IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I personally like the redesign but I'm disappointed that's all it is. The last version was also pretty great design-wise.

I expected functionality upgrades but I haven't seen any thus far.

You still can't offer/set up an installment plan via the negotiation window, still no down-payment option.

When making a test offer, I noticed buyers now have to insert a "verification token" instead of just clicking on the link to confirm their offer. I don't think that was necessary. I would've also liked to see a tab on the dashboard that includes unconfirmed offers, it's data that could add value and would cost Dan nothing to share them.

In the dan blog I see that buyers now get charged extra for paypal/credit cards, is this right @DAN.COM? Or just a test?

Due to all complaints about too many fake offers, we've indeed completely revamped our make offer flow to make sure our sellers get better-validated offers.

The checkout is revamped as well with the help of a lot of buyers that we interviewed. Can you please send us via private message including the checkout link you're using? You should get a 1% discount for paying with a wire transfer like below:

upload_2021-7-15_17-28-36.png

So when buyers pay via bank transfer, the buyer gets a 1% discount but also the seller! If the buyer pays via Bank Transfer, your commission paid to Dan automatically is lowered by 1%.

Not all payment options have an additional fee but the most expensive ones like credit cards do in the new flow.

What we've deployed today is definitely not just a visual update by the way. It might seem like that but under the hood, a lot has changed which allows us now to push more features and updates more frequently. Stay tuned! This is just an in-between update as we didn't want to shock our users too much since we know you use Dan daily.

The entire customer area will transform in the coming weeks, new for sale page themes will be introduced, and more!

Last edited:
•••
Say this to sociologists.

Sociologists? LOL That's what you go into when you fail out of Engineering, Math, Science, and Business.

Quite the brain trust.

Last edited:
•••
So what's the problem? We agree.

But it is NOT an option, it's hard-coded, hence my comments.

I'm ticked that Dan continues to listen to a "core group of domainers" while totally ignoring the masses who were quite satisfied with Dan 1.0 and simply wanted "more features".

Totally switching gears from Dan 1.X to a hard-coded "hidden reserve auction" format for all domain listings is clearly a product of insular thinking. There is no other explanation.

If they're listening to the people who sell more domain names than I sell, I have no problem with that. Maybe you're in the minority on this since they have a better view of the entire landscape and you (and I) only know our interests and form our assumptions based on those. Your interests and mine may differ from the typical Dan buyer and seller. I have no idea.

Removing the minimum amount was not something I considered or asked about, but I don't mind it. Nearly all of the offers I receive are either the minimum bid amount or just above it. Someone who is going to spend time fishing for the minimum amount they can offer by continually adjusting their offer until they can submit it is not exactly the prospective buyer I care about. They are probably going to be annoying an a negotiation and if they go away, so be it. It most likely wasn't meant to be since my minimum offers aren't something I really spend time thinking about and I almost never accept that offer when submitted.

In any case, I would be happy for Dan (and customers) to test this out to see if there is any lift % above the prior offers that were submitted at minimum. To illustrate, if 92% of Dan "make offer" submissions were exactly the minimum offer and now 80% are at the minimum offer, this is an improvement. Obviously, Dan would have to monitor the % of offers/BIN on the new landing page vs. the old landing page to ensure more people aren't falling off because they are annoyed by not knowing the minimum.

TLDR: I am willing to risk losing the annoyed prospects who are frustrated that they can't easily see the minimum offer to potentially get better opening offers from people who aren't as price sensitive or fickle.

•••
Not all payment options have an additional fee but the most expensive ones like credit cards do in the new flow.

So am I reading this correctly, and there is now a Buyer's Premium when using payment methods other than a bank transfer, such as the 2% surcharge on credit cards?

I need a time machine to go back to Dan 1.X.

•••
If they're listening to the people who sell more domain names than I sell, I have no problem with that.

My issue with this Draconian change is that it represents a 360-degree shift away from the Dan 1.X norm, and it's hardcoded with no option to change it back. BAM!

Agree or disagree with it, that's still one big tomato surprise.

