IT.COM

advice Dan.com first sale payout timeframe

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VivifyDomains

journey-x.comEstablished Member
Impact
Just sold my first domain name ever on dan yesterday! Insanely lucky

But just wanted to know how long does it take to get paid out? They've been reaching out to me a bunch of times but they just keep saying "as it's your first sale it will take a little longer". I already unlocked the domain name yesterday but no further instructions from them other than "wait a little longer".

Does anyone know roughly how long until they complete the transfer and pay out normally on a first sale? Or is this unusual?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

how long did you hold that domain before it sold.... a day, a week, a year or more?

point being, be patient.

i got same message with first sale too.

imo..

•••
also the first sale on dan, received money on paypal 3 hours after the transferred

•••
•••
They normally pay very quickly. I have gotten paid 4 hours after the sale but its pretty standard notice they send out to allow around two business days for payment to be processed. Way better than most.

Last edited:
•••
They normally pay very quickly. I have gotten paid 4 hours after the sale but its pretty standard notice they send out to allow around two business days for payment to be processed. Way better than most.
Ah fair enough, so should be done by early next week then. Thanks!

•••
no payouts on Saturday and Sundays wait for tomorow and you should be able to get your payment i doubt a first time sale has anything to do with delays!

•••
no payouts on Saturday and Sundays wait for tomorow and you should be able to get your payment i doubt a first time sale has anything to do with delays!
Yeah from what others have said the payment part seems to be pretty quick. But the transfer seems to be slow, the domain name is still in my account (sold March 30).

Anyway, I will wait for a few more days

•••
Congratulations @blinkSCV on your First sale on Dan . Nice for you, Can you let us Know how long you held the domain & the domain Name and the price it got sold

•••
Congratulations @blinkSCV on your First sale on Dan . Nice for you, Can you let us Know how long you held the domain & the domain Name and the price it got sold
Thanks! Yeah sure I actually posted the details in the completed sales thread, but see below:

Name: XRcopilot (.) com
Hold: 11 days, handreg (insane luck, still can't believe it)
Price: $2488 BIN no outreach

And the delay I mentioned here was actually due to some additional compliance checks needed on the buyer's side from what I was told. I'm guessing they needed to KYC them and they were taking a while.

Once that was done received the payment within a few hours after the transfer

•••
give it few days...
Thanks! Yeah sure I actually posted the details in the completed sales thread, but see below:

And the delay I mentioned here was actually due to some additional compliance checks needed on the buyer's side from what I was told. I'm guessing they needed to KYC them and they were taking a while.

afaik dan doesnt do much kyc for buyers...not even on btc.. so i would be stunned if they did for other pay ways

•••
The process:
Sold
Receive money from buyer
Push or Transfer our
Pay
Just sold one this week and get pay within 48 hours after Dan received money from buyer.
You may have to wait a bit longer being your first sale with them

•••

Selling a Domain in 11 days is Totally Insane man , What a Experience !!

•••
Selling a Domain in 11 days is Totally Insane man , What a Experience !!
Yeah and going by some of the comments on namepros from the experienced domainers in the VR niche thread it sounds like this isn't a very good domain name so super lucky to have this as my first sale

•••
If you tell us about the sales stages, it will be a reference for us.

•••
First I received the "sold" email on March 30 2023:

1681035968146.png

Right after that they told me payment has been received and to unlock the domain, which I did soon after.

Next day they told me "Since this is your first sale, this time will take a little longer.".

Two days later I followed-up again and they said they are waiting on the Afternic to review the Buyer's account for "compliance reasons".

One day later, they messaged me again saying I can push the domain to Dan's namecheap account.

1681036214790-png.235377

About 10 hours later the money was in my bank account and the transaction was closed.

Then I re-invested 1/3 of the money back into domains and kept the rest haha. Lets see how it goes from now on

Attachments

• 1681035877853.png
    1681035877853.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 130
  • 1681036214790.png
    1681036214790.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 609
•••
Hi, sorry had to use google translate as I don't speak Turkish. Hopefully it's accurate for you.

Show attachment 235375

Show attachment 235376

Right after that they told me payment has been received and to unlock the domain, which I did soon after.

Next day they told me "Since this is your first sale, this time will take a little longer.".

Two days later I followed-up again and they said they are waiting on the Afternic to review the Buyer's account for "compliance reasons".

One day later, they messaged me again saying I can push the domain to Dan's namecheap account.

1681036214790-png.235377

About 10 hours later the money was in my bank account and the transaction was closed.

Then I re-invested 1/3 of the money back into domains and kept the rest haha. Lets see how it goes from now on
My domain is currently listed on sedo.com but no offers and interactions. Would it be better for me to list it on.dan.com?

•••
Congratulations on your first sale!
Hi, sorry had to use google translate as I don't speak Turkish. Hopefully it's accurate for you.

Show attachment 235375

Show attachment 235376

1681036214790-png.235377

•••
Did you outbuound or buyer just came in and hit BIN?

•••

Show attachment 235375

Show attachment 235376

1681036214790-png.235377

Congrats

•••
My domain is currently listed on sedo.com but no offers and interactions. Would it be better for me to list it on.dan.com?
I'm definitely not an expert so I wouldn't take what I say too seriously here. But from my experience Dan has been way better than Sedo. When you list on Dan it also lists on Afternic if you add a BIN, so you get a lot more exposure I think. Dan also has a much nicer interface, very easy on the eyes. For eg the main page has some nice stats (this isn't the whole page):

dan.png

Good thing about Sedo though is that they pay you for parking with them, although I don't get much so not sure if it's worth it unless you have some domains that draw a lot of traffic.

Congratulations on your first sale!
Thank you!

Did you outbuound or buyer just came in and hit BIN?
Just BIN zero outbound. I was planning to try outbound after the 60 day lock was over but luckily didn't get there haha

Thanks!

•••
Yeah and going by some of the comments on namepros from the experienced domainers in the VR niche thread it sounds like this isn't a very good domain name so super lucky to have this as my first sale
Nice It brings me motivation
But I have a domain name Xlota (.) com
Now what’s your opinion to how to sell this domain and kindly suggest me platforms. Thank you.

•••
Nice It brings me motivation
But I have a domain name Xlota (.) com
Now what’s your opinion to how to sell this domain and kindly suggest me platforms. Thank you.
Glad to hear it! No worries but like I mentioned I'm not an expert so not sure I can give you much good advice. It's my first sale so 100% of my luck comes from Dan.com so not sure what to recommend in terms of marketplaces other than them.

Does your domain name have a meaning in a different language? Otherwise it looks like two combined abbreviations XL and OTA. XL can stand for extra large, but I'm not familiar with any common ones for OTA.

You can check here for other potential meanings:

https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/XL
https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/OTA

In terms of selling, you could try to reach out to companies that are using OTA as their name maybe? There are a decent amount of companies with this in their name on opencorporates.com:

1681183657472.png

Looking at the waybackmachine it seems that someone else also had this for sale from 2021 - 2022 but the amount makes me think it's not worth the renewal fees if it didn't even sell at this price: (https://web.archive.org/web/20220416145305/http://xlota.com/). Just my opinion.

1681183830136.png

If it was me I would either do outreach or put a higher price on it and wait until all 5 letter .com combinations are registered and become hard to get like 4 letters are currently. This would probably increase the price and demand due to scarcity. But not sure how long that would take, just an idea

•••
Thanks for your opinion, but I think it’s a rare domain like a brand 😊 I just bought this domain at $5 per year so I think I should try my best to sell it in one year…

•••
Ah fair enough, no worries good luck with it! Hope you get a good price

•••
Back