainname.com lol

•••
•••
Thanks, it’s my favorite collection in my domainfolio :)
I'll pretend I'm you for a minute, then snap out of it...lol

btw what platform did you sell tiny sites on?

•••
I'll pretend I'm you for a minute, then snap out of it...lol

btw what platform did you sell tiny sites on?

Lol thanks

It was an inbound offer.

•••
RealStraw //// .com

$549 BIN Afternic

Hand regged, on drop, in Dec 2016

I gave up on this name and let it expire. I had not removed it from Afternic yet, fortunately. The BIN notice came into my email and I scrambled. The name had been registered at Epik.com It was long enough that it no longer even showed up in my list of recoverable names. A quick check of Whois showed it was still in Epik's control and had not yet begun the drop process. I emailed Rob Monster,owner of Epik and asked if there was anything that could be done. Short story is Rob was able to recover the name for me at the traditional $90 recovery fee,in very short order. It cost me more but even with this extra $90, Afternic fees, and registration/renewals I was still able to clear $300.

This guys is one of the reasons Epik.com is my register of choice! Could you imagine if it had been at Go Daddy?

Rob Monster thrives in creating personal relationship with his customers. I wonder how he's able to keep up? Truly a monster (y)(y)

•••
@Federer nice sales again. Do you own a magical crystal ball by any chance?

•••
Rob Monster thrives in creating personal relationship with his customers. I wonder how he's able to keep up? Truly a monster (y)(y)

He's got to be a workaholic. However he does it, I am a raving fan.

•••
IRL COM $80K
Bought 21,5K DNF back in 2013

As good a sale as this one is that's is still domain name investor money as I think it will sell for a bit more

•••
Congrats! Do you do landers at sedo for these or someone and searched and found on sedo?

I wouldn't be sure if the buyer of bike express wasn't sports direct as they have just joust a bike business but they like easy to remember impossible to forget self explanatory keyword domains as this one is and they are based in the uk

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back