Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

NameSilo
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am personally seeing a drop in number of views of my portfolio post the inclusion in the afternic network.
My guess is that this is because DAN does an increasingly better job at filtering out non-human traffic to domain landers. The traffic is still there, but it isn't always counted in the statistics.

•••
Anyone else having grief enabling Afternic listings via Dan ? Deleted all existing listings on Afternic & tried to enable them via Dan. Some come back as active but when you refresh the page they revert to 'processing'. Others come up with 'listing failure' or 'not listed'. Tried to relist some on Afternic only to be told they are already listed....but they are not in my portfolio on Afternic or active at Dan !?

What a total disaster !

•••
Anyone else having grief enabling Afternic listings via Dan ? Deleted all existing listings on Afternic & tried to enable them via Dan. Some come back as active but when you refresh the page they revert to 'processing'. Others come up with 'listing failure' or 'not listed'. Tried to relist some on Afternic only to be told they are already listed....but they are not in my portfolio on Afternic or active at Dan !?

What a total disaster !
Good morning @doofer,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing this.

The integration primarily has added value for those who have no Afternic account yet. If you are already listed through Afternic we always recommend keeping the domains listed with them. That being said, if you remove domain listings from Afternic it will take time for it to get removed completely on both the front and back end. If you simultaneously opt-in through Dan, communication has to take place between both platforms. If the domains that are pending deletion on Afternic's end get integrated through Dan it could cause some problems. When this happens, we recommend contacting our support to get this resolved.

•••
Good morning @doofer,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing this.

The integration primarily has added value for those who have no Afternic account yet. If you are already listed through Afternic we always recommend keeping the domains listed with them. That being said, if you remove domain listings from Afternic it will take time for it to get removed completely on both the front and back end. If you simultaneously opt-in through Dan, communication has to take place between both platforms. If the domains that are pending deletion on Afternic's end get integrated through Dan it could cause some problems. When this happens, we recommend contacting our support to get this resolved.
Thanks Laszlo. Seems it won't list .TVs for some reason, oh well. One or two others keep flipping between active/processing, i'll just give it a while & see if it sorts itself out.

•••
This could be because when someone search the domain on a DAN/Afternic partner registrar, your domain display there with price and they don't need to visit DAN page directly.
See one of my domain as example.
My guess is that this is because DAN does an increasingly better job at filtering out non-human traffic to domain landers. The traffic is still there, but it isn't always counted in the statistics.
Yes, quite possible. But with that I have also seen that inquiries have dried up. So I will keep the landers for a couple of months or will shift to some other lander.

Last edited:
•••
Even though I mentioned it many times months ago, you are still incapable of fixing even a small problem!

Clicking on the outside of the modal boxes closes it. I spend minutes writing a detailed offer message and one tiny click closes the window and all my typing disappears! It should be closed just by clicking the cross. These are very simple and basic UI/UX rules.

Please do not pass this on to the team again. Don't put it on the to-do list. Just do it! It will take 2 minutes of your time.

If you ignore your users, they will ignore you over time.

•••
Even though I mentioned it many times months ago, you are still incapable of fixing even a small problem!

Clicking on the outside of the modal boxes closes it. I spend minutes writing a detailed offer message and one tiny click closes the window and all my typing disappears! It should be closed just by clicking the cross. These are very simple and basic UI/UX rules.

Please do not pass this on to the team again. Don't put it on the to-do list. Just do it! It will take 2 minutes of your time.

If you ignore your users, they will ignore you over time.
Haven't used DAN for a while but if it's still the same since long ago....

I usually prefer it this way because I worried that I might end up mis-clicking the 'delete' button (or was it 'archive' button?) which was too close to the 'x' button.

If they put some more distance between the buttons (especially isolating that dangerous-looking delete button) then I wouldn't mind being forced to click 'x' to close the boxes.

•••
Good morning,

I hope that everybody had a great weekend.

