IT.COM

question Dan : Afternic: Sedo Landing Page for 2023?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MauiMike

Impact
Happy New Year Everyone! I was wondering if you could advise me with the new recent changes made with Dan and Afternic, which landing page would you recommend using of these three? Would like to hear what you might think. Mahalo for any feedback!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wondering this as well! I have a series of domains to sell and I've never used the Dan/Sedo/Afternic approach. I was told by a friend to self verify on Sedo, then park on Dan.com and sell via Afternic––is the the best route? For reference, these are a series of domains surrounding sports betting. Thanks in advance!!!

•••
Briefly, let me say simply that using the "Big Three" now is questionable, since Dan and Afternic have integrated. That being said, there is much commentary ongoing at this point, and it may be best to read those threads about Dan and AFternic.

The Sedo landers are an interesting option. It's unclear how much more benefit is there since they switched from their old ns1/2 servers to sl1/2 servers. There was supposedly a benefit with the way the landers were viewed on different devices. The change was also supposed to help filter out bots. Whether there has been an improvement in sales remains a question. With my recent testing with them, I didn't notice much change, but perhaps the landers have been more useful for others.

And the caveat with Sedo is that all those great descriptions you put in are not visible unless someone signs in to Sedo first. And the 10% commission is specifically only for BIN or Best Offer. You will not be able to negotiate with a lead that comes through your lander with that offer. Presumably there is a way that an offer/counteroffer could then occur through the marketplace for the 15% commission.

Finally, there is the ad blocking issue with Sedo landers, that was previously discussed here. Landers Blocking Issues

Hope that helps! Enjoy those surfs in Hawaii...you lucky devil!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back