IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Imo, what Dan could've done better has to do with Expectation Management. We've seen the 'Coming Soon' banner for months. Dan could have made a pre-announcement on this forum this week about the exact upcoming changes, and tell the community that other announced features will be rolled out gradually from now on. And that there may be some bugs during the launch, which can be reported and fixed soon.

It seems the main communication channel is still Twitter, but NamePros is just as important.

Last edited:
•••
Exactly. These are "Patch Note" type updates. Oh hey, we added a new font, check it out. This was teased as a HUGE release with a countdown etc.

maybe it's our fault lol
cause dan was bugged 50 times a day about releasing it... so they released major update with some new visuals and promise of new features ...later
.. whenever..

•••
There are some bugs with Dan 2.0. Dan need to resolve it for example, traffic stats for domain shows even after removing it in the settings.
This has been reported as fixed. It works on mine.

•••
Why can't people understand that the new design is just a start and they will start rolling new updates in the next weeks like stated in their blog? We should only post about bugs and errors now

•••
I'm puzzled.

I expected tools, tracking, analytics to compete with Efty.

Instead we got fonts, colors, and instead of DAN we are now Dan.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :xf.grin:

•••
I am not going to start demanding changes because something annoys me and I was expecting changes to be made.

That's what makes the world great, everyone's different.

I am very disappointed with Dan 2.0 - it has given us zero new features while adding numerous bugs and increasing buyer premiums by up to 2%. And I'm not worried about saying so.

Last edited:
•••
@Dan Great work, I like the new Dan 2.0, but the Text is not fully translated.Show attachment 195621

Can confirm this.

Bug report:

For my language, Dutch, parts of the page are in English, parts in Dutch.

Also, the Dutch translation is not correct. Example:

De simpel, veilige manier om domeinnamen te kopen

Should be "eenvoudige".

For building trust, these small translation errors can be deadly.

Please hire the best translators in Amsterdam for all languages.

Screenshot 2021-07-15 - Domain Name For Sale Dan com.png

Last edited:
•••
Why can't people understand that the new design is just a start and they will start rolling new updates in the next weeks like stated in their blog? We should only post about bugs and errors now

u seem confused what is the point to release it today... call it major update.. if it only contains small changes and rest later..whenever whatever

u do not do that...u get all or most changes in..then release it..

that's putting aside for moment that most of even these small changes aren't going well with people ...and folk talk about investing in time machines. which last I checked are not cheap.

Last edited:
•••
That's what makes the world great, everyone's different.

I am very disappointed with Dan 2.0 - it has given us zero new features while adding numerous bugs and increasing buyer premiums by up to 2%. And I'm not worried about saying so.

worried? now wouldn't that be something if any company started banning people cause they offer genuine honest opinion.. good or bad..luckily most companies have evolved beyond this primate ape behavior.

many companies pay people to find bugs... comments..we do it free.

Last edited:
•••
u seem confused what is the point to release it today... call it major update.. if it only contains small changes and rest later..whenever whatever

u do not do that...u get all or most changes in..then release it..
So with more bugs/errors and more people crying there are issues? It's easier to fix issues when updates are rolled out in small batch than a single big update like many people are crying about

Last edited:
•••
So with more bugs/errors and more people crying there are issue? It's more easy to fix issue when updates are rolled out in small batch than a singles big update like many people are crying about

trust me.. they didnt put much into this update to avoid many bugs at once..they did it cause the rest ain't ready yet.

•••
worried? now wouldn't that be something if any company started banning people cause they offer genuine honest opinion.. good or bad..luckily most companies have evolved beyond this primate ape behavior.

many companies pay people to find bugs... comments..we do it free.

Mention one company in the domain space that innovates and fixes bugs like DAN does.

Sometimes people just want to argue for nothing.

I have absolutely no doubt that for the services that Dan provides and their charges - they're one of the best in business when it comes to domain names.

It's perfectly fine for companies to launch new features in smaller batches, we heard a lot about Afternic 2.0 and so far we've only gotten a beta for listing - don't see this many people going after them or anything.

•••
Mention one company in the domain space that innovates and fixes bugs like DAN does.

Sometimes people just want to argue for nothing.

I have absolutely no doubt that for the services that Dan provides and their charges - they're one of the best in business when it comes to domain names.

It's perfectly fine for companies to launch new features in smaller batches, we heard a lot about Afternic 2.0 and so far we've only gotten a beta for listing - don't see this many people going after them or anything.

seriously? afternic? thats the best u can do? last I checked they were not the gold standard... more like bottom of innovation and changes.

yes dan is great for add lead.. 5% is competitive..I always say it. sadly for many their greatness ends there.

and no.. I've not seen any of my suggestions implemented. ...couple bugs that took forever to fix and 50 posts of begging ..like to make public folio size larger than 500.. which should be priority.

but hey I'm happy that in the parallel universe u live in dan is the ideal and opposite of all we get in our universe.

