Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dan.com product update #6 is live!

Read more here: https://medium.com/undeveloped/dan-com-product-update-6-f965d57bbc31

Or check out our product update video here:
What if my names are already listed through my Afternic account? Can I delete these if I prefer to sell at Dan (for various reasons)?

Great that you will soon allow us to have all our purchases in the same account as well. This is a feature I have missed - especially to get an overview of purchases made in installments.

Nice video, by the way :)

Last edited:
•••
@LaszloSchenk When using Godaddy parking at Dan.com, after clicking the 'this domain is for sale' link when viewing a specific domain, the visitor then arrives to an afternic inquiry page and not to Dan.com. That's weird. Why don't links in parked domains lead to Dan.com? When a BIN is set for such a domain at Dan.com, the visitor doesn't even see the BIN or installment options. And sellers (I'm presuming) have to pay Afternic's higher fees and not Dan.com's lower fees if there's a sale. Can you please clarify?

Last edited:
•••
I have no idea what's going on here, but Dan seems to have changed the formatting of the Notes feature.

I have hit Enter, Shift-Enter, Enter Enter, Enter Space, Enter Enter Enter Enter Enter Enter Enter Enter Enter Enter Enter Enter Enter, but nothing creates a carriage return like the previous iterations of Dan.

How can I easily achieve something like this:

XYZ is a word defined as ABC and examples of this include "Blah, Blah Blah"

Taken from Oxford Dictionary

Before both Enter and Shift-Enter supported actual line spacing functions, but now nothing seems to.

@LaszloSchenk

Last edited:
•••
Shit, it looks like the Notes at Dan are now entirely HTML so to get even the most basic formatting, you have to fully code your text. (n)

Instead of WYSIWYG you now have to add HTML code to make anything work in Notes. At the very least, make Shift-Enter automatically a <br> and Enter a </p><p> like it was originally.

Gee, like I didn't have enough extra work to do before, but now I have to dredge up my old HTML skills to add text on Dan. :xf.rolleyes:

Everything was so simple before, but with these 3 extra pages of complexity + HTML coding, it's now 10X harder to do perform even the most basic tasks.

Last edited:
•••
What if my names are already listed through my Afternic account? Can I delete these if I prefer to sell at Dan (for various reasons)?
@LaszloSchenk
I am also curious about this answer. And suppose my domain name has been added by someone else on afternic, will that listing be automatically deleted? If so it would be nice. I use txt verification on Dan.com anyway so I don't have to send email to afternic every time to prove I own the domain name.

It would be nice if we could increase the prices of domain names on the distribution network 11% (but not at Dan.com) so we can charge more commission fees to buyer.

•••
Shit, it looks like the Notes at Dan are now entirely HTML so to get even the most basic formatting, you have to fully code your text. (n)
You might be looking at a bug and not a feature. Why not wait for them to respond to your previous question ?

•••
Nice updates.

A few questions
1. Will Dan's Afternic integration automatically opt-in to Fast Transfer for eligible domains?
2. How does the sale process and commission differ if a domain sells through Dan's Afternic integration?
3. Will Sedo MLS integration be added soon?

If Afternic Fast Transfer and Sedo integration is added, I would seriously consider moving all my domains to Dan just for the ease of using one platform to sell domains.

•••
You might be looking at a bug and not a feature. Why not wait for them to respond to your previous question ?

Because I just happen to have a couple of hundred domain updates to do today and with this convoluted update, they have absolutely cooked the free time I put aside to do this, and probably won't get to it for a few weeks now.

And it looks like it's on purpose (old listings are now converted to HTML code), like some "squeaky wheel" said, "Why can't I use HTML code in my notes" so Dan naturally did it without understanding the obvious repercussions.

Selling domains on Dan is like dating a classic paranoid multi-personalities girl - you can't count on consistency or stability for any period of time, and you wake up every day not know what you're gonna get. And the changes can be so drastic.

