Dynadot

question Digiwaste - New term, new niche or a passing phase?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Somertonian

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,
Earlier this week I heard the term 'Digiwaste' on a programme on BBC 1 in the UK called The One Show. It was a piece about a new term covering a broad topic of electrical/data/resources waste. They were referring to streaming, downloading, storing of data on servers and other unnecessary consuming of data through IT and TV platforms.
When I looked into the term I found very little to help explain. I found a company in Germany that has a portable digital nuclear waste management platform. A band from 2015 with a song road to redemption, and a facebook community site extolling the use of waste materials for making art.
Has anyone else heard about Digiwaste and do you think it has the legs to make it a niche topic.
I have regged a couple of terms but am interested in what the Namepros community thinks.

Kind regards,
Somertonian

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ewaste probably takes precedent. but nice try. Trends do somethings stick. Good luck!

•••
Ewaste probably takes precedent. but nice try. Trends do somethings stick. Good luck!
Thanks for the quick reply. Ewaste looks to be focussing on electronic hardware that needs recycling rather than the wastage of electrical energy or data through inappropriate streaming, downloading or storing.

Regards,
Somertonian

•••
Thanks for the quick reply. Ewaste looks to be focussing on electronic hardware that needs recycling rather than the wastage of electrical energy or data through inappropriate streaming, downloading or storing.

Regards,
Somertonian

ahhhh. I see. Something new to learn about. Thanks! best of luck.

•••
It was a piece about another term covering a wide subject of electrical/information/assets squander. They were alluding to spilling, downloading, putting away of information on servers and other superfluous devouring of information through IT and TV stages.

•••
Harryklinten, thanks for adding to the thread.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back