And the "If they're listening to the people who sell more domain names than I sell" doesn't always wash, and it's like Coke or Pepsi only polling those who drink at least 3 cases of pop a day, then only vetting complaints like "too much carbonation" and "the sugar gave me diabetes".

Different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:
•••
Exactly, myself and many others were anticipating "Dan 1.X + lots of new features". Where are the brand new features and options that would be expected in a very-significant 2.0 rollout?

Personally, I would rather see a rollback to 1.X and then a true 2.0 rollout later on, based on a true user comment and recommendation period.

dan getting lazy ..
or they spend too much time sending vinegar cases to people heheheh

•••
•••
•••
@DAN.COM

I've noticed my Traffic Stats are still showing on all my names over and under 100+views & even when I check "show nothing". I can't seem to get it to workout.

EDIT : @DAN.COM seems it's working now! Traffic Stats are no longer showing. Thank You.

•••
I like the new Dan :xf.smile:. There are some bugs. The biggest bug I have see is that you don't have a VAT calculation when you make offer.

See:

I think you've disabled showing/using VAT in your settings, please check.

I have always enabled Vat. I've tried turning it off and on again but that didn't fix the problem.

Do other people have this problem too? I have also tried on other devices with no success.

•••
Exactly, myself and many others were anticipating "Dan 1.X + lots of new features". Where are the brand new features and options that would be expected in a very-significant 2.0 rollout?

Personally, I would rather see a rollback to 1.X and then a true 2.0 rollout later on, based on a true user comment and recommendation period.
I was also expecting additional changes. For instance, I don't like having to toggle back and forth between bank wire and PayPal depending on the size of a deal. I would also like the ability to partition off sets of my domain names into portfolios and manage those portfolios individually rather than having to modify individual names. For instance, the minimum offer can only be set at/above the lowest BIN price on the portfolio. Because I have a few liquidation names priced low, the highest minimum offer I can set is $500. I would like to have a portfolio of junk with a $500 minimum and most other inventory with a $1k minimum without having to make changes on individual names.

I hope more changes are coming. Perhaps they chose to slowly introduce changes so people don't get frustrated and overwhelmed with many changes and options.

If more changes happen, great. I am not going to start demanding changes because something annoys me and I was expecting changes to be made. The real test will be in the sales and offers Dan brings and then I can give an educated opinion with facts rather than assumptions.

•••
This is not good.
I replied to someone who mentioned this on Twitter. I just paid a 3% convenience fee to pay for a domain name I bought with a credit card on Sedo this morning. I believe GoDaddy adds a credit card fee above a certain amount as well.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Bug report:

Toggling the "Meet the Seller" setting doesn't change anything.

Last edited:
•••
@Dan Great work, I like the new Dan 2.0, but the Text is not fully translated.
DAN2.JPG

•••
On Sedo sales above $500 are charged to the buyer with additional 3% for CC/PayPal methods.
It is there for many years.

Last edited:
•••
I like the new landing pages, and the ability for customization.

However, when I select the "Default" For Sale page theme, my seller stats (Domains sold + Responds within) are not being displayed.

When I select "Brandable", I do see those stats.

•••
I was also expecting additional changes. For instance, I don't like having to toggle back and forth between bank wire and PayPal depending on the size of a deal. I would also like the ability to partition off sets of my domain names into portfolios and manage those portfolios individually rather than having to modify individual names. For instance, the minimum offer can only be set at/above the lowest BIN price on the portfolio. Because I have a few liquidation names priced low, the highest minimum offer I can set is $500. I would like to have a portfolio of junk with a $500 minimum and most other inventory with a $1k minimum without having to make changes on individual names.

I hope more changes are coming. Perhaps they chose to slowly introduce changes so people don't get frustrated and overwhelmed with many changes and options.

If more changes happen, great. I am not going to start demanding changes because something annoys me and I was expecting changes to be made. The real test will be in the sales and offers Dan brings and then I can give an educated opinion with facts rather than assumptions.

they once told me if deal over 2k then it automatically goes to bank... unless of course u put it on btc. @LaszloSchenk correct?

•••
I'm puzzled.

