NameSilo

Daily Dose: Introduction + 5 Letter CVCVC // VCVCV .Com's!

Located in Assorted Lists of Domains, started by Ali, Jun 1, 2015

Replies:
Views:

1. Ian Goh

Ian Goh Established Member

User's Time:
    9:25 PM
    I don't think COH means haste in malay?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Ali

Ali Top Member Starfire Holdings PRO VIP Trusted Contest Holder

User's Time:
    3:25 AM
    According to our friend Google, "Kocoh" does :)

[​IMG]

3. N-A

N-A Account Closed

User's Time:
    9:25 AM
    Looks like that was registered with great kocoh. :)

4. pablohc86

pablohc86 Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

User's Time:
    3:25 PM
    What do you think about IUPEX.com?
    i know that i'm not respecting the blog pattern but i think it is still a pronuncable brandable 5L.com bought for the regfee, also if i can sell it for 100$ i'll be happy

5. mjamescork

mjamescork Established Member

User's Time:
    2:25 PM
    Pronouncable?

6. pablohc86

User's Time:
    Yeah, like to say.. It is readable
    But I misstyped

7. mjamescork

User's Time:
    There are so many 5L pronuncable dropping everyday far better than this. It has to pass all of the tests e.g. radio etc (few exceptions) ...but have to think about the potential buyer....why would another domainer buy it for $100 when they can get much better for $10 and which kind of end user/business would benefit from it.

I say let it drop and move on...

8. pablohc86

User's Time:
    thanks for your opinion.
    however i was talking about domain that are readable but have no meaning..
    i think something like radio.com is another pair of shoes.

i talk about domain like:
    intex.com
    carti.com
    teral.com
    aveax.com and so on..
    i think those names are brandable, maybe for startup or new business.
    those names do not give any kind of advantage but they could be nice

9. mjamescork

User's Time:
    That's what I was talking about. Non dictionary words that mean nothing in English or maybe any other language but can be used for a startup to create a business. I simply stated that when choosing a short name it must normally follow a few rules:

1) Pronounceable not just readable
    2) Fewer syllables the better
    3) It helps if it's visually appealing
    4) It in general must pass the "radio" test e.g. If you were to hear the name spoken on the radio you should be able to spell it out. odeox.com is a fairly good example whilst iupex.com is not
    5) When hearing/reading the name it reminds you of a certain industry e.g. viroti.com reminds me of luxury, designer labels, expensive sounding etc
    6) Helps for it to sound nice, rolls of the tongue with ease (very subjective I guess)

While of course their will be exceptions to the above rules I find that they normally work well in a general sense. One of the most important considerations is understanding who the end user will be. So whilst migade.com would pass most of the above rules it would be difficult to imagine what company and from which industry would be interested other than possibly one that wanted a shortened or abbreviated version of their existing name.

From your above examples I like carti.com it reminds me of cart/shopping cart so possible development could be a site which stores products from a number of sites into just one cart hosted on carti.com
    intex.com I like also, 2 syllables, has connotations of internet, the "ex" makes it sound finance related as in Forex, possible internet based stock price tracker?

I'm sure many more experienced members could offer their insights and some may disagree but I think my comments could be a good starting point. Many threads on this incredible forum already related to brandables, I suggest searching for them and also reading up on BrandBucket and related threads to get a better idea of generally excepted ideas when it comes to picking a great name. You'll learn more on here than anywhere else.

If they had forums on the internet as in depth and informative as this one for all subjects when I was younger I wouldn't have wasted my time in school.

Good luck

10. pablohc86

User's Time:
    Thanks a lot for your detailed answer.
    I'm not trying to defend my name but only to understand why it has low quality.
    With your opinion I've already understood a bit but I've not clear some point you said:

1)radio test: what is the difference between odeox and iupex? From my side I can easily speak both
    2)ok for the point that the name should suggest something like you said for carti but viroti do not suggest anything to me.
    3) intex to my grammar is a 3 syllabe word in-te-x

I remember that name Coz not far from my home there is a factory with that name but they produce swimming pools, pool accessories and other rubber product.

Another thing, iupex was already used for a Brazilian company now dissolved.

11. shojib

shojib Established Member

User's Time:
    7:25 PM
    new list please

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice