Dynadot

news Dan.com Unveils Global Brokerage Team to Build Value for Domain Investors

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddy with Dan's and Media Options contract:-

grinder-paper.gif

Last edited:
•••
•••
I got the email this morning - was in the junk box....

Better late than never - Godaddy already seems to be having some kind of effect......

Saying that they did respond to me on Sunday, removed an old listing and listed mine within about 5 minutes - so can't grumble to much

•••
now if they can remove the trust pilot data on the landers and replace it with gd's phone number we will all see better results

•••
now if they can remove the trust pilot data on the landers and replace it with gd's phone number we will all see better results
There have been numerous polls, studies and discussions around using a trust rating system on websites - short answer is they do more good than harm.......and help with conversions

•••
The email doesn't really say what rates they charge, looks like you have to email for details:
At Dan, we’re driven by the idea of putting customers first. We’re confident this new brokerage capability where you can relay any negotiation with a value of at least $1,000 to our brokerage team, will benefit our sellers. To discover what this team can do for your portfolio, simply respond to this email.

•••
That mail does not have valid DKIM signature, that is why it is going to spam.

Last edited:
•••
That mail does not have valid DKIM signature, that is why it is going to spam.
Not here. It arrived in my Dan.com folder at Gmail today, not in Spam. I'm using a filter based on From address.

•••
The email doesn't really say what rates they charge, looks like you have to email for details:
If you click on “learn more” you get the full article/blog. It mentions the commish staying at 20%.

•••
sa it goes.
dan is losing its soul....

•••
There have been numerous polls, studies and discussions around using a trust rating system on websites - short answer is they do more good than harm.......and help with conversions
Yes, a trust pilot rating also of 4.7 seems to be pretty darn good, IMHO.

•••
sa it goes.
dan is losing its soul....
I can really think of a lot of things GoDaddy could do wrong, to lose our trust after the Dan.com acquisition. But when it comes to this piece of news, I think it could actually help domain sellers immensely. It's just sad for Dan's previous brokerage partner.

Last edited:
•••
It says Sep, 1 I never heard about this, I got an email about it from Dan. If you are using gmail, check your spam folder.

https://news.dan.com/217985-dan-com...rage-team-to-build-value-for-domain-investors

GoDaddy team will replace media options and the commission will remain the same.
Yeah, I got same email.

they promissed some new like:
"
  • Access to 100+ experienced brokers across the globe.
  • Unmatched expertise from the global leader in domains.
  • Near 24/7 coverage, providing faster response times to both you and your leads. "
I'm not sure will it help, but to discover what this team can do for your portfolio, simply respond to the email.
I did it, send them email, now waiting for a good news =) or they will try to sell smth, as GoDaddy does always.

•••
I can really think of a lot of things GoDaddy could do wrong, to lose our trust after the Dan.com acquisition. But when it comes to this piece of news, I think it could help domain sellers immensely. It's just sad for Dan's previous brokerage partner.
Yes, while I am relatively skeptical when it comes to GoDaddy's long term plans for Dan.com, this is really just replacing one broker with another.

If the rates are not changed, there is really no major change for Dan users. GoDaddy brokers are perfectly capable.

I would be more concerned with GoDaddy materially changing how Dan works with leads, negotiation, and fees of non-brokered sales.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, I got same email.

they promissed some new like:
"
  • Access to 100+ experienced brokers across the globe.
  • Unmatched expertise from the global leader in domains.
  • Near 24/7 coverage, providing faster response times to both you and your leads. "
I'm not sure will it help, but to discover what this team can do for your portfolio, simply respond to the email.
I did it, send them email, now waiting for a good news =) or they will try to sell smth, as GoDaddy does always.
Yes, they are trying to get more% on fat deals 1k+

"The usage of Dan Brokerage would work as follows. You simply keep all domains listed in your Dan account (Parking is recommended). Once an offer comes through of $1,000 and up, you will be offered to hand over negotiations to our brokers. If this is desired, you set a reserve and asking price, which will be validated by our brokers. If they agree, the negotiations will be handed over to them, and they will help you secure the best possible price for your domains"

•••
When its 5.0 yes, once you charge 4+ figures and people see 4.7 and they click on it and see what looks like tales of horror, you hurt sales.

By the way afternic landers use no trustpilot or any ratings, at least not the ns2-3, hugedomains uses no outside rating either, they hand pick testimonials.

Arguing is a waste, they should try it for a week, replace it with the number and see if it helps.

•••
It was was always going to happen, i said it would when the takeover was first announced back in June:-

https://www.namepros.com/threads/go...-platform-dan-com.1277414/page-2#post-8639253

It's business.. GoDaddy has its own brokerage team, so why should they have a 3rd party potentially making commission on a site they own for something they can do themselves? I would do the same in GoDaddy's position and so would anyone else.

