IT.COM

Different ways to market to end users

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TampaDomains

Established Member
Impact
While I am having moderate success with emailing end users, mostly city+business or business+city generic domain names. I just got my 2nd complaint today in like 500-600 emails using getreponse.

I fear that another complaint or 2 and they may ban me, not sure. If this happens I could try mailchimp or send them 1 by 1 on my own email, etc. but what are some other ways to market to them?

Anyone try direct mail postcards? best I can see with mailing and only doing like 50 or so for each domain name it is around $0.67 each, so like $33 per domain to hit 50 targeted businesses, no spam folder, no pass over by not opening. Should get 50 eyeballs or close to it. Sounds like it might work.

Cold calling is not my thing and hiring a commission only cold caller is not too easy.

I tried a newspaper ad with 550k circulation with 6 domain names specific to that city and got ZERO reponse on a 5 day run.

Any other ideas that might work?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1st of all what I am doing is not spam. It is not illegal. If i emailed out 100k to 1 million emails a day to random email address lists I got. That is spam. I am sending to targeted businesses only.

Dude you are too focus on the numbers and randomness. They don't go purely on numbers or targeting.

•••
Had one sell on godaddy auction Buy it Now today!
It was open for offers but guy just hit the buy it now button. Sweet. $350 minus $70 to godaddy.

•••
Had one sell on godaddy auction Buy it Now today!
It was open for offers but guy just hit the buy it now button. Sweet. $350 minus $70 to godaddy.
Happy spamming.

•••
The problem is that there are 2 definitions for what "spam" is:
1. The legal definition found in the CAN-SPAM act, and
2. The colloquial definition.
The second is generally "I got a message I didn't ask for from someone I don't know."
This definition is supported by Gmail (& others?) in that I can click "report spam" for any message I don't like.
While the user's opinion always matters, it doesn't mean that every unsolicited message is spam.

Companies expect to get letters, calls, emails, and visits for sales purposes.
Business gets done with the help of other businesses.
If you can run your business without the products, services, and assistance of other businesses, please tell us how you do it.

•••
I use getresponse and all my emails have the unsubscribe option at bottom of course.

I got a nice email back today:
Not really interested so take me off the mailing list.
thank you

as opposed to someone not clicking unsub and clicking spam when its the 1st email I ever sent to them and is totally related to their business. lol

•••
2 out of 600 is probably high for getresponse point of view but while these 2 a holes that hit the spam button, there are some that immediately call me or email me with interest.

The reason I say aholes is this is 1 email about something they could totally use and should want. If not interested just move on. But I guess some of these owners get pounded from every direction with spam and bs sales stuff that most anyone would not want so they are just sick of it.

I would rather not list them but its cold emails to the related business in those cities.

You might think you are sending just one, from their perspective you are just one of 200 a day and they hate all of the senders.

If you don't want it to be/look spam, write personal emails to each with your email and phone contact listed and explaining why the name would work for them.

I get hundreds of idiotic names where someone thinks it is just one email and if I own something like dviz.com they wonder if I would like to purchase wedviz.net from them. Your behavior does fit the pattern for typical spammer.

•••
I do list my full name, phone number, email, website and unsub button.

•••
Since I started buying more domains and the ones I don't buy on namecheap where privacy is free, I don't pay for the privacy and I am getting pounded with web develop emails and even an indian call center. lol

If there is an unsub button then I use it. If not the its 100% spam and illegal so I hit the spam button.

•••
What do the emails look like that you send the end users?

Just wondering as I have some great geo+business.com domain names and I can't seem to get any responses.

•••
1st check your ip address or your domain name for blacklists at http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx
If you are listed on several there, that could be stopping them from getting thru.

Even if all is good you may only get 0 or 1 response for every campaign you send out 40 or so emails on.

•••
Honestly, if these spam laws were never there, it doesn't matter anyway cause way too many spammers are using them for cover. I've had to unsubscribe multiple times on many subscriptions only finding out the next day, next week, next month Im still getting emails.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back