Dynadot

Daily Dose: NameJet's upcoming picks!

NameSilo
Watch

What would you like to see on Monday's Daily Dose?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • GoDaddy's best Buy It Now's under $500.

• Sedo's best Buy It Now's under $1000.

• Flippa's hidden gem's.

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ali

Top Member
Starfire Holdings
Impact
We took a poll on Wednesday and the majority vote was: "Surprise me!". Have you ever seen Wheel of Fortune? You know the "lose a turn" spot on the wheel? Well, your surprise lost you a turn yesterday! Better luck next time ;) Today, we get into the top NameJet domain name backorders going to auction 6/13/15 (Tomorrow night).

The first choice, this one is quite obvious, is Ringtones.com - I mean wow! What a name! It is the category killing term with over 670,000 exact searches a month! Now, I usually prefer a singular domain name, but this one, how could you say no to it! Did you ever see the Soundboard.com listing on Flippa by Brannans? The possibilities of development are endless with this one, so if you have the pockets... take it home!

Now onto the more reasonable domain names! Another one I like is FunnyComebacks.com. Most people don't have a funny bone in their body, and it shows with the 22K+ exact searches a month on this one. Easy development, I don't believe there is a viable flip in this name, but I think if you get it cheap enough you could have some fun developing it.

This one caught my eye, PostAustralia.com - I am a big fan of Australia domains as it is a massive continent with a forward thinking population that is very in tune with the ways of the internet. It could easily be developed into a job board for Australia, blog, or even a forum for the continent. Doesn't look like there are any bidders, so it shouldn't be too big of a deal to nab this one if you like it.

This one is my favorite: Kevil.com - it just sounds bad @$$! Definitely a brandable as well as being a City in good ol' Kentucky! There aren't any bids on this one, but I have a feeling after this post there will be quite a few.

I think this is a good one too: FlowFitness.com - Fitness domains, in my experience, have always had end-user value. I know so many personal trainers and that field is growing exponentially as being healthy becomes more of a lifestyle!

Everyone knows that Toys are a fantastic vertical: every kid in the world loves their toys! I believe that ToyMax.com would serve as a good domain name for a toy store development! Either way, I think if you get your hands on it for cheap enough, you could have a decent ROI on your hands down the line.

Here is an odd, but interesting one. There are thousands of "As Seen on TV" products out there and for some reason GlowStep.com reminds me what one may be named! First thing I thought about was walking up the stairs at night and the steps light up as you go. Sure, bit of a stretch... but it's just crazy enough to work! If your handy, and know how to develop a product from the ground up, this one just might be for you :)

Last but surely not least is FastDigital.com - very cool brand, the word Digital is a beautiful keyword and Fast makes it sound like you deliver your digital services with a pep in your step! Cool name and I think if you get your hands on it for cheap enough you have a good chance of decent ROI down the line! As of now, there are only 5 bidders on this one, still at $69.

That wraps up today's dose! Enjoy your weekend folks, see you again on Monday!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And the winner is... Kevil.com!
Lets see how this one ends - I'll provide the popcorn.

•••
•••
Take this as constructive criticism, do you check any of these for trademarks and potential problems?

For newbies, there is no shortage of safe generics to choose from.

From today's list.

PostAustralia is like one of yesterday's domains, the words in a different order.
https://www.google.com/search?q=critisim&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=australia+post

FlowFitness, lots of companies with that name, so lots of end user possibilities, not sure if you might run into a problem with that one.

There are thousands of "As Seen on TV" products out there and for some reason GlowStep.com reminds me what one may be named! First thing I thought about was walking up the stairs at night and the steps light up as you go.
Like this one - http://www.torklift.com/index.php/products/steps-handrails/glowstep

ToyMax.com would serve as a good domain name for a toy store development!
That's a TM
http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showf...h&a_search=Submit+Query&a_search=Submit+Query

•••
Forgot FastDigital - that's a site in a com.au, it's a .com if you change that last a to an e.

I understand some might get sales off of these but then some also get UDRP's and such. I guess in the end it's what you're comfortable with.

•••
The best free trademark search tool I've found so far that searches databases from multiple countries:

http://www.wipo.int/branddb/en/

Bookmark it. Use it. Don't be without it.

•••
decent enough Daily Dose Ali, however as JB also mentioned, TMs should be a big no no in your list?

•••
Forgot FastDigital - that's a site in a com.au, it's a .com if you change that last a to an e.

I understand some might get sales off of these but then some also get UDRP's and such. I guess in the end it's what you're comfortable with.

God, those filthy endusers! We don't want any of those around these parts...

•••
God, those filthy endusers! We don't want any of those around these parts...

You got your brownie points in for today. I noticed you didn't actually go thru any of the points I brought up.

This isn't complicated Shane.

I don't care what domains you buy for yourself, that's your business. But when it comes to suggesting names for others to buy, why not pick generics? This is Namejet, thousands of names to choose from. The names he's brokered or sold himself seem like the generic type to me. Why suggest names where you can run into potential problems, when you don't have too?

•••
You got your brownie points in for today. I noticed you didn't actually go thru any of the points I brought up.

This isn't complicated Shane.

I don't care what domains you buy for yourself, that's your business. But when it comes to suggesting names for others to buy, why not pick generics? This is Namejet, thousands of names to choose from. The names he's brokered or sold himself seem like the generic type to me. Why suggest names where you can run into potential problems, when you don't have too?

How many here can afford a $50,000 domain? Oh wait.. I don't see many hands in the crowd.

•••
This can be a good idea for the next blog post. Basic checks you should do before registering a name. The different trademark sites out there, the one mentioned above, I use TESS/Romarin. And other checks you might do etc.

•••
•••
How many here can afford a $50,000 domain? Oh wait.. I don't see many hands in the crowd.

Oh wait, still didn't touch any of my points. Who you trying to impress? $50,000? Mann averages that in 2 1/2 days, that's impressive.

•••
Great names, thanks Ali !

However, I have to point out that suggesting domain names that are at auction will likely kill most of the value, because of the increased competition (unlike closeouts / available domains)

•••
Follow up to an old post. I bought Kevil.com for $69 after seeing this post and sold it less than 6 months later to an end user.

Good pick. Thanks Ali.

•••
I agree stay away from Post Australia, that has the potential to be a legal issue, it is just to similar to the national mail carrier, with a recent registration, you wouldn't have much of any defense.

•••
Back