IT.COM

discuss Did u get mid x,xxx or more for hand reg (Age less thn 1 year in last 1 year)? Do you have any Other?

NameSilo
Watch

AuctionBio

Top Member
Impact
Any one who got more than mid x,xxx USD for their Hand Reg: domain(s) in last one year. and Age also not more than a Year.
Please mention hand reg domains.
And do you have any other hand reg domain that you expect the same. you can Share your domain that you are expecting at least mid x,xxx USD.

For me, I am still looking for this luck.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
i had viewed it prior to buying a few domains

how does it work? and is it any good?
it is a good place to list hand regged domains for $1000+

•••
•••
Sold one for mid 4 figures last year, was a hand reg think only 5 months earlier.

•••
Just out of interest, how did you make the sale. Did you do outbound marketing or did someone approach you?

Hi @Domain Detective :)

I was putting out posts on twitter and facebook and then it just sat for a few moths and someone contacted me via facebook. We exchanged emails and I started the transaction on Escrow once we had agreed on a price. He was going on holiday at the time so it delayed it a little but got it completed once he got back. Pretty smooth transaction other than that. Definitely applaud Escrow.com for making it easy to complete.

•••
•••
Hi @Domain Detective :)

I was putting out posts on twitter and facebook and then it just sat for a few moths and someone contacted me via facebook. We exchanged emails and I started the transaction on Escrow once we had agreed on a price. He was going on holiday at the time so it delayed it a little but got it completed once he got back. Pretty smooth transaction other than that. Definitely applaud Escrow.com for making it easy to complete.
Did you mean you posted domain names on Facebook and Twitter?
I might want this idea then.

•••

Thanks for sharing.

•••
Hi @ZapNano
Yes. I had a different website of my own at the time and listed all my domains there then made a fb page and twitter and just shared what domains were for sale. Just a couple of posts 3 or 4 times a day along with other normal industry posts so your not spamming your followers and sharing relevant news.

That works for me but everyone has their own ways.

I have now deleted that site and restructuring things a bit so I have put all the domains I'm selling on my personal site.

Will just blog and share from that. Keeps things simple.

•••
Last year I hand reg'd Ogavo.com and sold it on BrandBucket four months later. After fees I cleared just over $1K. Not bad for a $8.29 investment. :D Now if I could only do that with every domain I list on BrandBucket!

•••
Last year I hand reg'd Ogavo.com and sold it on BrandBucket four months later. After fees I cleared just over $1K. Not bad for a $8.29 investment. :D Now if I could only do that with every domain I list on BrandBucket!

well done

of the 27 x 5 letter effortlessly pronounced .com's i found within half an hour earlier there were some that none of the .net .org etc were bought and they are still at the registrar

•••
Not mid 4 figs, but I handregged a dot net in January of 2015 for a future project... was recently contacted by a startup with the dot com that wanted it - sold for $1k. :)

•••
Not mid 4 figs, but I handregged a dot net in January of 2015 for a future project... was recently contacted by a startup with the dot com that wanted it - sold for $1k. :)

that's the problem with good domain names etc

the ones i want to keep i originally bought because had the idea / concept etc and bought the domain specifically for that concept / idea etc but dont do anything with it and it just sits there and have usually bought another domain based on another idea etc but in a way thats not a bad thing if the right person makes a decent offer so that they can take the concept further etc

•••
that's the problem with good domain names etc

the ones i want to keep i originally bought because had the idea / concept etc and bought the domain specifically for that concept / idea etc but dont do anything with it and it just sits there and have usually bought another domain based on another idea etc but in a way thats not a bad thing if the right person makes a decent offer so that they can take the concept further etc
Agreed, although I did know this one had value - just very niche to a project similar to mine - or to a startup using the name (it was a dictionary word although more of a niche keyword).

•••
hand regged supplychain----something--.com last July. Sold in April for $5k. I have two other similar sales this year. I'm definitely very profitable on my hand regs. Just hard to find very many good ones to register. I might pick up between 0 and 5 per day.