@kor & @eternaldomains, we relay any and all feedback to our team for review. However, that does not mean it will certainly be put on the roadmap. Besides our own evaluations, we also prefer the client base to give their input for many day-to-day functionalities. If the majority prefers a specific functionality, we will fairly always make sure to set it up accordingly.

As such, we would like to give a chance to all users to give their preference:
1. Click anywhere outside the conversation window to close a conversation (Keep it as it is = Like)
2. Click the X only to close the conversation window to close a conversation (= Thanks)

•••
Name i deleted from Dan is listed again, by someone else. Its recently expired
域名

域名卖家​

Edit for transparency cause we all like to see whats really going on. The domain is TheBlueVirus.com

Him or someone else added it previously. Once it expires he will be set right up, won’t he?
Drop listing

Last edited:
•••

What a total disaster !
I did face . Then asked Dan, they said if someone is already having an account with afternic they advise to list sirectly on Afternic so as to get the FAST TRASFER AND other benefits of the afternic network. But for those not having an account with afternic , they can quickly enable , but then if you try to list on afternic and then enable on dan also , then it will fail with either- fail message or already listed

•••
If the majority prefers a specific functionality

"It's not a bug, it's a feature!"

In the operating system currently running in front of you, does the window close when you click outside of a window?

No?

That's why you need a decent UI/UX expert because these types of details are not your field.

•••
I would like to have the ability to apply description to all types of Template, would be that possible?
Also I prefer JPG logos to put why only PNG Dan accepts, instead I add to header the logo but it's not centered, maybe add some way to control the position of header.
Thanks.
edit: it seems I must open each domain to see if it has Make Offer enabled, why there is no 5th icon to show this?

Last edited:
•••
域名

域名卖家​

Edit for transparency cause we all like to see whats really going on. The domain is TheBlueVirus.com

Him or someone else added it previously. Once it expires he will be set right up, won’t he?
Drop listing
Good morning @MasterOfMyDomains,

The name appears to be recently registered again through Namecheap. It was not listed too long ago.

If it does involve a seller listing domains he/she does not own, we will take the appropriate measures of course.

•••

Last edited:
•••
Good morning @MasterOfMyDomains,

The name appears to be recently registered again through Namecheap. It was not listed too long ago.

If it does involve a seller listing domains he/she does not own, we will take the appropriate measures of course.

Whois Record for TheBlueVirus.com​

Expired Nov30 so still in my name

buffer.pgif

Domain Profile

RegistrantREACTIVATION PERIOD
Dates745 days old
Created on 2020-11-30
Expires on 2022-11-30
Updated on 2021-10-31
I dont see where it was recently registered

Last edited:
•••
域名
On Dan, it is clear that there is still a problem with domains not owned by sellers still attempting to be sold by them.

After reading your post, I found 13 instances of my domains not owned by others, still being put up for sale. Sadly, one of them was StopAnnoyingMe.com!

In this case, none of them were drops. Most of them I owned for many years. They were not 'left overs' from previous sales. I left Dan this year, in part after concerns about the integrity of their verification system.

Now, though, there appears to be an even more sophisticated fake selling attempt. Before, we had seen one seller with over 400K domains having multiple fraudulent listings. Now, most the domains are scattered with different sellers. Some of them have names in Chinese. Others are in English. Only a few of them were in accounts with over 1K domain listings.

What now is even more disturbing is that the fraudulent domain sale attempts in the past seemed to be "make offer." Now, many are being presented as BIN.

Dan, what happened to the "progress" that you were making to stop the fraudulent sales listings? Please really fix this problem.

I will send a list of the domains that need to be removed via your customer support. Please try to take this problem more seriously. Issues like this do not help the credibility of domain marketplaces in general, and the domaining industry as a whole.

Last edited:
•••
I wish DAN would have operations and customer support over the weekend. Hire someone for the weekends. I've had 2 sales this year happen on a Friday and we've had to wait on the transaction. The last buyer was an end-user and he was starting to panic because he was expecting the domain to be in his possession as soon as he made payment.

