Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

NameSilo
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
The issue is that you have to cede nameservers to have such page. What if you want to be in control and receive emails, for example? Only the page which is advertising Dan then.

In DNS settings just create an A record with Dan's IP address, that will then show the Dan.com landing page, unless in your Dan.com account as others have said you have chosen to redirect all names at Dan.com. Then you can still use email however you like - you just have to be sure in DNS your MX records are set up correctly for your email.

•••
In DNS settings just create an A record with Dan's IP address, that will then show the Dan.com landing page, unless in your Dan.com account as others have said you have chosen to redirect all names at Dan.com. Then you can still use email however you like - you just have to be sure in DNS your MX records are set up correctly for your email.
Thanks, but there is no need for that now that I've figured out how to get this kind of page with forwarding.

Its weird because people (including me) were asking about that numerous times, but Dan would not say anything, as if they don't know themselves how their system works :bored:

•••
Dan uses this URL mentioned by me - when you enable Redirect mode in your account settings.
But it can be used anywhere as well, including various parking companies.

This is great. Do you know the address for Epik?

•••
Since yesterday I have moved my domains away from DAN
using my own Landing Page again.

lately, I had every little inquiries
and all of them extreme low ballers

yesterday I noticed that when using DAN
a lot of my traffic will be taken away from my domains
in order to search DAN's inventory
instead of my own domains

no idea if that changed lately
but I don't like it at all

when I send you my traffic
it's not because I want to promote DAN

I pay 9% commission in case of a sale
that's the compensation I accepted
for you offering a brilliant service

but my traffic is MY traffic
and meant to promote my domains
I ask you to be more respectful
and not highjacking it

Show attachment 136896

Hi Frank,

We offer multiple options for you to use our for sale pages. It seems you're now sending buyers just directly to a fixed marketplace url of ours, which of course includes the necessary details in the header.

In order to use a landing page without the search function and other DAN Marketplace elements simply either park with us using our nameservers or A-records. Both methods will solve your problem.

Alternatively, and this is not something we promote because when we change the logic on our end this setup won't work anymore:

You can add the following piece in your redirect format: ?redirected=true

However, this will only work if you first enable this feature:

upload_2019-11-25_13-26-28.png

To conclude, first enable redirects in your settings here: https://dan.com/users/settings/for_sale

Then create forward URLs like: https://dan.com/buy-domain/antiwet.com?redirected=true

to resolve the issue you raised.

Kind regards,

Dan

•••
Thanks, but there is no need for that now that I've figured out how to get this kind of page with forwarding.

Its weird because people (including me) were asking about that numerous times, but Dan would not say anything, as if they don't know themselves how their system works :bored:

Hi Don,

Our threads at Namepros are quite big. What you're referring to has been explained here at least 5 times now but gets buried easily due to the activity.

Kind regards,

Dan

•••
@DAN.COM sometimes wire arrival takes 10 minutes, sometimes 1 day. You use two different accounts for payment. Why sometimes one account? (Faster) and then next time slower wire? Why not always the faster one?

Hi Domeen,

We don't use different accounts so I'm not sure what causes the delay for you sometimes. We do know that Adyen sometimes takes longer to process payout requests that we submit on their end but we can't control exactly when they process a payout initiated via them.

Kind regards,

Dan

•••
Hi Don,

Our threads at Namepros are quite big. What you're referring to has been explained here at least 5 times now but gets buried easily due to the activity.

Kind regards,

Dan
maybe it's time for you to make a better FAQ ;)

•••
Hi Frank,

We offer multiple options for you to use our for sale pages. It seems you're now sending buyers just directly to a fixed marketplace url of ours, which of course includes the necessary details in the header.

In order to use a landing page without the search function and other DAN Marketplace elements simply either park with us using our nameservers or A-records. Both methods will solve your problem.

Alternatively, and this is not something we promote because when we change the logic on our end this setup won't work anymore:

Show attachment 137002

To conclude, first enable redirects in your settings here: https://dan.com/users/settings/for_sale

Then create forward URLs like: https://dan.com/buy-domain/antiwet.com?redirected=true

Kind regards,

Dan

thank you
thats what I'd done

upload_2019-11-25_13-38-48.png

•••
maybe it's time for you to make a better FAQ ;)

True, point taken :)

We're currently hiring additional team members for that purpose. Our team is growing 4-5 times bigger in the coming 3 months. More details about this later!

•••
thank you
thats what I'd done

Show attachment 137004
Hi Frank,

Show attachment 137002

Kind regards,

Dan

for unknown reason
it's working now

I had changed the check box
upload_2019-11-25_14-26-27.png

w/o any change in behavior
maybe this has a latency

•••
Just want to say that I'm really grateful for the attention to detail and ease of use at dan.com. My first few weeks in domaining would have been quite disheartening across the board if certain other marketplaces were the only ones setting the tone.

Haven't had a chance to read through the whole thread, but hopefully everyone has been given the benefit of a similarly positive experience. The clean/professional/beautiful design, intuitive UI, and attentive customer service have all been a breath of fresh air and are greatly appreciated.

•••
1: We do not. However, we do perform KYC on all first time sellers.

Nice looking service, I just signed up

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is a KYC?

•••
Nice looking service, I just signed up

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is a KYC?

= Know Your Customer, often an obligatory identity check for financial services.

Since it can take time and be a hurdle some places (think Escrow.com) it might be better as Keep Your Cool or Keep Your Cash.

Last edited:
•••
•••
= Know Your Customer, often an obligatory identity check for financial services.

Since it can take time and be a hurdle some places (think Escrow.com) it might be better as Keep Your Cool or Keep Your Cash.

Thanks, Ive started adding my domains at Dan, how do y'all get traffic to your listings there?

Also what are the Dan.com fees?

Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM
Is dan has any promotions for Black Friday. Cyber Monday as so many users like you.

•••
•••
•••
Just want to say thank you to @DAN.COM and @LaszloSchenk for being very helpful. Responsive customer support and fast cash-out!

•••
Quick update:

We just deployed the frequently requested feature so you can set a different currency per domain listing directly from your portfolio:

upload_2019-11-28_13-7-7.png

Kind regards,

Dan

•••
Quick update:

We just deployed the frequently requested feature so you can set a different currency per domain listing directly from your portfolio:

Show attachment 137330

Kind regards,

Dan

thanks a lot
that will help with sales

kudos for super-fast reaction to requests

PS
super-easy to use
thanks

Last edited:
•••
Thanks a lot @DAN.COM for implementing that at long last!

Also, I'm sure you already know this but just in case you don't, the instalment option appears to be set to only show when the price is set to 495, no matter the currency, and not the equivalent to the displayed $495.

Never mind, it was either a left over display on the tooltip in which refreshing shows it with the correct currency symbol, or I just never saw it right (most likely!). :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM
Is dan has any promotions for Black Friday. Cyber Monday as so many users like you.

Hi Theodore,

All organic transactions processed starting from 12:00 this evening will be charged 5% commission instead of the usual 9% for Black Friday!

Kind regards,

Reza

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back