IT.COM

Dan.com domains disappears from Afternic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SCP Foundation

Established Member
Impact
Hi fellas
So i have a domain listed on Dan with afternic listing enabled. Everything was good for a month and I was seeing my listing in the afternic network resellers. However I went back tomorrow to see if someone has made a bid on that domain in godaddy (because gd lists the afternic domains as an 80 day auction), and then I see my domain isn't there anymore. I go check on other afternic resellers (Sav, Namecheap ...) and it's not there anymore. I even went to afternic.com to see if the domain is here and it tells me "no match found" when i search for it.
However in my dan.com dashboard i still can see the domain and it still says that the domain is being listed on the afternic network.

Did anyone have this problem ? And do you have any suggestions on how to deal with it ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi fellas
So i have a domain listed on Dan with afternic listing enabled. Everything was good for a month and I was seeing my listing in the afternic network resellers. However I went back tomorrow to see if someone has made a bid on that domain in godaddy (because gd lists the afternic domains as an 80 day auction), and then I see my domain isn't there anymore. I go check on other afternic resellers (Sav, Namecheap ...) and it's not there anymore. I even went to afternic.com to see if the domain is here and it tells me "no match found" when i search for it.
However in my dan.com dashboard i still can see the domain and it still says that the domain is being listed on the afternic network.

Did anyone have this problem ? And do you have any suggestions on how to deal with it ?
I don't want to get your hopes up, but it could be pending sale.

Since it's going through the Distribution network, it's really hard to say. You'll most likely need to call or email Afternic to find out.

If the domain was listed directly through Afternic, you'd be able to see the domain's status...Pending Sale, In Review or worse, removed without notice.

You can check the link below to see whether or not it's still listed: (If it's live, in review or pending sale, you'll see the price. If it says "Not Found," that usually means it was removed.)

afternic.com/domains/yourdomain.com

In my experience, it's better to list directly through Afternic. At least this way you have a better idea of what's going on with your listings.

•••

Since it's going through the Distribution network, it's really hard to say. You'll most likely need to call or email Afternic to find out.

If the domain was listed directly through Afternic, you'd be able to see the domain's status...Pending Sale, In Review or worse, removed without notice.

You can check the link below to see whether or not it's still listed: (If it's live, in review or pending sale, you'll see the price. If it says "Not Found," that usually means it was removed.)

In my experience, it's better to list directly through Afternic. At least this way you have a better idea of what's going on with your listings.
Probably, if this is the case with a single domain

•••
Probably, if this is the case with a single domain
it's a single one but it's also the only one i have on dan and afternic

•••

i tried the link and it says "Not Found"

anyways i will contact them

thanks fo rthe advice, i will be more careful now when listing on dan (y)

•••
Hi fellas

I'd recommend emailing Dan support directly on this one.

•••
•••
Afternic will be the premium listings and the domains not listed will not qualify been same with Godaddy a while.

•••
•••
Any update on what had happened to the disappearing domain?
Contacted them and they put the domain again in the afternic network.
However it reset the time of exposition so i have to wait again some 30 or 40 days for the domain to get on top of listings in marketplaces like godaddy

•••
Back