•••
@LaszloSchenk
My domains listed by other sellers still appear to be there. I had sent the message to customer support, and they are supposedly checking into this. These domains are no longer listed with Afternic/GoDaddy, so these spurious sellers would not have access to to the Afternic Fast Transfer or even Afternic to attempt to buy them immediately right after making the sale to someone else. At this point, have stopped using Afternic Fast Transfer completely, and removed many of my domains from there due in part to the concerns raised here.

Comments from others on another part of this forum suggest that they wouldn't have a problem with others trying to sell their domains at a higher price elsewhere, and then have those "frontrunning' sellers buy the domain at retail price from the actual owner. If that is what your platform provides, please let me know. You should provide the option, though for actual owners to decline this or provide some type of permission with a percentage of the markup to the real owners when such a sale occurs.

You have a large, popular marketplace. You were trying to correct this problem before, alluding to having stricter verifcation measures. Will this be happening soon?

Last edited:
•••
@LaszloSchenk I'm just reporting that a name I'm supposed to list in .io was accidentally submitted as a .com, but even after that that wrong name in .com was successfully listed at Afternic which shouldn't have happened because the .com is a developed website so no NS pointing to DAN. I've already delist it promptly to avoid any erroneous sales.

Sorry I forgot to take screenshots because I was in a hurry to take it down when I discovered it after a recheck but I'll PM the names.

So for other DAN users who invested in more than 1 TLD, better cross check your portfolio just in case.

EDIT: just to add that there was also DAN traffic recorded on the .com even though I never owned the .com

Last edited:
•••
I wish DAN would have operations and customer support over the weekend. Hire someone for the weekends. I've had 2 sales this year happen on a Friday and we've had to wait on the transaction. The last buyer was an end-user and he was starting to panic because he was expecting the domain to be in his possession as soon as he made payment.
Good morning @sbweb,

We do offer support during the weekends for transfers. However, the limited support is not at the same speed and frequency as on business days.

Best regards,

•••
@LaszloSchenk I'm just reporting that a name I'm supposed to list in .io was accidentally submitted as a .com, but even after that that wrong name in .com was successfully listed at Afternic which shouldn't have happened because the .com is a developed website so no NS pointing to DAN. I've already delist it promptly to avoid any erroneous sales.

Sorry I forgot to take screenshots because I was in a hurry to take it down when I discovered it after a recheck but I'll PM the names.

So for other DAN users who invested in more than 1 TLD, better cross check your portfolio just in case.

EDIT: just to add that there was also DAN traffic recorded on the .com even though I never owned the .com
Good morning @eternaldomains,

Thank you for notifying us and taking care of it.
Yes, as a Dan user, you can use the integration to opt-in to any domain added to your portfolio. In turn, Afternic listing rules should determine if it can or cannot be added. We simply accommodate the option to integrate through Dan in an easy and efficient way.

That being said, if it often happens that you list domains that do not belong to you, your option to integrate will get revoked.

Enjoy the week ahead.

•••
Good morning @sbweb,

We do offer support during the weekends for transfers. However, the limited support is not at the same speed and frequency as on business days.

Best regards,
But when I click chat, it says no one available or available next day.

•••
But when I click chat, it says no one available or available next day.

I received a non-automated message yesterday (Sunday) regarding a domain transfer, so there's definitely some support available. But probably not live support.

•••
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but the GoDaddy logo is not dominant anymore on Mobile. The Dan logo is now dominant. I was about to move all my names to Dan landers, but not sure anymore. Any plans to make the GoDaddy logo dominant on the sales lander, Mobile & PC @LaszloSchenk ?

Last edited:
•••
Still says a godaddy brand, on mobile and i think it looks great
Doesn't have to be dominating
I like how the next button is right above the fold too

•••
Back