Digital Candy has acquired DNF from Epik

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
UK-based company, Digital Candy, has acquired the domain, forum, and other assets of D+N+Forum .com from Epik.

The company is part of the Falbros Group, led by Ryan De Corsie Ewen and the Ewen family. The group has created and collected β€œover 1000 digital assets and is at the pioneering end of technology,” according to their web site.

Read more @ domaingang.com

t1625543146665910272

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great to see how this asset is resold every few years.

Will it finally become a big success? So much heritage.

Last edited:
•••
I doubt it went for much. It is referred to "the dead forum" for a reason.

Still, all the sale proceeds should go towards debt that Epik owes to customers.

The sale price is probably a drop in the bucket compared to the reported millions they owe.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Great to see how this asset is resold every few years.

Will it finally become a big success? So much heritage.
This part:
"The group has created and collected β€œover 1000 digital assets and is at the pioneering end of technology,” according to their web site."

I've seen these groups before like iNET Interactive which bought the forum I used to frequent back in the day. Go around buying these types of properties. If they don't make money pretty quickly, they usually just shut them down or sell them again.

Don't know if they have somebody working for them that is into domains or usually they pick a mod to run the place. If you're a mod there, you probably can get yourself an admin job, make a little money. They usually want a familiar face that knows the forum, easier transition. I think it'll be hard to revive that place, been passed around too much. We'll see.

Last edited:
•••
I doubt it went for much. It is referred to "the dead forum" for a reason.
The acquisition is not even discussed on that forum.

•••
This part:
"The group has created and collected β€œover 1000 digital assets and is at the pioneering end of technology,” according to their web site."
1,000 digital assets sounds impressive. Can be anything. From 1,000 Dogecoins to 1,000 Domain Names, to 1,000 Forums.

Congrats to buyer and seller. Now properly pay the victims.

•••
They should buy Digitalworld.com

•••
•••
The domain has a fantastic backlink profile with a Domain Rating of 68 at AHRefs so it certainly has value and potential to be something other than a dead forum that keeps changing hands. But time will tell.

Last edited:
•••
•••
UK-based company, Digital Candy, has acquired the domain, forum, and other assets of D+N+Forum .com from Epik.
Should be fascinating to see what our British counterparts can do with the forum. Thanks for the update.

•••
The acquisition is not even discussed on that forum.
Regular user just made one.

I think domaining is a big enough of a business to have more than 1 active, mainstream domain forum. Competition is good.

I bet they change the color scheme first. That yellow/brown just isn't working.

Last edited:
•••
The domain has a fantastic backlink profile with a Domain Rating of 68 at AHRefs so it certainly has value and potential to be something other than a dead forum that keeps changing hands. But time will tell.
It's now a "family owned" company. Or asset. Sounds good.

•••
Regular user just made one.

I think domaining is a big enough of a business to have more than 1 active, mainstream domain forum. Competition is good.

I bet they change the color scheme first. That yellow/brown just isn't working.
And probably Canadians will be welcomed there, too! :xf.wink:

•••
And probably Canadians will be welcomed there, too! :xf.wink:
Of course there is a dedicated Canadian forum already that many post at already. Thought it should be mainstream instead of focusing on .ca.

•••

The company is part of the Falbros Group, led by Ryan De Corsie Ewen and the Ewen family. The group has created and collected β€œover 1000 digital assets and is at the pioneering end of technology,” according to their web site.

Read more @ domaingang.com

Anyone have ballpark idea of sale price? I'm thinking <$20K.

•••
•••
Anyone have ballpark idea of sale price? I'm thinking <$20K.
I am sure it sold for more than that.

I know nothing about running forums and would take a chance at a higher price than that.

Even though it has limited activity there is value in the backlinks, database, etc.

Though, at the same time remember Brian Royce is a domain noob...so who knows.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Any idea of sale price? Can't be much. Less than $20K?

I know nothing about running forums and would take a chance at a higher price than that.

Even though it has limited activity there is value in the backlinks, database, etc.

Brad

•••
Any idea of sale price? Can't be much. Less than $20K?
No idea. Not sure what was sold.

The domain? The LLC? With or without forum software, infra, team?

With or without user base?

A fresh new start makes sense. Start by removing all Epik stuff.

We'll have to wait and see.

•••

Brad
Dated links and emails depreciate pretty quickly but in any case I'm sure Epik staff will spend on themselves and not victims.

•••
1,000 digital assets sounds impressive. Can be anything. From 1,000 Dogecoins to 1,000 Domain Names, to 1,000 Forums.

Congrats to buyer and seller. Now properly pay the victims.
I like your thinking. That could be a very disingenuous way to frame it.

If (1) Bitcoin = 100 million satoshis, a lot of people have millions of digital assets.

Brad

•••

Good question. What did they actually buy?

Brad

•••

Poor Rob Monster is gonna lose what's left of his mind if threads start up there critical of him.

•••
Good question. What did they actually buy?
Whatever they bought, cutting all ties with Epik's infrastructure and team seems like an appropriate proposition.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back