Dynadot

discuss Dana White Buys UFC.com For $50,000 - $75,000

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
The UFC.com discussion starts around 6:45. Dana White, head of the the UFC could of bought the domain name UFC.com for $15,000.00, but he thought that was a crazy price to pay at the time. He admits it was a mistake on his part and should of just paid the $15K. He finally ended up paying anywhere from $50,000 to $75,000.00.

YouTube Link

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If that's the best they could do from such a transaction, I'm disappointed. Keep it, let the UFC use it, and construct a deal "with" the UFC, than selling it. IMO

Last edited:
•••
I just realised that this video is talking about buying the name a good while ago. I was starting to get irate that the guy was just being a typical douche like most people are like the guy who wanted to buy teamwork.com but just called the guy a cybersquatter without even knowing what it meant.

According to the video UFC sold everything, including the domain to avoid bankruptcy.... so he needed to buy it back to relaunch?/restablish? the brand.

He says the person who owned it, calling themselves "user friendly computers" wanted $15k dollars for the name. He "called the guy" and "freaked out" out at him and "got in a huge fight with the guy" and said "are you out of your mind?".

His reasoning for being like that with the guy was that he didn't believe that "user friendly computers" which is "a website that nobody is going to and nobody cares about should be worth $15k".

Seemed a little bit like bully boy tactics at first until you realise that it was in retrospect from a while ago. If it was someone now I'd assume that they just want something they can't have for nothing.

Glad to hear that he ended up paying 50-75k for the domain ufc.com in the end and that the original owner wasn't completely ripped off by a bully boy.

Last edited:
•••
I just realised that this video is talking about buying the name a good while ago. I was starting to get irate that the guy was just being a typical douche like most people are like the guy who wanted to buy teamwork.com but just called the guy a cybersquatter without even knowing what it meant.

According to the video UFC sold everything, including the domain to avoid bankruptcy.... so he needed to buy it back to relaunch?/restablish? the brand.

He says the person who owned it, calling themselves "user friendly computers" wanted $15k dollars for the name. He "called the guy" and "freaked out" out at him and "got in a huge fight with the guy" and said "are you out of your mind?".

His reasoning for being that he didn't believe that "user friendly computers" which is "a website that nobody is going to and nobody cares about should be worth $15k".

Seemed a little bit like bully boy tactics at first until you realise that it was in retrospect from a while ago. If it was someone now I'd assume that they just want something they can't have for nothing.

Glad to hear that he ended up paying 50-75k for the domain ufc.com in the end and that the original owner wasn't completely ripped off by a bully boy.
Interesting story, agreed. Considering in todays time there is only one known "UFC", like one "IBM", organising a deal would have been far better. I don't understand why people sell such things, maybe just my philosophy. Constructing a deal, accepting equity, dividends or payments, no matter how its done, yet maintaining control. If that is the only deal you are prepared to do, there is no choice but to work it out, if you have their baby in "dot com". Considering the scale of the UFC, compared to accepting just $50k - $75k as a one time payment

Last edited:
•••
I wouldn't have sold for less than 250k and that still would have been a hell of a deal. I would have tried to get equity but hindsight is 20/20

•••
Back