Not open for further replies.

siddardha

Established Member
Impact
Closed
Thanks for the appraisals

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Should I have renewed the domain then? Is it worth it?

I tend to think you made the right decision. Those renewals are tough.

•••
The inquiry that came in thru the contact form - you quoted $199? Why so little on a domain you paid $114 for? Setting the price so close to the annual renewal fee is kind of a weak sales tactic imho.

It's important to be very disciplined buying in TLDs that have high renewals. When I am looking a buying a name like that it better be something I really like and don't mind renewing for a few years out or have no problem spending the renewal every year. If you're not sure then your investment was not sound to begin with. Good decision to cut it loose.

•••
The inquiry that came in thru the contact form - you quoted $199? Why so little on a domain you paid $114 for? Setting the price so close to the annual renewal fee is kind of a weak sales tactic imho.

It's important to be very disciplined buying in TLDs that have high renewals. When I am looking a buying a name like that it better be something I really like and don't mind renewing for a few years out or have no problem spending the renewal every year. If you're not sure then your investment was not sound to begin with. Good decision to cut it loose.

The domain was about to expire in 5 days and I did not want to let go of the sale by quoting higher price ( I have already decided not to renew)

Even when I priced it 199, i did not get any response

•••
Oh I see, interesting an inquiry did come in so quickly after you forwarded to your contact form. Was it a legit email address? Did you try following up before domain hit redemption?

•••
Oh I see, interesting an inquiry did come in so quickly after you forwarded to your contact form. Was it a legit email address? Did you try following up before domain hit redemption?

I think its a temporary email created at ok.de, as my research did not show any results

I tried to follow up about what they think about the offer, yet they did not reply

Probably a domainer

•••
That's a pretty nice name. But $75 is high and with each renewal fee, your total investment increases and potential profits decrease.

•••
•••
$2,895 doesn't look that good when your renewals are $75...

•••
You should try it for 1 more year.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back