Dynadot

analysis Demand for crypto domain names.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
The overall momentum in the crypto market has changed from bearish to bullish and we can expect to see higher highs in crypto prices in the near and distant future.

This switch in the market is great for domain investors, more new startups will emerge in the crypto space and blockchain technology will continue to evolve.

Keywords to focus on for investment.
.com .org .io

Bit
Btc
Bitcoin
Crypto
Coin
Chain
Block
Blockchain
Faucet
Token
AirDrop

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
find where? to reg? that's looooooooooong gone.
Yes to reg.It seems that I can only watch you enjoy it outside the cake shop, so sadness.:(

•••
Yes to reg.It seems that I can only watch you enjoy it outside the cake shop, so sadness.:(

its how it goes for most niches.. crypto.. vr...... hemp..... by the time threads like this are posted on np, its alresdy too late to reg.

•••
Yes, every event has its source, and NP must not be the source.But for the place I am in, the transmission of information is very limited. If you want to get valuable information, you need to study elsewhere, including NP.
its how it goes for most niches.. crypto.. vr...... hemp..... by the time threads like this are posted on np, its alresdy too late to reg.

•••
i picked up some IEO domains - ieo.reviews // ieoreview.com // ieoreviews.com // ieoalerts.com
Sold two so far, decent demand starting for ieo domains

•••
I agree with @biggie - too many registered, unused crypto domain names out there in the market. Yeah, I've got some too (don't we all?), including one with 2 of @JudgeMind 's keywords (cryptobtcn.com) and BitcoinMinder.com ... but I'll hold and wait ...
As with any niche, the interest will be in premium one and two word domains. Those who hand reg a bunch of mediocre names hoping for sales will most likely lose their investment unless they plan to hold for over one year and are willing to sell for <$1,000.

•••
Sold more than 10 until last autumn. Then the demand dropped exactly when the price dropped once again sharply from 6xxx to 3xxx.

The mediocre ones won't sell for more than 295 to 895. But I am confident for the financial (market, purchase, etc) and the technical (api, integrate, etc) two word domains in combination with crypto, coin, chain, etc. Names like CryptoBurger or CryptoClothes you can put into your bin. There simply must be a use case.

Still have more than 300 crypto domains but will probably kick out 50 or 100 next winter.

Last edited:
•••
Sold two so far, decent demand starting for ieo domains
ieo com is $97,000 in case you’re looking. I wouldn’t bet my money on ieo becoming a thing that catches on though.

•••
ieo com is $97,000 in case you’re looking. I wouldn’t bet my money on ieo becoming a thing that catches on though.
I agree it will be a fad, but a good opp to capitalize on it in its early stages.

•••
the problem isn't that mediocre names will sell for less. the problem is they won't sell at all.
we'd all be millionaires if all our mediocre names were selling for $500. but we aren't. cause they're not selling at all. and they just cost renewal.

but.. thats the art of domaining for all of us.. which takes years of experience.. to predict what will or won't sell. you don't learn that in a day from 5 posts. cheers.

•••
I agree it will be a fad, but a good opp to capitalize on it in its early stages.

can u share your ieo sales and price/ranges. ty

•••
the problem isn't that mediocre names will sell for less. the problem is they won't sell at all.
we'd all be millionaires if all our mediocre names were selling for $500. but we aren't. cause they're not selling at all. and they just cost renewal.

but.. thats the art of domaining for all of us.. which takes years of experience.. to predict what will or won't sell. you don't learn that in a day from 5 posts. cheers.
Be selective on your acquisitions and steer clear of those names that don’t have many possible uses. No sense at all in hand regging a ton of names in a niche hoping to sell one or two. Be smart and selective with your investments and know there are buyers not there might be buyers. Same goes for any niche.

•••
can u share your ieo sales and price/ranges. ty
No but both were ieo + keyword, one finance related the other review related. ty

•••

Well, I can tell you that I sold many mediocre names for 500 on average. Almost one per month. I am not talking about garbage. A mediocre name for me is a two word domain with lower demand.

Last edited:
•••
Well, I can tell you that I sold many mediocre names for 500 on average. Almost one per month.
Difference between “mediocre” and “pigeon poop”.. mediocre will sell <$1000 and sometimes $1500, pigeon poop won’t sell and will expire

•••

as with many fads and trends, good opportunities do exist, when you get in early.

that I can certainly agree with. :)

the thing is...
the early birds skim the cream from the top,
and most of the middle, gets resold around to domainers
the latecomers reg the sludge from the bottom,
while having the same hopes as those of the cream skimmers.

and that's being illustrated now in this thread, as members post their crypto domains

"time won't tell, when a fad has faded, until it's too late"

:)

imo...

•••
as with many fads and trends, good opportunities do exist, when you get in early.

that I can certainly agree with. :)

the thing is...
the early birds skim the cream from the top,
and most of the middle, gets resold around to domainers
the latecomers reg the sludge from the bottom,
while having the same hopes as those of the cream skimmers.

and that's being illustrated now in this thread, as members post their crypto domains

"time won't tell, when a fad has faded, until it's too late"

:)

imo...
I agree. Also, I’m not in anyway suggesting for folks to go out and handreg a bunch of names with the keywords I posted above. There are good opportunities out there to buy good names still. Expired auctions, direct from owners.. etc.

•••
Just r-e--g these 3 today

My/Sports/Wallet ( favorite of the 3)
My/Token/Bookie
Crypto/Sports/Wallet

dotComs

Strong enough for 3 words??

•••
My $2 bet,

IEO////Xchange
IEO////Whale

.com

•••
Mister//Crypto //dot//com

•••
•••
I like my Cryptochine.com reg but I think it's hard to register a good name.
XLNTCrypto
XLNTBlock
XLNTBlockchain

I have already programmed an implementation of the blockchain data structure and proof-of-work but it's simple at this stage.

•••
THE GOLDEN CROSS IS CONFIRMED! SIT BACK AND TAKE THE PROFITS! BITCOINS BULLISH.
upload_2019-4-23_5-35-18.png

•••
•••
•••
Hi,

I received Mid $XXXXX offer last month for one of name in my signature via one of very reputed broker representing enduser. Negotiation is going on. Lets see what happens. I will be fine either way.

Couple Low $XXXXX offers on couple other names in my signature. Inquiries increased in last couple months.

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back