Last edited:
•••

Somehow I don't think that BETA and RELEASE mean what you think they mean. To help you out, think of it as the difference between an early movie trailer and the release of the movie itself.

Afternic has formally released nothing so far in regards to 2.0. Zip, zilch, nada. Just a sneak peek.

Last edited:
•••
Somehow I don't think that BETA and RELEASE mean what you think they mean.

Afternic has formally released nothing so far in regards to 2.0. Zip, zilch, nada.

yeah..afternic verily is the gold standard of how not to innovate or change in this industry.

Last edited:
•••
seriously? afternic? thats the best u can do? last I checked they were not the gold standard... more like bottom of innovation and changes.

yes dan is great for add lead.. 5% is competitive..I always say it. sadly for many their greatness ends there.

and no.. I've not seen any of my suggestions implemented. ...couple bugs that took forever to fix and 50 posts of begging ..like to make public folio size larger than 500.. which should be priority.

but hey I'm happy that in the parallel universe u live in dan is the ideal and opposite of all we get in our universe.

How else we're supposed to compare DAN if not with one of its most famous competitor?

We aren't talking about who is most innovative company in the world rather in domain space and more specifically in the domain landing page/marketplace space.

I can see your disappointed but most people who I have spoken with are pretty content with what they've seen, obviously all of us want a bit more and we should get some of it gradually.

Maybe your suggestions weren't acted upon because the significant majority of dan users hasn't requested or mentioned those features?

•••
I loved Dan's landers because they were, allegedly, heavily split-tested and based on hard data.. and now we've erased all of that conversion optimization and data to start fresh?

That's exactly why we haven't changed too much on the framework of the for sale pages, other than improvements that we implemented after doing more customer research with buyers & sellers.

The standard for sale page doesn't deviate away from the first Dan version.

The new brandable theme was introduced so you can use for sale pages that create an automated brandable card that looks more visually appealing than creating a sub-optimal logo to increase the perceived value of your brandable domains.

We're in a completely different shape as a company in how we design and launch new products and services. In our newsroom, you can now follow our product updates because there will be many going forward. We're growing to 50 employees at the end of this year and 60% of that team works in product development.

We're very proud of that we're handing over to you today. Play around with your settings, you can do more than it might seem with the new Dan. We do not solve all your problems but try to empower you to build a more successful domain business. Keeping that in mind, we guarantee you that everything we introduce is done with care and your interests are always included in any decision we make. This is a great product, give it a try. Change is always initially a bit hard to cope with. It took our team almost 4 months to start accepting the new look and feel. But once that sets in, you might start appreciating it :xf.smile:

•••
@DAN.COM I was just writing a bug but before I published it was already fixed. But don't worry I do have some other bugs :xf.grin:

As you can see in the picture:
1- Price must be exclusive of VAT. This happens when the domain only has the option "buy now" available.

2- Sometimes I get to see this "Estimate in Unkown". This happens sometimes, not always.

And please also solve the VAT at make offer. I still don't see "Estimated VAT overwiew" on make offer and no VAT on make offer page itself.

Last edited:
•••
Somehow I don't think that BETA and RELEASE mean what you think they mean. To help you out, think of it as the difference between an early movie trailer and the release of the movie itself.

Afternic has formally released nothing so far in regards to 2.0. Zip, zilch, nada. Just a sneak peek.

I totally understand and get your point but there are some major and significant changes.

The buyer checkout process is more clear now and we see master card, visa and PayPal logo on it which we didn't before.

The landing page has changed and so has the dashboard.

Last but not least the name change from DAN - Dan is significant IMO because it hints at the future.

Peace

•••
•••

This is almost fixed now. Should have been fixed with an earlier deployment, but as you can imagine rebuilding most of the platform changed a lot of we ran the entire deployment on a shadow network and everything was 100% working but code is written by humans and we tend to make mistakes :). We're getting there! There aren't many issues left on our to-do!

•••
This is almost fixed now. Should have been fixed with an earlier deployment, but as you can imagine rebuilding most of the platform changed a lot of we ran the entire deployment on a shadow network and everything was 100% working but code is written by humans and we tend to make mistakes :). We're getting there! There aren't many issues left on our to-do!

Cappuccinos for the whole team.

•••

This should be fixed now!

•••
Looks great so far. I hear other arent so happy. You listen thats great.
On mobile, i have text size almost maximum 8plus iphone.
The domain name would not be all in one line, maximum was 13 characters including .com. I shrunk text size its fine but i am making text size bigger as i believe many others would. Being responsive is very important. Cant wait to get inside and check things out when i finish work.

Last edited:
•••
The "Change Language" option in the footer is hardly visible on mobile, see screenshot.
Screenshot_20210715-211219_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back