Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@DAN.COM
@frank-germany

I think you would appreciate and understand each other after having a casual meeting inside DAN's office.

Last edited:
•••
Why not just send the payment to payoneer account?

•••
I was looking forward for Payoneer payout integration feature but sad to see the way it's implemented. Only bank transfer option is available instead of withdrawal to Payoneer wallet. SquadHelp, BrandBucket all have Payoneer wallet integration so sellers get payment directly to their Payoneer account balnce and from there they can do whatever they want like make payment, purchase using Payoneer card or withdraw to bank account.

I don't see much difference between Dan default bank transfer and Payoneer bank transfer. Payoneer will charge $3 per withdraw and further 1-2% currency conversion fee. Both payout option will result seller getting their payment in their bank account. No significant changes.
The Payoneer integration should be 100%. like sellers gets payout to their PayPal wallet, crypto wallet and Payoneer wallet.
Same here. I've been looking for this since DAN announced it a few months back. Payoneer asks me to add a Bank Account to receive payments from DAN. I added the US bank account provided by Payoneer; they didn't accept it. What a huge disappointment. Why is Payoneer Balance not an option on the initial setup?!

•••
Same here. I've been looking for this since DAN announced it a few months back. Payoneer asks me to add a Bank Account to receive payments from DAN. I added the US bank account provided by Payoneer; they didn't accept it. What a huge disappointment. Why is Payoneer Balance not an option on the initial setup?!
That's because you are supposed to use your own bank account and not the virtual account Payoneer issues out

•••
That's because you are supposed to use your own bank account and not the virtual account Payoneer issues out
What's the point then?!

•••
Why not just send the payment to payoneer account?

When connecting Payoneer you have two options:

1: To connect an existing Payoneer account. When you do this the payouts will be sent directly to your payoneer account as a balance.

2: To create a new payout account, the payments will then directly be sent to your bank account.

•••
I was looking forward for Payoneer payout integration feature but sad to see the way it's implemented. Only bank transfer option is available instead of withdrawal to Payoneer wallet. SquadHelp, BrandBucket all have Payoneer wallet integration so sellers get payment directly to their Payoneer account balnce and from there they can do whatever they want like make payment, purchase using Payoneer card or withdraw to bank account.

I don't see much difference between Dan default bank transfer and Payoneer bank transfer. Payoneer will charge $3 per withdraw and further 1-2% currency conversion fee. Both payout option will result seller getting their payment in their bank account. No significant changes.
The Payoneer integration should be 100%. like sellers gets payout to their PayPal wallet, crypto wallet and Payoneer wallet.

See our previous post. It's not our integration but how Payoneer works.

When you connect your existing Payoneer account the funds we payout are sent to your account as a balance. When you create a new payout account the funds are sent directly to your bank account.

•••
See our previous post. It's not our integration but how Payoneer works.

When you connect your existing Payoneer account the funds we payout are sent to your account as a balance. When you create a new payout account the funds are sent directly to your bank account.

Correction, apparently Payoneer changed their approach and accidentally provided us with the wrong information. We're in discussion with them now on how to enable payouts to be sent directly to Payoneer balances.

It seems a lot of processes have changed at Payoneer since we started integrating their solution. It's unfortunate as we aimed to introduce more efficient payouts to a large seller basis that would benefit from this integration.

•••
Correction, apparently Payoneer changed their approach and accidentally provided us with the wrong information. We're in discussion with them now on how to enable payouts to be sent directly to Payoneer balances.

It seems a lot of processes have changed at Payoneer since we started integrating their solution. It's unfortunate as we aimed to introduce more efficient payouts to a large seller basis that would benefit from this integration.

Thanks. Hopefully it will be solved so that sellers get their payout in Payoneer balance.

•••
•••
Just looking into dan, how do I set up a bring your own lead transaction with a 12-month payment plan?

•••
Just looking into dan, how do I set up a bring your own lead transaction with a 12-month payment plan?
I think it's been answered before on here. If you bring a lead and he/she is paying in installments, then the 5% commission doesn't apply. The normal 9% will have to be paid

Last edited:
•••
just found nice feature I might use.

let's see.how many of u actually knew what happens.if u enable the pr button next to domain

•••

let's see.how many of u actually knew what happens.if u enable the pr button next to domain
I just tried it on a couple of mine - 1 with make offer only and 1 with BIN + make offer.

It removed those options and gives only the Price Request (PR) option.

•••

Do you mean the price request? I tried it but don't really like it.

•••
Dan, can you tell us when you plan to fix this resolving issue, for example you can say April 1st 2025.
You have tons of tools for sellers, but the most important one is missing: allow domains to resolve to pages under dan.com, instead of domain.tld. Otherwise, a high percent (maybe more than 50 percent) of business is lost, because domains just don't resolve.
We were using a paid DNS service (3 figures per year) for our big site on a dedicated server, and they only allowed 10 domains to be hosted there. You allow millions,.. and they don't resolve, not surprising.

Last edited:
•••
Do you mean the price request? I tried it but don't really like it.

yes
well.. let's just say it's not the most.obvious thing on earth..so I didn't know about it til i saw this dudes sale.on namebio today at 60k...

www.nam.es

maybe he is here

anyway.. I like to keep everything makeoffer so.maybe a price request is actually a better way to weed.out the many spam nonpayers.on dan...

I mean I think.it.makes.sense to assume someone making pricerequest is bit more serious.than.the dude making.20k offer and never Intending to pay

thoughts guys?

•••
I mean I think.it.makes.sense to assume someone making pricerequest is bit more serious.than.the dude making.20k offer and never Intending to pay

thoughts guys?
I would prefer a simple "Contact Seller" option to open a dialogue between buyer and seller.

•••
I would prefer a simple "Contact Seller" option to open a dialogue between buyer and seller.

well pricereq is basically it.

•••
Swetha uses all BINs - more than 21,000 domains listed
nam.es uses price request - Less than 300 domains listed

•••
Swetha uses all BINs - more than 21,000 domains listed
nam.es uses price request - Less than 300 domains listed

I wouldn't rely.on swetha stats or.methods as reference..she is in class.apart

while most us struggle for few 4fig sales per month or few months she does few 4 and 5fig sales per week

it is utterly pointless to.try to.imitate this..in fact it is impossible to match these results

that being said I think I will give pricereq a try. I think it has strong potential to eliminate the nonpayers..or reduce.them

Last edited:
•••
•••
Yeah her pricing works because of her portfolio size. I just posted both of their portfolio for data. Someone with incoming sales can afford to put a bin on all domains. Someone with smaller portfolio can use price request / make offer.

I have had 2 price request this year. Buyer requested the price and i sent it and they decline dit and disappeared. I tried messaging them and no answer.

•••
many resolving problems today...

•••
Yeah her pricing works because of her portfolio size. I just posted both of their portfolio for data. Someone with incoming sales can afford to put a bin on all domains. Someone with smaller portfolio can use price request / make offer.

I have had 2 price request this year. Buyer requested the price and i sent it and they decline dit and disappeared. I tried messaging them and no answer.
sorry, that can't be true

>Yeah her pricing works because of her portfolio size. <<

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back