Get your catchy domain at it.com

Did Godaddy change their nameserver 5/6 afternic landing page design?

Dynadot Dynadot
I was checking out one of my names here (It uses the afternic 5/6 nameservers)

I came across a ugly landing page below...

I'm really trying to give godaddy landers a chance but they always find a way to F things up.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 106
1 0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

kite26

Fearless BirdTop Contributor
Impact
It's crazy, I know, but like it.

It's crazy, I know, but like it.
The simplicity is fine, but i think the overall dark look may be a turn off for me. Maybe if the bottom of the page was white to add some balance. idk..

kite26

Fearless BirdTop Contributor
Impact
The simplicity is fine, but i think the overall dark look may be a turn off for me. Maybe if the bottom of the page was white to add some balance. idk..
Don't worry, it's good. Better than before.

Looks better tbh. Surprised not many are feeling the improved look.

forge

h8d dmnrTop Contributor
Impact
I came across a ugly landing page below...

Ugly is right. And everything crowded together, using the weakest of fonts?

The ask price might as well be invisible.

capybara

capybaraTop Contributor
Impact
Doesn't look bad. Half baked though, like everything GoDaddy... when you hit "buy it now" right angles appear behind these rounded corners.

Doesn't look bad. Half baked though, like everything GoDaddy... when you hit "buy it now" right angles appear behind these rounded corners.

It doesn’t look as bad on mobile, but not a decent look on desktop.

johnn

WeSellName.comTop Member
Impact
The look has nothing to do with the sale.
If a buyer wants to buy a name, they will buy the name. They are not walking away because the landing look.
I don't understand why people make things too complicate to buy/sell a name: EMD, Search Results, number of Extensions, Appraisal value, PPC, etc...????

The look has nothing to do with the sale.
If a buyer wants to buy a name, they will buy the name. They are not walking away because the landing look.
I don't understand why people make things too complicate to buy/sell a name: EMD, Search Results, number of Extensions, Appraisal value, PPC, etc...????
I can't speak on the other stuff, but presentation matters..especially when the buyer isn't settled on one specific name and have options. Trust plays a role. You may want a TV, but you may skip the guy selling a TV in the back alley and go to Best Buy instead or somewhere else you trust. Now if the buyer is set on getting a specific name then that's a different story. Or if the name is meet.com or something exceptional then maybe it doesn't matter as much then.(like how the booth brothers have a simple page for years) I mean people have made sales in prison because someone wanted a certain name. But the reality is many sales...the buyers have options. In this case Godaddy branding is there... but i had to check the url to be certain, because the page looks like a back alley(Atleast in desktop..

And I get the point-at the end of the day the quality of the name matters most.
I just don't think that excuse Godaddy for sloppy work. They need to represent themselves well..plain and simple.

Last edited:

Future Sensors

78% of human domainers will be replaced by robotsTop Contributor
Impact
Hi @Rory Ivey

Is the new (grayish) design still visible, today? When I'm visiting the domain in your screenshot, it's looking like the ns5/ns6 landers have shown during the last year (the clean white/green/black design).

Visiting from The Netherlands.

Last edited:
Looks like old style landers on name in screenshot here too

Hi @Rory Ivey

Is the new (grayish) design still visible, today? When I'm visiting the domain in your screenshot, it's looking like the ns5/ns6 landers have shown during the last year (the clean white/green/black design).

Visiting from The Netherlands.
They just switched it back today..maybe they heard the poor feedback...I like this clean one much better

silentg

DomainRetail.comTop Contributor
Impact
They released a new landing page:

Show attachment 219889
Here's a screenshot I posted in another thread.

They must be testing to see how it converts. Personally I am not a fan of this colour scheme. It's not their corporate colour.

Mytz.com

Domain [email protected] PITE.com GOZI.com JALI.com TOPU.comTop Member
Impact