IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When the afternic selling price will be included in the csv ?

•••
And please stop making the design even uglier and work with a decent UI/UX expert.

While I wouldn't word it exactly that way....

Then again, adding in extraneous data that pushes the Transaction Activity list to the bottom half of the page is bordering on design insanity. Someone needs to fix that.

Last edited:
•••
I just realized that the "Buyer Control Panel" also needs a proper redesign;

There are too many unnecessary spaces on the page.
The current status of the process and the follow-up of transactions are not clear at first glance.
A design that encourages and facilitates purchasing is essential.

•••
If the commission for Afternic listings is 20 percent even for expensive domains, it would be good to be able to have a function in the Integrations section at Dan where we can enable Afternic integration only for names up to e.g. $5,000. Because GoDaddy starts lowering their commission at $5,001.

I know it is possible to bulk manage the Afternic listings, but this way it would be automatic, and we would not need to worry about paying more than if we listed through Afternic ourselves.

•••
When the afternic selling price will be included in the csv ?
Good morning @davidc1,

This request has already been issued to our technical team. We will let you know as soon as any developments take place regarding this.

All the best,

•••
If the commission for Afternic listings is 20 percent even for expensive domains, it would be good to be able to have a function in the Integrations section at Dan where we can enable Afternic integration only for names up to e.g. $5,000. Because GoDaddy starts lowering their commission at $5,001.

I know it is possible to bulk manage the Afternic listings, but this way it would be automatic, and we would not need to worry about paying more than if we listed through Afternic ourselves.
Good morning @Embrand,

Thank you for your request.

This has been relayed to our product team for you. For the time being, you can already use your bulk tools to disable any listings you no longer wish to incorporate into the network. Use the checker boxes to select all domains, select distribution from the bottom bulk toolbar, and disable the functionality.

Enjoy the weekend ahead.

•••
@LaszloSchenk Looking at comments from users, it seems clear that the DAN domains for sale (admin view) needs improvement for better user interface. Ability to change/hide/rearrange columns and save it so we don't have to do it every time we login and view. It should be saved on the DAN server side so that when users login again the saved column views remain intact. Please explain how this does not make sense.

•••
@LaszloSchenk Looking at comments from users, it seems clear that the DAN domains for sale (admin view) needs improvement for better user interface. Ability to change/hide/rearrange columns and save it so we don't have to do it every time we login and view. It should be saved on the DAN server side so that when users login again the saved column views remain intact. Please explain how this does not make sense.
Good morning @Maxxo,

Thank you for sharing your concerns. With this change, are you referring to the My Domains section where you can enable/disable certain columns? When I currently try to reproduce it by disabling some columns and log out and back in again, the columns remain deactivated for me.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:
•••
@LaszloSchenk

Can you give us please step by step guide of how to do Google Analytics with Dan.com

In Google Analytics there is no more Tracking ID, there is Data stream instead

When I use StreamID in Dan I get error "Invalid Tracking ID"

•••
@LaszloSchenk

Can you give us please step by step guide of how to do Google Analytics with Dan.com

In Google Analytics there is no more Tracking ID, there is Data stream instead

When I use StreamID in Dan I get error "Invalid Tracking ID"
Good morning @Ostrados,

The users on the platform can link their GA either through the Tracking ID or measurement ID. Are both options no longer available to you?

•••
Good morning @Ostrados,

The users on the platform can link their GA either through the Tracking ID or measurement ID. Are both options no longer available to you?

This is how it looks like now in Google Analytics (There is no Tracking ID):

Untitled-2.jpg

According to Google support you need to create Universal Property to get Tracking ID (that starts with UA-)
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/9539598?hl=en

But in GA they also mention that Universal Property will be deprecated next year!
1669106504015.png

Things are changing in GA so you need to introduce Stream ID (which replaces Tracking ID) in DAN sooner or later.

Last edited:
•••
Hello Laszlo.
Is it possible for devs at Dan to make to display BIN but at same time force Lease to Own?
I think this is good when you can't accept huge ammounts of money at once, also to set the starting ammount of leasing for example from 10 months and up, so that buyer can't select 2, 3, 4 and etc months, he will be able to select from 10 and up to the available months.
This will be editable per domain, some radio button Force leasing and in this case the BIN button will not display only leasing or if buyer wants he can rent the domain if he not want to lease it.
Hope you understand what I mean.

Last edited:
•••
This is how it looks like now in Google Analytics (There is no Tracking ID):

Show attachment 227376

According to Google support you need to create Universal Property to get Tracking ID (that starts with UA-)
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/9539598?hl=en

But in GA they also mention that Universal Property will be deprecated next year!
Show attachment 227375

Things are changing in GA so you need to introduce Stream ID (which replaces Tracking ID) in DAN sooner or later.
Good morning @Ostrados,

I will relay this to our product team for you. In the meantime, could you try to utilise the Measurement ID instead to see if this still grants insights into the information needed?