Last edited:
•••
Dan charges an extra 4% for Paypal on payouts above $2000. When was this implemented?
Since at least March 1 of this year. Made a big sale and changed payout to wire because DAN brought this to my attention then

•••
Selling domains on Dan is like dating a classic paranoid multi-personalities girl - you can't count on consistency or stability for any period of time, and you wake up every day not know what you're gonna get. And the changes can be so drastic.
LOL.

•••
3. Will Sedo MLS integration be added soon?
I doubt this. It's competing MLS platforms as Dan is now a Godaddy company.

•••
Afternic integration!!

What about double listing, fees and unsupported extensions!!!!

•••
Instead of WYSIWYG you now have to add HTML code to make anything work in Notes. At the very least, make Shift-Enter automatically a <br> and Enter a </p><p> like it was originally.
Thanks for mentioning this.

I think HTML is actually very handy for the domain descriptions. I'm uploading these descriptions in bulk through CSV, and didn't use HTML for this in the past, but will now do so for starting new paragraphs, and some more formatting.

But, if an unexpected change has disrupted your usual way of working with descriptions, that is indeed not good.

Last edited:
•••
@LaszloSchenk any news when the dan credit hold system b4.payout wll be added? I think u even said b4 beginning 2022. tnx

•••

Great that you will soon allow us to have all our purchases in the same account as well. This is a feature I have missed - especially to get an overview of purchases made in installments.

Nice video, by the way :)
I have no idea what's going on here, but Dan seems to have changed the formatting of the Notes feature.

I have hit Enter, Shift-Enter, Enter Enter, Enter Space, Enter Enter Enter Enter Enter Enter Enter Enter Enter Enter Enter Enter Enter, but nothing creates a carriage return like the previous iterations of Dan.

How can I easily achieve something like this:

XYZ is a word defined as ABC and examples of this include "Blah, Blah Blah"

Taken from Oxford Dictionary

Before both Enter and Shift-Enter supported actual line spacing functions, but now nothing seems to.

@LaszloSchenk
Good morning @DomainRecap,

Thank you for notifying us.

This issue was reported yesterday as well and relayed to our technical team who is working on a fix as we speak. It will be resolved on a very short notice!

Thank you for bearing with us.

•••
•••
Good morning all,

I found several questions involving the Afternic DLS Network update we posted in our latest product update.

As this is a upcoming product update, we cannot cover all posted questions yet. What we can already inform you about is the following:

- The commission will remain the same as you currently pay for the Open Domain Distribution Network. There will be no such thing as a double fee.

- If a domain is residing in your portfolio with us, opted in for the Open Domain Distribution Network, and sold through the Afternic DLS Network, we will take care of the processing of your transaction exactly like we do it now.

- As a seller you will also be able to select which domain names will be opted in for the network.

A more elaborate and informative blogpost containing all the ins and outs will be released as soon as this product update takes place!

Have a great day.

•••
@LaszloSchenk When using Godaddy parking at Dan.com, after clicking the 'this domain is for sale' link when viewing a specific domain, the visitor then arrives to an afternic inquiry page and not to Dan.com. That's weird. Why don't links in parked domains lead to Dan.com? When a BIN is set for such a domain at Dan.com, the visitor doesn't even see the BIN or installment options. And sellers (I'm presuming) have to pay Afternic's higher fees and not Dan.com's lower fees if there's a sale. Can you please clarify?
Good morning @SuperBrander,

Thank you for reporting this.

Please contact our support by chat or email to get this resolved. This should not happen and some configurations should be off when this happens. Our support will be able to help you resolve this!

Have a nice day.

•••
If a domain is residing in your portfolio with us, opted in for the Open Domain Distribution Network,
How DAN will solve ownership conflicts on Afternic end if a fraudster (and, you still have a lot) enables the domain he does not own for Afternic distribution? WIll legitimate Afternic listing be removed (replaced by DAN listing)?