I expected tools, tracking, analytics to compete with Efty.

Instead we got fonts, colors, and instead of DAN we are now Dan.

•••
I'm puzzled.

I expected tools, tracking, analytics to compete with Efty.

Instead we got fonts, colors, and instead of DAN we are now Dan.

Announced new features will be rolled out gradually, this is the start of 2.0.

Last edited:
•••
Let me start off by saying I love dan, I've done more buying on their platform than selling lately, but it's generally a smooth process and everyone's helpful. On my most recent transaction, I bought a name and it was in my account in less than an hour.

With that said... <3

Maybe I was dreaming or hallucinating, but I could have sworn that one of the features for Dan 2.0 was going to be an ability to help list or at least track names in various other marketplaces and some new features to help manage our portfolios, maybe that's coming when the registrar part is ready?

Or I could be thinking of Domain.io who are teasing a similar service to help with multiple listings in various markets, but I could have sworn Dan had mentioned something in that ballpark, but maybe not! If I'm off about this, don't worry, I have other feedback :P

Either way, that's what I was really looking forward to, much more so than "Hey our control panel looks more like Squadhelp now and you can add gradients to your landing pages."

I loved Dan's landers because they were, allegedly, heavily split-tested and based on hard data.. and now we've erased all of that conversion optimization and data to start fresh?

Cool, a new logo and some design changes that had been around since at least January, a font that looks bold and claustrophobic when I view the list of names in my portfolio (Looks so much better "un-bold" like how it appears in the "Activity" section, imo.) Maybe it's better for people using smaller resolutions on their monitors, probably looks fine at 1080p. Custom fonts are cute and everything, but feels kinda unnecessary when there were much bigger changes that people had been looking forward to and had been very delayed.

It really should have been communicated better that this is a re-skin.

I guess I'll have to switch from being excited about Dan 2.0 to waiting for domain.io to launch, hopefully, somebody figures out a cohesive way to manage and list domains across multiple marketplaces with a solid home base for using our own low-fee landers. Someday...

•••
Announced new features will be rolled out gradually, this is the start of 2.0.

hmm I dont think this is how major releases are supposed to work...or how they do work.

•••
Exactly. These are "Patch Note" type updates. Oh hey, we added a new font, check it out. This was teased as a HUGE release with a countdown etc.

•••
Let me start off by saying I love dan, I've done more buying on their platform than selling lately, but it's generally a smooth process and everyone's helpful. On my most recent transaction, I bought a name and it was in my account in less than an hour.

With that said... <3

Maybe I was dreaming or hallucinating, but I could have sworn that one of the features for Dan 2.0 was going to be an ability to help list or at least track names in various other marketplaces and some new features to help manage our portfolios, maybe that's coming when the registrar part is ready?

Or I could be thinking of Domain.io who are teasing a similar service to help with multiple listings in various markets, but I could have sworn Dan had mentioned something in that ballpark, but maybe not! If I'm off about this, don't worry, I have other feedback :P

Either way, that's what I was really looking forward to, much more so than "Hey our control panel looks more like Squadhelp now and you can add gradients to your landing pages."

I loved Dan's landers because they were, allegedly, heavily split-tested and based on hard data.. and now we've erased all of that conversion optimization and data to start fresh?

Cool, a new logo and some design changes that had been around since at least January, a font that looks bold and claustrophobic when I view the list of names in my portfolio (Looks so much better "un-bold" like how it appears in the "Activity" section, imo.) Maybe it's better for people using smaller resolutions on their monitors, probably looks fine at 1080p. Custom fonts are cute and everything, but feels kinda unnecessary when there were much bigger changes that people had been looking forward to and had been very delayed.

It really should have been communicated better that this is a re-skin.

I guess I'll have to switch from being excited about Dan 2.0 to waiting for domain.io to launch, hopefully, somebody figures out a cohesive way to manage and list domains across multiple marketplaces with a solid home base for using our own low-fee landers. Someday...

what do u mean track names in various other markets?

•••
There are some bugs with Dan 2.0. Dan need to resolve it for example, traffic stats for domain shows even after removing it in the settings.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back