•••
Hello Laszlo.
Is it possible for devs at Dan to make to display BIN but at same time force Lease to Own?
I think this is good when you can't accept huge ammounts of money at once, also to set the starting ammount of leasing for example from 10 months and up, so that buyer can't select 2, 3, 4 and etc months, he will be able to select from 10 and up to the available months.
This will be editable per domain, some radio button Force leasing and in this case the BIN button will not display only leasing or if buyer wants he can rent the domain if he not want to lease it.
Hope you understand what I mean.
Good morning @iTesla,

Thank you for your response.

I will relay this feature request as well. However, I do think this will be resolved with a different feature that we have on the roadmap.

Have a great day.

•••
Good morning @Ostrados,

I will relay this to our product team for you. In the meantime, could you try to utilise the Measurement ID instead to see if this still grants insights into the information needed?

I get error in DAN "wrong tracking ID"
At Dan you need to enter both tacking ID & Measurement ID

•••
Feature Request:

Can you add an option to offer the BIN at a discounted rate of the total installments price?

EX: Total installments at $2,000 or BIN at $1,800 (10% discount).

Last edited:
•••
I get error in DAN "wrong tracking ID"
At Dan you need to enter both tacking ID & Measurement ID
Hi @Ostrados,

Could you contact our support with this issue? We will be able to look into it and get this resolved.

•••
Feature Request:

Can you add an option to offer installments at a discounted rate of the BIN?

EX: BIN: $2,000 or Installments at $1,800 (10% discount).
Hi Sameh,

I will make sure to relay this request to our product team for you!

•••
EX: BIN: $2,000 or Installments at $1,800 (10% discount).
I would prefer the reverse model - 10% discount if you buy via BIN instead of instalments

•••
I would prefer the first instalment to be bigger than the rest.
For example first payment could be the 20% or 30% of the total price.
So as to encourage buyers to complete their payments

•••
Hi Sameh,

I will make sure to relay this request to our product team for you!
Actually, I meant exactly that, but I reversed it in my post. Thanks for the correction.

I edited my post.

Last edited:
•••
Interestingly, when I look at Dan landers on my computer, it still says "dan.com - A GoDaddy Brand" at the top, but when on my mobile, it now says "GoDaddy - Powered by dan.com".

•••
In theory having Afteric on/off listing is a nice feature to have. However I'm experiencing errors/conflicts on multiple domains when trying to enable Afternic listing after setting the Afternic buy price. The error in Afternic status column says "Already Listed. (Listing Failure)". I double checked my Godaddy, Afternic, Sedo, Uniregistry, etc accounts to make sure that none of those domains were actively listed for sale. They may have been listed as Godaddy auctions at some point in the past, then removed. I dunno. I've enabled the Afternic distribution feature in DAN settings. Am I missing something? Is anyone else experiencing this? Do I need to go back to the domains in question and add DAN txt file to fix it? Once DAN allows a domain to be listed, it seems they give benefit of doubt that the domain owner is listing it. So why not be consistent and do the same for the Afternic enable feature.

•••
In theory having Afteric on/off listing is a nice feature to have. However I'm experiencing errors/conflicts on multiple domains when trying to enable Afternic listing after setting the Afternic buy price. The error in Afternic status column says "Already Listed. (Listing Failure)". I double checked my Godaddy, Afternic, Sedo, Uniregistry, etc accounts to make sure that none of those domains were actively listed for sale. They may have been listed as Godaddy auctions at some point in the past, then removed. I dunno. I've enabled the Afternic distribution feature in DAN settings. Am I missing something? Is anyone else experiencing this? Do I need to go back to the domains in question and add DAN txt file to fix it? Once DAN allows a domain to be listed, it seems they give benefit of doubt that the domain owner is listing it. So why not be consistent and do the same for the Afternic enable feature.
I want my listings to be controlled by me on both AN and Dan. If I list on AN first, this works. If I list on DAN first, then it creates the AN listing for me, which isn't a huge deal, but I'd prefer to keep it consistent.

I get the same message that you get when I have the AN listing completed first. I also get that message when someone else has the domain listed on AN before I clear the old listing out through customer service.

I do use the DAN text records so that everything goes through without issue on DAN, even if someone else has it listed. The text record trumps their listing and mine will go through. Because I want them listed separately (and controlled separately) I don't want the AN listing to push through from DAN if I already have them listed at AN myself.

•••
I have verified domain at DAN but they are asking to prove it again on Afternic. This is crazy man!

•••
Back