•••
@LaszloSchenk

As others noticed there is an extra 4% fee on top of commission for Paypal payouts over 2k. Other marketplaces can send bigger Paypal payouts without any fee so why can't Dan? Can Dan look into removing this fee?

•••
This issue was reported yesterday as well and relayed to our technical team who is working on a fix as we speak. It will be resolved on a very short notice!

Thanks for the update.

On the other issue of a 1-page all-in-one Domain Details section being expanded to 4 pages, is there any way to compress that, as really, 4 full pages are certainly not needed to edit a single domain and some of them are mostly empty of real data.

Not to mention that Page 1 is a full duplicate of what you can already do through the Domain List, and even if you have a serious desire to include it, this should not be Page 1.

Page 1 should be actual DOMAIN DETAILS, like the Domain Name, Domain Notes, Bids/Leads, Categories and other details that cannot be easily viewed or adjusted using the Domain List columns.

Last edited:
•••
I saw this issue mentioned on Twitter, but I just realized that Dan deleted the actual "visitor count" for the current month and all we have are the average and last month's total.

This is a weird deletion as I regularly have a big traffic jump on some domains and I like to see the accurate number of visits for the most recent month/period.

Plus Dan has added a convoluted three extra Domain Detail pages, yet we are losing data? Huh.

Last edited:
•••
HI just a quick query here about how binding offers are and at what point you can still make a counter-offer. Not sure if something changed while I wasn't looking or if I am confusing this with Sedo's process.

If you make a counter-offer can you still accept buyer's initial offer? I think not, but the ToS don't seem to spell this out. Are buyers told that a seller's counter-offer releases them from their 7 day commitment?

If as seller you make a counter offer and that is ignored, or declined, can you make a new counter offer? I thought you couldn't, at least before, but a make counter offer button is visible now when your counter-offer is rejected.

Looks like from the ToS any buyer offer remains binding for 7 days, whereas seller can withdraw any counter offer.

The ToS are here: https://dan.com/terms_of_use
6.1 Every bid or offer that the Client and/or User places on a domain name which is offered for sale and/or placed on the Website is legally binding. A bid or offer can therefore not be revoked. If the bid or offer is accepted by the Provider, the bidding party is obliged to cooperate in submitting payment and transferring the domain name within the set timeframe.
6.3 Every bid or offer placed by the User is valid for a duration of 7 days.

6.4 The Provider is entitled to revoke an offer or counter offer within 7 days after placing the bid, offer or counter offer [if the bid, offer or counter offer has not already been accepted].
Provider presumably only means seller, how could a seller have made an offer rather than counter-offer?

This on domaingang is interesting - a bid below asking price is binding of course:
https://domaingang.com/domain-news/...s-are-binding-even-if-they-dont-meet-the-bin/

•••
How DAN will solve ownership conflicts on Afternic end if a fraudster (and, you still have a lot) enables the domain he does not own for Afternic distribution? WIll legitimate Afternic listing be removed (replaced by DAN listing)?
Good morning @tonyk2000,

Before we will opt into the Afternic DLS Network multiple changes with regards to the inventory will be released to ensure this will no longer be a problem. However, as indicated, more information will become available on the roll-out and setup at a later stage.

Enjoy the weekend ahead!

•••
@LaszloSchenk

As others noticed there is an extra 4% fee on top of commission for Paypal payouts over 2k. Other marketplaces can send bigger Paypal payouts without any fee so why can't Dan? Can Dan look into removing this fee?
Hi Janoss,

Thank you for your message.

We offer a a multitude of alternative payout options as well. Unfortunately, we cannot remove this fee for Paypal payouts above the $2,000. At Dan we already incur the payment processing fees and maintain one of the lowest overall commissions available for the combined services we offer. Incurring the cost of Paypal payout processing fees above the $2,000 would be too significant for us.

Best regards,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back