IT.COM

Dan's new landers look fantastic!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NameFu

Professional Design ServicesTop Member
Impact
The new landers at Dan started kicking in on my domains today and thing they're absolutely amazing! They're simply the best in the industry because they're the most simple with the most eye catching and straight to the point UIUX. These guys know whst they're doing. They know what works and what is modern. It's why Godaddy has started to rip off their approach and quite frankly I don't blame them haha.

Screenshot_20210715-163530_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210715-163845_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow! Pretty :D

Just checked, it is active in all my domains.

Wait! why are my other domains showing up at the bottom? I have turned off the settings for that. Let me check the backend in a while

Update - Yes I had to change settings back to what I had in the old UI, all set.

Last edited:
•••
Awesome the one before was bland just moved all my domains to sedo a week ago might have to move them back to dan now ^^'

•••
The price follows you down the screen... Agressive! I love it!

Screenshot_20210715-165531_Chrome.jpg

•••
•••
Awesome the one before was bland just moved all my domains to sedo a week ago might have to move them back to dan now ^^'
I was thinking Dan would also incorporate auction section like SEDO where a domain could be sent to auction when offer is made.

•••
Hi

they should remove the "online 1 month ago" line altogether from those landers,
as it may discourage a potential buyer into thinking that seller may not respond.

i shouldn't have to login, unless i need to update or respond.

imo....

•••
Wow! Pretty :D

Just checked, it is active in all my domains.

Wait! why are my other domains showing up at the bottom? I have turned off the settings for that. Let me check the backend in a while

Update - Yes I had to change settings back to what I had in the old UI, all set.

You are not the only one. I think it's a bug that they'll fix soon... Roll outs like this normally have a big or two. This is a huge one, so I bet a lot of people are reporting on it... So it will probably be fixed soon 😆

•••
Hi

they should remove the "online 1 month ago" line altogether from those landers,
as it may discourage a potential buyer into thinking that seller may not respond.

i shouldn't have to login, unless i need to update or respond.

imo....
On the other hand, knowing seller is highly responsive is a big plus.

•••

It's a misunderstanding to confuse responsivemess with how often a seller logs in. They're not necessarily related and that is why that feature should be at least optional.

•••

Hi

any inquiry should be sent via email or text,
so how recent one logged in, is irrelevant.

that, information, is between me and the platform, and any visitor should not have that information.

imo...

•••
BETOOOOOOOOOON meaning COOOOOOOOOOL
LIKE IT (y)

•••
The new Dan home page reminds me of the cash.app home page.
Replacing a clear "Log In" link/button with "Go to app" makes me think they are moving to a mobile app only thing.
Neither are appealing.

•••
Replacing a clear "Log In" link/button with "Go to app" makes me think they are moving to a mobile app only thing.
Neither are appealing.

I suspect that they're taking inspiration from the crypto industry with "go to app". It's a kind of Web3 approach to interface design that more services may use in the future.

•••
Neither are appealing.

They changed it back to "log in"

•••
Does DAN offer any customization on their landing pages?

•••

Doesn't look like they offer any customization to the theme. And generally I don't care for the look with the photograph in the background anymore. I think that is distracting and isn't a modern style anymore for sales landers. Maybe a smaller image would be nice but a big one as a back drop just isn't agressive in getting the visitor to focus on the price, leasing options and the establishment of Dan as a reputable service through which buying domains is safe. The photo backdrop distracts from what it's really all about. Initially I thought it was good because it provides a kind of theme or vision for the domain in how it could look on a website, but that can be the opposite if what a buyer may have in mind for the domain... And if the buyer already has a brand or their own vision you are missing the mark with a backdrop image... So it's best to ditch it all together. Leave the images to the imagination of the buyer, because they are the only ones who can envision the right image for what they have planned for the domain...those images will come to mind when they visit the lander, regardless of whether or not there's a background photo...

This is just my personal take on this anyway. Others may have a legit, practical reason for customization that I haven't run into before.

Last edited:
•••

I spoke too soon! The offer the background image as an option. I like that it's choice with color options. They've really done a good job.

Screenshot_20210716-045641_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
•••
I'm very curious about what this will look like. When I go there it says the page doesn't exist.

Screenshot_20210716-050114_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210716-050122_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
•••
If only it had the functionality to install a Facebook pixel, it would be the perfect solution! I’ve been thinking about moving my domains to Shopify just so I can retarget my traffic with ads

•••
Back