Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

NameSilo
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The link of seller you posted in quote that was my post does indeed have one of my assets¿ listed along with others.
Stevie Wonder could see whats going on with that account but it remains open for business as usual. They deleted the similar one.

•••
Is this still an account-wide setting or can you choose by domain?

I ask because I have many local ccTLD domains that would never benefit (and I would end up paying more for type-in buyers), but also some .COM/.ORG/etc. that could "accelerate" with the network.
Good morning,

This is not offered on a per domain name basis yet but this will change in the near future.

Best regards,

•••
Good morning @tonyk2000 & @MasterOfMyDomain,

Thank you for bringing this. to our attention. For future references, if you do encounter such accounts please contact our support directly to have it tackled faster. These particular sellers have been taken care of.

Thank you for your patience on this matter.

•••
Anyone else getting this error

500 Internal Server Error
If you are the administrator of this website, then please read this web application's log file and/or the web server's log file to find out what went wrong.

Its ok now but I have gotten this message a few times.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for taking care of those sellers. Not sure what your protocol is for taking care of those kind of sellers but I see my domain is still listed at dan in this persons account.
Remove it, I want to see who adds it next
https://dan.com/buy-domain/thebluevirus.com
Good morning @tonyk2000 & @MasterOfMyDomain,

Thank you for bringing this. to our attention. For future references, if you do encounter such accounts please contact our support directly to have it tackled faster. These particular sellers have been taken care of.

Thank you for your patience on this matter.

•••
If DAN wants to stop this, this would be trivial:

1. Find a few unused domains in DAN's own portfolio, or ask a few trusted sellers to donate some to DAN (which they are not planning to renew).

2. Transfer the domains to dynadot and namesilo for example, and list them @ local marketplaces with BIN (and cheap).

3. Relax and wait.

4. As soon as somebody adds these domains to DAN - simply close this account.

5. Delete the domains from DAN.

5. Relax and wait for the next fraudster.

So, does DAN want to stop this?

•••
4. As soon as somebody adds these domains to DAN - simply close this account.
That's a big assumption someone would add a random domain. There must be a better way.

•••
That's a big assumption someone would add a random domain. There must be a better way.
99% of domains I listed on dyna and/or namesilo (as well as afternic and GD auctions) appeared on DAN very fast and with no action required on my part. Which is why I was forced to open DAN account...

Last edited:
•••
Now that Dan is a GoDaddy brand, is it OK to list domains as BIN on both the DAN and the Afternic marketplaces? And would that include the Afternic Fast Transfer domains?
I would think this really could improve sales.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for taking care of those sellers. Not sure what your protocol is for taking care of those kind of sellers but I see my domain is still listed at dan in this persons account.
Remove it, I want to see who adds it next
https://dan.com/buy-domain/thebluevirus.com
Good morning @MasterOfMyDomain,

It is our pleasure. There are a few additional actions that our team has to perform before the account is closed in full. It will be concluded today.

We appreciate all the recommendations but as indicated several times before on this thread, we have multiple things in the making to lower/prevent the number of faulty listings. I will make sure to notify everyone in this thread as soon as these changes have been implemented!

All the best,

•••
Hi @LaszloSchenk, please Dan.com give us an option for Enable or Disable Trustpilot from our dashboard. Please consider this.. many thanks 🙏
trustp.jpeg

•••
Good morning @ET76,

Thank you for your message.

I do not think this option will be granted anytime soon. May I ask why you feel the need to disable this?

Last edited:
•••
Good morning @ET76,

Thank you for your message.

I do not think this option will be granted anytime soon. May I ask why you feel the need to disable this?
IMHO, negative reviews can reduce trust especially if the potential buyer is a real end-user.

•••
IMHO, negative reviews can reduce trust especially if the potential buyer is a real end-user.
Good morning @ET76,

I fully agree. However, looking at the broader picture, you can see we scored a 4.7 out of 5, with a total of 5,040 reviews generated. There will always be bad reviews to be found, but many of them are not legitimate and will be removed within a very short time. The latest 1-star reviews involve expired domains where former owners claim that Dan stole the domains afterward. These reviews are disputed and will get removed over time.

All the best,

•••
Are buyers told that a seller's counter-offer releases them from their 7 day commitment?

Looks like from the ToS any buyer offer remains binding for 7 days, whereas seller can withdraw any counter offer.

The ToS are here: https://dan.com/terms_of_use
Hi @LaszloSchenk - can you clarify this one for me?

Because I don't see what buyers are told, and sometimes they just reject a counter offer instantly and I am not sure they understand that a) they can still make a counter-offer after that and b) the seller can no longer accept buyer's original offer - it has been cancelled.

