Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HotKey

Made in CanadaTop Member
Impact
Domain names that are related to delivery may be showcased or discussed.

The delivery industry is thriving more than ever, so much so even the well-established are finding a challenge to keep up with demand. Safety protocols have driven online purchasing to record highs, and everyone needs their stuff delivered, because they aren't going out to get it.

In the future even if/when pandemics are not impacting, you can be sure extreme climate will have an effect on people going out. Thus delivery, again. All industries from food to personal essentials, medication to office supplies, books to clothes.. it's all coming home.

Delivery is a broad term and can also refer to digital content. This is already well known as CDNs or even just simpler things like e-cards or video messages. I think the opportunity lies more in the physical realm though, perhaps for smaller specialty delivery services.

I encourage to share what you already have, rather than going hog-wild new investments.

courier • one
takeout • express

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Contactless.Delivery & ContactlessDelivery.co.uk

•••
•••
.delivery domains:
  • Stockholm
  • Edinburgh
  • Lisbon
  • Budapest
  • Florence
  • Venice
  • Vienna
  • Bristol
  • Bucharest

•••
I realise that this thread is specifically about domain names, but here are couple of interesting articles pertaining to the delivery startup sector that may prove useful when evaluating the worth of both business ideas and domain names:

40+ Pick-Up & Delivery Business Ideas (2021)
https://www.starterstory.com/delivery-business-ideas

List of top Delivery Startups - Crunchbase Hub Profile

https://www.crunchbase.com/hub/delivery-startups

Delivery Startups - TechCrunch
https://techcrunch.com/tag/delivery-startups/

3 Things You Need to Know Before Starting a Delivery Service Business
https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/352320

Last edited:
•••
upload_2021-1-5_10-33-55.png
.com

•••
•••
My main point is don't go out and hand register 100 domains thinking any of them will sell as the industry is in a slump right now.

Every time there's a "trend" thread, you see beginner domainers purchase a ton of domains and a lot more in obscure gTLD's that don't even make sense.

Get 1 good one, if anything, like @biggie's above as quality is always greater than quantity, and while that seems reasonable to you and I, if you go over "trend" threads, you see people registering quantity of crap that probably dropped in 12 months as they can't afford to renew and wouldn't have been ever able to sell.
Agree totally, I fell into it when I first started and learnt my lesson......this advice has been given many a time and maybe going forward it should be stated at the start of each "trend" post - just as @HotKey did :xf.smile:

Then it is up to people to follow that advice or not.......

I personally don't see delivery domains as a trend, they have been needed/around for a long time and will continue to do so......people/companies just might need a few extra ones going forward....

•••
I just don't see the need of them right now with so many mom&pops closing in these tough times that can't even pay the rent, let alone $25 for a domain.

The good ones are definitely a good long-term hold.

But don't go out there and get a portfolio like:
fooddeliverytruckingbiz.top
wedeliversoyoudonthavetopickup.top

etc.
Well the poster has their account closed now, but to respond;

Yes, those types of names are terrible, in any extension. Too long to be memorable. Most of the domains that were reported sold in 2019 and 2020 are great examples of mediocre/low quality names that don't hold a candle to many of names listed in this thread. But like any niche, people will always look for cheaper unless they know better, take pride in their name over just using it as a tool. Some people really are just looking for something functional, rather than a wow factor.

"We deliver so you don't have to pick up" - actually, nice tagline!

Here is what I took from Namebio, all sales with keyword "delivery" for example purposes. This is my first research so to speak, I really am not a fan of comparisons or math, so pardon the layout:

• 2019: 40 sales totaling $90,108. 8 domains sold above 1k but below 10k. The extensions were 1 .at, 3 .org and rest .com
• 2020: 38 sales totaling $71,804. 7 domains sold above 1k but below 10k. The extensions were 1 .net and the rest were .com

This doesn't mean we can't price our domains well, but fair. None of this takes into account brandable type names that don't include "delivery". Examples like from DNJournal's list of top 100 domain sales from 2019, viable, deliverable-style names:

Goods.co 20k
Ground.org 11k
Carrier.Global 8k
Business.Services 8k

Education with the public on good domains is an ongoing challenge, there is no final chapter. And without sounding too "pumpy" about it, honestly a visit to this thread would be a real eye-opener for them.

re. long-term holds. I think we're there, especially with the delivery sector. Is it a now or never, I wonder, for an opening of the floodgates? As @NickB said, delivery has been around for a long time. A staple, not a trend.

It's a good point re. the mom's and pops closing. But it won't be like that forever. Likely be some sort of transition period where the old ways for bricks and mortar won't be as viable anymore for walk-in traffic, but people/companies will still want to craft their stuff and get it out there. Some will turn into a home-based business model rather than retail. Surprised haven't seen any domains on here using "curbside" yet.

At the same time, this can open the door for community-based delivery services. They are already here. And using really crappy domain names.

Don't get caught up in this trend. The vaccine is out and deliveries will be a very small market segment, especially with small businesses that would've delivered decimated due to the economy. The only delivery domains that will matter if we continue printing absurd amounts of money are Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com. etc. (you get the idea).
If we took that logic and ran with it, there would be no point to investing in any sector with big players.

•••
•••
k o u d b e z o r g d .nl & k o u d b e z o r g e n .nl
Means deliver(ing) cold / cold delivery in Dutch

Dream end-user: Heineken or other Dutch beer brand with a beer-at-your-doorstep service

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for starting the thread on a timely topic @HotKey

I have BoxAnywhere.com.

I also have a handful of names in the .express TLD such as:
  • enviro.express see as either zero-emission delivery, or environmental consulting
  • everywhere.express
  • genius.express possibly an education name, but also smart express network
  • planetary.express for those companies that deliver everywhere! Or in future, 'we deliver to Mars' :xf.grin:
Of course .delivery also works well in this sector. I have automated.delivery and a few others, mainly geographical combinations like Canadian, northern, etc.

Bob

•••
Don't get caught up in this trend. The vaccine is out and deliveries will be a very small market segment, especially with small businesses that would've delivered decimated due to the economy. The only delivery domains that will matter if we continue printing absurd amounts of money are Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com. etc. (you get the idea).
There are plenty of start up, small & mid sized companies that are working in a myriad of verticals........

Road transport/freight/ocean cargo/flight cargo/ fleet companies - Logistics in a nutshell......
food delivery
medical/pharma/healthcare delivery
data/software/tech delivery
couriers
Gas/oil delivery for the home
Professional service delivery
Ecommerce delivery

to name a few.........

Last edited:
•••
Freight Kart .com

Trak Hub .com

TranPlus .com - had a couple of enquiries on this

Track .vc - maybe? Not sure if it is suitable for this niche......track your delivery etc

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Transport.com.ph ( Philippines )

•••
•••
•••
•••
vPacket.com

MediDrop(.) Net

electric.express

Satoshi.Delivery
Satoshis.Delivery
XBT.Delivery
Outside the box thinking there, very good.

• planetary.express for those companies that deliver everywhere! Or in future, 'we deliver to Mars' :xf.grin:
lunar • express

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back