Dynadot

advice DAN.com Negotiation

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

David Day

Upgraded Member
Impact
I have a domain that I'm sitting on, .com, been wanting $500 for it for a while now. That's the listed BIN price. I think I've renewed it for 2 years. (It's a 2 key word .com)

Today I got a $100 offer.

Do you think I should use the DAN.com counter-offer function and maybe shoot for $250? I fear that they'll walk. But, $250 would definitely make me a happy camper. Especially just in time before the dan.com commission changes?!

It also sounds really good to cash out on a domain name so I have more money to put back in, heh.. to fund the addiction of course!

No, but seriously, would love your suggestions.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
No way to know without knowing the name. Its not like 500 was unreasonable. They are just a cheap fellow domainer. Totally up to you.

You left the door open by having such a low opener on a low BIN
Wise words, if you're interested I can dm you the name. Thank you for the insight.

•••
I countered $250. Here goes nothing! I will post an update.

•••
No way to know without knowing the name. Its not like 500 was unreasonable. They are just a cheap fellow domainer. Totally up to you.

You left the door open by having such a low opener on a low BIN

Last edited:
•••
Majority of buyers coming in dan will have an easy budget of 250 USD if they want to buy a name..I have many cases which started in 99 USD and buyer finally ended in 299 almost..If you feel your domain worth $250,just put counter offer and hope that you will get the sale between 200 to 300 for sure

•••
Majority of buyers coming in dan will have an easy budget of 250 USD if they want to buy a name..I have many cases which started in 99 USD and buyer finally ended in 299 almost..If you feel your domain worth $250,just put counter offer and hope that you will get the sale between 200 to 300 for sure
Awesome. Sounds very optimistic. I am curious where my lead came from. Fingers crossed.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back