Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello @DAN.COM

Since the introduction of DAN 2.0, the "Meet the Seller" box is only visible when enabling the Brandable theme. I would like to be able to enable the "Meet the Seller" box on the Standard theme as well.

Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
Hello @DAN.COM

Since the introduction of DAN 2.0, the "Meet the Seller" box is only visible when enabling the Brandable theme. I would like to be able to enable the "Meet the Seller" box on the Standard theme as well.

Thank you.
Good morning @Future Sensors,

Thank you for your request. I will make sure to relay it to our product team.

Have a great day.

•••
Are others also experiencing slow loading of Dan pages?

•••
•••
Are others also experiencing slow loading of Dan pages?

Unworkable / timeouts. Both on landers and Dashboard.

Thu Sep 30 19:01:17 CEST 2021

•••
Unworkable / timeouts. Both on landers and Dashboard.

Thu Sep 30 19:01:17 CEST 2021

Reported this and they said it's surprising cause it doesn't appear at them.

•••
Looks that speed is normal as of now, but 10-15 minutes ago I have spent almost minute to log in...

•••
Looks that speed is normal as of now, but 10-15 minutes ago I have spent almost minute to log in...

Can confirm this. No problems any longer.

Thu Sep 30 19:40:16 CEST 2021

•••
As we speak, they're working on some improvements in the dashboard, I think (y)

•••
Good morning all,

Thank you for mentioning this.

We had a 15 minute down time but our development team made sure to get on last night to resolve the matter.

Have a great weekend ahead!

•••
•••
•••
Again...

2021-10-01-172814_1920x1080_scrot.png

UPD: works as now...

So very unstable.

Last edited:
•••
•••
@DAN.COM
How about more informative stats for your volume?
What share of $XXX sales in %?
$1K-5K sales?
Above $5K?

p.s. In the past: ~50% of Sedo sales were under $500.
I guess, nowadays their share is even higher.

Last edited:
•••
gettin' hit hard :dead:

S5CYBSQ.png

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Despite using their landers Dan is the worst performing marketplace for me. I received only 2 offers in the last 1 year.

•••
Current message on dan.com is SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG.

I guess DAN engineers are reconfiguring their servers, and wish them good luck.

Sat Oct 2 14:03:59 CEST 2021

Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM
$1K-5K sales?
Above $5K?

And what sales volume of regular domainers?
In other words, excluding parties like HugeDomains, Registries etc.

Last edited:
•••
I'm looking for something on Dan.com that I can't find. If it exists I'm sure someone here can tell me, and if not, I'd suggest Dan.com look at adding it.

Is there a public facing instalment calculator? In other words, can a non-logged in user, or a prospective buyer, go to Dan.com and see what payments could be for a price or timescale they input?

When a domain is listed at fixed price, anyone visiting the page can use the slider to see what the monthly payments would be for timescales of their choice. But not if a fixed price is not shown, afaik. What if a prospective buyer knows their monthly budget and wants to know what price they should offer to match that budget?

This isn't hypothetical - did sell a domain on instalments to someone who made an offer, since I told them in messaging that they could pay monthly, and they doubled their offer. If you close a deal that way, Dan will change the domain over to payment in instalments when you ask them to. I just want they buyer to be able to do the calculations themself before making an offer.

Last edited:
•••
I would like to know
how many of us would like to cover the 1% or 2% ourselves,
but don't like our buyers seeing the difference ?

It seems that the difference only appears for BIN pay,
not for installment pay,
so this is just for saving cost for Dan?

If I would like to pay 11% commision for BIN sale,
Dan should not charge my buyers 2% or 1% fee anymore?

Attachments

• 12.png
    12.png
    140.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM
$1K-5K sales?
Above $5K?

So you want them to reveal sales data on other peoples sales? Some of whom have the keep my sales private selected? That shouldn’t happen and won’t happen. A woman named Leanne is scraping the public data daily but thats as much as anybody is going to get imo.

I am really amused at the non stop demands to DAN who are the best as far as addressing every single complaint no matter how petty. Why don’t you ask GoDaddy for sales data? Or Afternic? 🤣

Last edited:
•••
With Epik currently burning, now would be a very good time to launch your new @DAN.COM registrar

if you didn't learn anything out of the epik disaster
you might want to learn at least one thing:

it's important to have your eggs in different baskets

•••
Despite using their landers Dan is the worst performing marketplace for me. I received only 2 offers in the last 1 year.
What was best for you?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back