Sometimes I have had to prompt buyers to make another offer and I was not sure they understood that they could make one, and why they would need to offer againe to keep their offer alive.

•••
Good morning @ET76,

I fully agree. However, looking at the broader picture, you can see we scored a 4.7 out of 5, with a total of 5,040 reviews generated. There will always be bad reviews to be found, but many of them are not legitimate and will be removed within a very short time. The latest 1-star reviews involve expired domains where former owners claim that Dan stole the domains afterward. These reviews are disputed and will get removed over time.

All the best,
Thanks @LaszloSchenk for the explanation, your explanation is very helpful.

•••
Soon, additional processes will be introduced that will reduce the chances of any such listers appearing again significantly as well.
@LaszloSchenk
I found at least one of my current domains listed with this seller (same suspect price point that was noted before $650)
https://dan.com/domain-seller/b7eb6c35-f469-47df-b3e1-2427d3c078fc?&results=50&order_by=relevance

Instead of saying which domain it is, I'd love to know how you'll verify which listings belong to this seller and which ones don't.

•••
@LaszloSchenk
I found at least one of my current domains listed with this seller (same suspect price point that was noted before $650)
https://dan.com/domain-seller/b7eb6c35-f469-47df-b3e1-2427d3c078fc?&results=50&order_by=relevance

Instead of saying which domain it is, I'd love to know how you'll verify which listings belong to this seller and which ones don't.
Good morning @Way3,

Thank you for mentioning this. It would be rather productive if you mention which domain name is involved so that we can tackle it promptly. As indicated before, we have our own verifications upon signup and adding domains, mind the grace period. Once listed, it is the owner's responsibility to make sure that any expired domain is removed from their portfolio. Still, with a more extensive portfolio, there always is a chance that one overlooks a listing. If you mention the domain name involved, we will also go through the entire seller's portfolio and ensure a clean-up.

We look forward to hearing from you.

•••
On a spot view, this $650 seller is a reincarnation of another $650 seller (also China-based), which account was reported as closed a few pages ago.

•••
Page views do not seem to be updating at the moment anyone else?
Typed in a couple of my domains which would normally show almost immediately as viewed but it did not happen.

•••
Good morning @Way3,

Thank you for mentioning this. It would be rather productive if you mention which domain name is involved so that we can tackle it promptly. As indicated before, we have our own verifications upon signup and adding domains, mind the grace period. Once listed, it is the owner's responsibility to make sure that any expired domain is removed from their portfolio. Still, with a more extensive portfolio, there always is a chance that one overlooks a listing. If you mention the domain name involved, we will also go through the entire seller's portfolio and ensure a clean-up.

We look forward to hearing from you.

I estimate that (minimum) 1 million domain names are currently listed by frontrunners. Listing my domain names & else for sale @ Dan. That's a fact, not fiction.

Regards

•••
I see Name Pro client of yours removed my name on his own. Thanks buddy. Keep reading
The $650 client and that acct in chinese with 250k names, why do we have to tell you the name?
Sounds like your not capable of confirming ownership.
Someone found a loophole, not agreeing to terms of service when adding names.
Add the fact your just to nice, everything is a mistake.
I dont enjoy exposing this in public, but you have a real problem here and it should be priority one.

Hate doing this seriously. Epik is dead, afternic sucks, your cream of the crop. And Dutch farmers plant 5% of their farmland in flowers for bee’s. How can we not love you.
“ duplicator content u can track like a hound born to sniff” see how long it takes for that in quotations to be indexed in google
Thats how I found all names drop lister 2 has and same as your xyz portfolio, all names, bee lover, you know who you are and your name aint crowsus.

•••
Hello all,

is there somebody who made a sale through the Domain Distribution Network with the 20% fee ?

•••
Thank you for mentioning this. It would be rather productive if you mention which domain name is involved so that we can tackle it promptly.
By "rather productive" I'll assume you mean easier for you. I won't mention the name as I'm fairly certain there are others with this "seller." And as it follows the aforementioned pattern of issues (location, price point) I don't take the this-must-be-a-one-off approach as being in good faith.

The whole point is to (re) instill confidence in the community that your process actually works - your process doesn't include me as I don't work for Dan/GoDaddy.

•••
Hello all,

is there somebody who made a sale through the Domain Distribution Network with the 20% fee ?
I'm also considering this option, but I can't see anywhere where it shows which registrars and marketplaces are included in this network.

I'm also listed at Afternic, but if I could just manage everything from DAN, it would save me a lot of time.

Also would be helpful to be able to bulk adjust prices instead of one-by-one as it is time consuming. I'd have to adjust prices if I'm paying more in commissions. For example - increase all prices by a certain %.

@LaszloSchenk

Last edited:
•••
Back