•••
I hand regged a dictionary domain about 2 months ago. A really good one too. A month later i got an email asking for my sale price. I said $10k and never heard back.

I only do hand regs because there is alot of potential out there. Once the hand-reg leaves my portfolio it won't be considered a hand reg anymore. (Which is stupid too me)

Don't be so stuck on aged domains because alot of them have no site for a reason. Better get some fresh ones. Nobody want old stuff but collectors.

Last edited:
•••
Zillow is definetly a hand-reg name and they are the #1 real-estate website in the world. They get twice as much traffic as realtor dot com.

Similar situation with booking dot com getting more traffic than hotels dot com

When I see companies like realtor and hotels dot com I just think about a bunch of non-creative wealthy people

Last edited:
•••
•••
If you are targeting Flippa to sell hand register, forget about it. Your domain won't even before beyond mid $xx. If you're able to reach end-user via email or lead generation, yes it is possible.

P.S. I sold a 2 month old .io domain quarter $x,xxx here at NP a couple of weeks ago :) But failed terribly at Flippa.

•••
Hi. I have a story that you may find interesting. I still can't believe it and I am holding my breath hoping that's it's a real thing. Maybe someone can shed some light on it. I registered x-boxonegames (dot) com a few weeks ago, for less than $10, and was going to build a website on it. I was contacted by a fellow who is (or claims to be) a domain broker. He informed me that had a interested buyer who wanted my domain, and for a cut, he would help me sell my domain to his buyer. He told me that in order to sell it to the buyer, the buyer wanted it appraised and listed at domain-analysis (dot) com. It was not cheap to do so, but I did it. Here what they appraised it for:

$19,500 USD....

A short while after I got it listed and emailed the domain broker the listing link I got an email from the listing site saying they had a bid for the full asking price on my domain..... Naturally I accepted. They have sent payment information to the buyer, but I am still waiting for confirmation on the sale. The broker who I was dealing with emailed me and told me the buyer is sending a check out today (May 27th). Once the auction site receives he check from the buyer, they inform me and we start the transfer process through them. They go through Escrow.

Now, I still can't believe this. Has anyone else had any dealings with domain-analysis(dot) com?

Did I just get bamboozled?

I've got several more sites the guy was interested in, but I could only afford to have the one appraised. The others he said would preobably go for 5, 10,000 each....!!!!!!

•••
•••
Hi. I have a story that you may find interesting. I still can't believe it and I am holding my breath hoping that's it's a real thing. Maybe someone can shed some light on it. I registered x-boxonegames (dot) com a few weeks ago, for less than $10, and was going to build a website on it. I was contacted by a fellow who is (or claims to be) a domain broker. He informed me that had a interested buyer who wanted my domain, and for a cut, he would help me sell my domain to his buyer. He told me that in order to sell it to the buyer, the buyer wanted it appraised and listed at domain-analysis (dot) com. It was not cheap to do so, but I did it. Here what they appraised it for:

$19,500 USD....

A short while after I got it listed and emailed the domain broker the listing link I got an email from the listing site saying they had a bid for the full asking price on my domain..... Naturally I accepted. They have sent payment information to the buyer, but I am still waiting for confirmation on the sale. The broker who I was dealing with emailed me and told me the buyer is sending a check out today (May 27th). Once the auction site receives he check from the buyer, they inform me and we start the transfer process through them. They go through Escrow.

Now, I still can't believe this. Has anyone else had any dealings with domain-analysis(dot) com?

Did I just get bamboozled?

I've got several more sites the guy was interested in, but I could only afford to have the one appraised. The others he said would preobably go for 5, 10,000 each....!!!!!!

Classic appraisal scam.

Also, your domain is a major TM infringement and should be dropped asap.\

EDIT: I am curious how much they charged you?

Last edited:
•••
...darn.

Should have come here first. All in all i was charged about $400.

Well I feel like a goof.

•••
...darn.

Should have come here first. All in all i was charged about $400.

Well I feel like a goof.
Aww man, that stinks. Sorry to hear that. :(

Well, lesson learned and yes, if you are ever unsure - come here and we will help you out! :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back