IT.COM

marketplace DAN.COM platform is just a joke and DAN is positive

NameSilo
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
Why do we select DAN.COM for trading domains? Anyone can make offers on your domains easily to waste your time. Even if the transaction is agreed, you can stop it at any time. There is no restriction on making offers, even if it is not serious. So it is just wasting time in DAN platform. BIN or Make offer is useless in DAN.COM marketplace. See my story as following pictures.

Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Capture3.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is how it works: Millions of unauthorized listings just bring traffic from google. And make platform looking popular for the domain industry. godaddy overpaid for the dan.

•••
This is how it works: Millions of unauthorized listings just bring traffic from google. And make platform looking popular for the domain industry. godaddy overpaid for the dan.
Yep. There's nothing to stop a bored troll who's good at coding from setting up bots offering silly money to various names then going hiding when Dan come calling. It's a waste of everyone's time and resources.

But hey, GoDaddy have cash to burn so they took a punt on them.

•••
I never had any sales or any traction at all on Dan. I only add names on Dan not to be added by criminals.

Last edited:
•••
if u smart then u won't waste yo time using dan for anything other than add lead from elsewhere like bodis lander or whatever simple free lander u make... and if u are smart.then when and if dan raises add lead from 5percent to more...
then u will stop.using dan completely and go.to a.cheaper place. so...... be smart...

•••
I would have thought the nigh-on $7million offer would have told you the whole thing was a joke submission. I do agree, it shouldn't take much for sites to weed them out

Last edited:
•••
Few days back it happened to me too
Not for so much money , but hey it always was 500 bucks.
Agreed to the offer , buyer disappeared.

•••
Now Godaddy will make pain to list at DAN. Just watch.

To prevent this; Have BINs only; but BINs only, limits too

Last edited:
•••
Why do we select DAN.COM for trading domains? Anyone can make offers on your domains easily to waste your time. Even if the transaction is agreed, you can stop it at any time. There is no restriction on making offers, even if it is not serious. So it is just wasting time in DAN platform. BIN or Make offer is useless in DAN.COM marketplace. See my story as following pictures.

Show attachment 237112Show attachment 237113Show attachment 237114
To prevent and eliminate fake offer at DAN , set BIN and LTO or BIN only. Or use your own lander , configure captcha , ask 5% - 10 % fee from your BIN as down payment and tell your potential buyers ' Please send us. $xxx to show that you are really serious to open negotistion with us."

They will reject to pay ,its normal. But seriious buyers will accept it , cause they really really need your domains.

You might be getting a very little offer , but you can eliminate fake offer for whatever reason. There is no perfect marketplace , DAN is my second choice. I usually sell directly to buyers , no third escrow for certain domains ( under $9k )

•••
To prevent and eliminate fake offer at DAN , set BIN and LTO or BIN only. Or use your own lander , configure captcha , ask 5% - 10 % fee from your BIN as down payment and tell your potential buyers ' Please send us. $xxx to show that you are really serious to open negotistion with us."

They will reject to pay ,its normal. But seriious buyers will accept it , cause they really really need your domains.

You might be getting a very little offer , but you can eliminate fake offer for whatever reason. There is no perfect marketplace , DAN is my second choice. I usually sell directly to buyers , no third escrow for certain domains ( under $9k )
Yep. Nat Cohen uses secured offers which require a fee to begin negotiations.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back