Dynadot

news DAN.com Founder Reza Launches Anyone.com To Disrupt Commercial Real Estate

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

silentg

DomainRetail.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Last edited:
•••
I don't see my kids having the same opportunities my wife and I had and actually there are more and more grown-ups even here moving back in to their parents home because the housing industry is so screwed up.

Never say never. I never imagined I would be as lucky as my parents (boomers). My property is currently valued at 5x acquisition. I took a leap of faith when the market was down, payed for it by working my ass off on a low wage income.

A lot of sweat and tears went into that. That being said, it's not really an accomplishment. Sheer luck is involved as well.

It doesn't matter though. When time wil come, I'll be gone and leave this to my kid. Not because it's valuable but because it's worth it to preserve memories made.

•••
•••
My property is currently valued at 5x acquisition.
Herein is the issue.. every property is valued at 5x now from like, last week. It's like realtors think housing is the same as crypto markets.

Nothing has changed into what goes into building a home, but now new homes are problematic with symptoms that 30-40 year old homes may get.. eg leaking, plumbing, structural and yet they charge 5x the price for what took them twice the time it took to build a home 30 years ago, with half the quality too.

It would be like it becoming the market norm for a hyphenated IDN domain to be valued the same as its clean readable counterpart, because it ends in dot-com.

Goes without saying, land is limited and can't be just be "manufactured". And the world gets more and more populous.

•••
Herein is the issue.. every property is valued at 5x now from like, last week. It's like realtors think housing is the same as crypto markets.

Nothing has changed into what goes into building a home, but now new homes are problematic with symptoms that 30-40 year old homes may get.. eg leaking, plumbing, structural and yet they charge 5x the price for what took them twice the time it took to build a home 30 years ago, with half the quality too.

It would be like it becoming the market norm for a hyphenated IDN domain to be valued the same as its clean readable counterpart, because it ends in dot-com.

Goes without saying, land is limited and can't be just be "manufactured". And the world gets more and more populous.

I agree. It's insane. What's even more insane is that people are prepared to pay up. Actually (need to) spend that kind of money on a home.

And yes, land is very limited, especially where I am from. It's a big concern of mine, trying to envision what kind of world my kid will grow up in.

I guess that's where the nay sayers come in, regarding disruptors trying to get a foot in the door with real estate. They might 'pop the bubble' at the expense of 'haves'. If you have plenty though, is it really that bad?

At the same time, although I'm not rich at all by western standards, I do consider myself to be among the lucky ones with a fair share of assets obtained by hard work... and some luck :).

•••
•••
Yue Dai and it’s probably $20 million easily.
In which case Rich Schwarz's Property and Properties .coms are worth around $30 million

•••
•••
Good luck to Reza he did well with Dan. I wish him well with Anyone as well

•••
I don't WISH him success. The wounds are still unhealed. We wholeheartedly supported Dan to make it a highly recommended marketplace, but ultimately the giant Shark GoDaddy has acquired it.
Do you have another marketplace to recommend since GoDaddy swallowed up our favorite? I'm currently with UniRegistry and like their self-selling templates etc. Do you know of other registrars that might work for me? Thanks.

•••
Why are people who 'Invest in building a domain portfolio' and sell them for profit complaining against people who 'Invest in building a business and sell them for profit'?

At the end of the day, it's business! All the best to Anyone/com and Reza.

•••
Why are people who 'Invest in building a domain portfolio' and sell them for profit complaining against people who 'Invest in building a business and sell them for profit'?

I totally agree!

Because those people are so upset about losing that sweet little commission rate. Which is only 6%

However, my sales started to increase with Afternic landers, while I could not achieve almost no performance with DAN personally. As long as it's a win-win situation, that's fine by me.

•••
High School GIF

•••
•••
Doesn't he live in the Netherlands? Is this directed at the American market, or Dutch?

In any case, wish him success but my experience with the "everything I touch turns to gold" theory is that trying to do something completely different in an entirely new area doesn't always work.

Last edited:
•••
Animated GIF

Yep, wish him success.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I don't WISH him success. The wounds are still unhealed. We wholeheartedly supported Dan to make it a highly recommended marketplace but ultimately the big Shark GoDaddy has acquired it.
Same here. Very disappointing. No iota of trust or goodwill left.

Last edited:
•••
We wish success to Mr.Sharkdeha with his growing of potatoes journey.

•••
•••
•••
Maybe/might welcome back.
4 months is a long time, I couldnt live 4 months without domaining.

•••

Attachments

• 357628274_641092381309768_8943335195251249602_n.jpg
    357628274_641092381309768_8943335195251249602_n.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 12
•••
Anyone know when they are launching?

•••
Back