Last edited:
•••
Two things

If I receive an offer over 1K and do not opt into brokerage help will GD brokers email me anyways or are we assured they stay out of the negotiations?

I price a domain at 5K

Completes at DAN I get $4550

Completes on Open Distribution (20%) I get $4000

Why are we expected to have pricing the same when the commission is not the same?

•••
When its 5.0 yes, once you charge 4+ figures and people see 4.7 and they click on it and see what looks like tales of horror, you hurt sales.

By the way afternic landers use no trustpilot or any ratings, at least not the ns2-3, hugedomains uses no outside rating either, they hand pick testimonials.

Arguing is a waste, they should try it for a week, replace it with the number and see if it helps.

It's interesting.....

Review interaction is up 50% since the pandemic

Generation Z distrust "perfect" 5 out of 5 scores

All age groups distrust scores below 4 - between 4 and 5 is seen as trustworthy - purchases are most influenced by reviews with an average rating of 4.2 to 4.5 stars

Also, I'm pretty sure they would of done their own split testing - with and without reviews and seen how it impacted on the sales process...

Will wait and see how Godaddy decide to play it out.......

•••
All age groups distrust scores below 4 - between 4 and 5 is seen as trustworthy - purchases are most influenced by reviews with an average rating of 4.2 to 4.5 stars
Hi

it seems presumptive to put a trust pilot rating,
because from a buying or selling perspective, majority of times you don't know the other party.

thought the platform could make the claim, based on volume of transactions and reviews
unless i missed it, where is the rating for individual sellers/buyers?

imo...

•••
Two things

If I receive an offer over 1K and do not opt into brokerage help will GD brokers email me anyways or are we assured they stay out of the negotiations?

I price a domain at 5K

Completes at DAN I get $4550

Completes on Open Distribution (20%) I get $4000

Why are we expected to have pricing the same when the commission is not the same?

I chatted to them briefly yesterday and from what I understood, after you getting this 1k offer, it's up to you to either turn to broker so he negotiate the deal and then it's 20% whatever the outcome is, or it's purely you who is dealing with a customer and then it's 9%.

So, the broker doesn't really do sht in terms of looking for new leads or clients, he just comes into play when an offer is on the table already...

•••
I chatted to them briefly yesterday and from what I understood, after you getting this 1k offer, it's up to you to either turn to broker so he negotiate the deal and then it's 20% whatever the outcome is, or it's purely you who is dealing with a customer and then it's 9%.

So, the broker doesn't really do sht in terms of looking for new leads or clients, he just comes into play when an offer is on the table already...
Just like real estate, the broker lists it and waits for someone to show up. If you have a special property, you hire brokers that contact people about it. Most properties are not special. If you have a special domain, a broker that does outbound, one of the top, will accept your name and try to sell it. Most domains do not qualify.

The gd broker does a lot. They follow up with the lead, they try to pitch them why it's worth the amount above what they offered. Some sales from AN took months of the broker chasing the lead. I know how they work, I played the role of a buyer more than once on behalf of people, they deserve the commission.

•••
Just like real estate, the broker lists it and waits for someone to show up. If you have a special property, you hire brokers that contact people about it. Most properties are not special. If you have a special domain, a broker that does outbound, one of the top, will accept your name and try to sell it. Most domains do not qualify.

The gd broker does a lot. They follow up with the lead, they try to pitch them why it's worth the amount above what they offered. Some sales from AN took months of the broker chasing the lead. I know how they work, I played the role of a buyer more than once on behalf of people, they deserve the commission.

I've dealt with GD brokers as well from a seller side. My point was about the case when the BIN price is set already and an offer of 1k enters. Then it's a pure you or broker who negotiates, and here I don't see much sense in hiring a broker. However if the domain is under ''Make Offer'' and the 1k offer comes, sometimes it would make sense to hire one, especially if you have no idea how much certain domain can be sold for in reality (other language or brandable or any value you are unaware of) - then their experience will probably matter, as well 20% commissions are justified.

•••
Hi

it seems presumptive to put a trust pilot rating,
because from a buying or selling perspective, majority of times you don't know the other party.

thought the platform could make the claim, based on volume of transactions and reviews
unless i missed it, where is the rating for individual sellers/buyers?

imo...
People are sheep.....They follow the herd and the majority don't really dig to deeply into it.....

If DAN are the ones handling the funds & acting as the mediator between the two parties then I would assume buyers would prefer to read how the the transactional process works and see their trust rating rather than the seller - who in a lot of cases are anonymous and are just known as "domain seller"

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back