Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DaaZ

CRM manager @ DaaZ.comUpgraded Member
Impact
DaaZ.com is a premium domain names marketplace owned by DaaZ Limited, London (UK).

Key vision of DaaZ.com is helping buyers and sellers to transact with each other in a trusted way.

DaaZ.com key focus is end user focused sales and we have been operational since August 2019 and we have made a quite good progress and supported few thousands buyers buying domains via DaaZ and also having around 800+ sellers offering their inventory for sale. We have registered buyer base of 4000+ buyers.

It may not be lot in terms of numbers, we are the youngest marketplace (without any registrar presence). We have made a good reputation and able to build the traction.

How we are different ?

We may not be too different at moment, we are sharing what we believe is our core offerings:
  • We have developed a platform which is having a very good buyers interface, specially helping wholesale or repeated buyers securing domain names.
  • We allow the listings for free, it's open for all sellers (aka domainers) and support 1400+ domain extensions
  • Sellers can run any time auctions. This feature help for regular cash-flow needed by the sellers. (Disclaimer: At present very few end users participate into these auctions, mostly domainers / resellers winning the names )
  • Lowest Success Fee: Our success fee is 8% (with chargeback protection included) is the lowest in the industry offered by any domain name marketplace.
  • We pay to the sellers via PayPal / Wire transfers. No PayPal withdrawal or pay-out fees, all fees covered by DaaZ with in 8% success fee (In short, no indirect fees)
  • We offer live chat support round the clock (Although we are not officially 24/7, we are offering near 24/7 support). We look after our buyers and sellers with great attention.
  • We love automation of the processes; however we do believe the human interaction with the buyers makes a lot of difference. So, we automated what we believe is required to automate and we kept those human interactions with the buyers or sellers where we believe is required to be in place
We are open to listening to our buyers and sellers and improve the platform every month. We are making two improvement releases a month to fix the product related issues and also bringing new features.

We believe our customers are our gods and we help them in all possible means we can. That's clearly reflecting in our customer reviews, we are proud to share we are a new market place however according to Trustpilot we have secured the highest customer trust among all domain name market places in 2020 with 4.9 trust rating : https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/daaz.com

What we believe we need to improve ?

We believe a platform will be never perfect and has to continue to listen to our customers and deliver a platform of their choice. So, we have a clear outlined process to receive the feedback and handle the product improvements effectively
  • We are relatively a young platform, so we have a lot of room to improve on number of features and catch-up, we are addressing the backlog with a lot of passion
  • We are aware that we need to bring the installment plan, rent to own features, also a powerful API to help the bulk sellers. We have clearly these features in our product road-map for 2021.
  • We have a lot more innovative ideas not attempted by any other marketplace, we are focusing to address the industry standard offerings first before moving on delivering these innovative ideas to help the domain investors / sellers
  • We also record every suggestion given by our buyers and sellers, we analyse the feedback, and all the appropriate feedback is getting added to backlog
  • Our road-map is ready for next 5 years and we will do everything possible to help to improve the standards of domain name marketplace
We love to listen to the NamePros community hence we are setting up this Official thread.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Completely agree with points 1 and 2 (haven't seen any landers). I'd like to try Daaz but my first thoughts when visiting is how dated the site looks. I hope there is an update in the works, then I'll give it a go.
We appreciate your feedback, we are open to listen and change. We will bring the continuous improvements, certainly your feedback has been shared to our product team and requested them to focus on to bring these improvements.

•••
Theme: Elegant Lite :
https://daaz.com/buy/make/offer/domains/Ndnv.com

• BIN Listings : 5% success fee
  • LTO: 8 % Success fee
  • Make an Offer: 7% success fee

1673684020259.png

Last edited:
•••
The minimum offer statement on your lander is:

Minimum Offer Disclaimer

Please note that minimum offers are set to prevent bot & other resource-wasting inquiries & are in no way an indication of the minimum selling price of a particular domain

Why not allow the buyer to set a minimum offer? Also, to prevent the bots, have you considered using Captcha and email verification prior to the submission?

•••
The minimum offer statement on your lander is:

Minimum Offer Disclaimer

Please note that minimum offers are set to prevent bot & other resource-wasting inquiries & are in no way an indication of the minimum selling price of a particular domain

Why not allow the buyer to set a minimum offer? Also, to prevent the bots, have you considered using Captcha and email verification prior to the submission?
That's the seller written description for the minimum offer.

As a seller you can write your own description for minimum offers.

As a seller, you can hide the minimum offer description.

Sellers can control that information: Edit profile ( settings) --> sale page settings --> Minimum offer disclaimer

•••
That's the seller written description for the minimum offer.

As a seller you can write your own description for minimum offers.

As a seller, you can hide the minimum offer description.

Sellers can control that information: Edit profile ( settings) --> sale page settings --> Minimum offer disclaimer

" are in no way an indication of the minimum selling price of a particular domain"

That was the line that was confusing me. So, you're basically just emphasizing that the actual selling price may not be the minimum offer. Perhaps it might be clearer if you changed it to say final selling price of a particular domain? Or, maybe it doesn't matter.

•••

" are in no way an indication of the minimum selling price of a particular domain"

That was the line that was confusing me. So, you're basically just emphasizing that the actual selling price may not be the minimum offer. Perhaps it might be clearer if you changed it to say final selling price of a particular domain? Or, maybe it doesn't matter.

You have a point. We will check the default message we are giving in the seller's sale page settings, we can consider improving the default message.

As said earlier, as a seller you can write your own minimum offer disclaimer, so you can convey the way you would like to convey to your buyers.

As a seller , you can also hide the minimum offer disclaimer appearing on the landing pages.

•••
You have a point. We will check the default message we are giving in the seller's sale page settings, we can consider improving the default message.

As said earlier, as a seller you can write your own minimum offer disclaimer, so you can convey the way you would like to convey to your buyers.

As a seller , you can also hide the minimum offer disclaimer appearing on the landing pages.
That's nice, that you can personalize your own lander that way. Thanks for explaining.

•••
Is there a decline offer button on Daaz?

I signed up the other day, got an offer, and wanted to decline it but I only see a counter offer & message option. Can't find anything on my dashboard to decline the offer.
Thanks in advance

•••

I signed up the other day, got an offer, and wanted to decline it but I only see a counter offer & message option. Can't find anything on my dashboard to decline the offer.
Thanks in advance
Was this through your lander or the marketplace?

•••
@LoveCatchyDomains

Through the marketplace. My landers are still set up with other marketplaces.

•••

Thanks in advance

You can quote what ever price you are looking to offer in first response.

Below outlined scenarios are possible:

--> Buyer gives an offer (e.g; 1000 USD)
--> seller quote the price they are looking to receive (e.g: 15000 USD) and a message
--> buyer will make a counter offer with a message or cancel the negotiation
--> seller can either counter offer or cancel the negotiation process

All offers are legally binding for 5 days on either side.

•••
ok so after reading this thread i decided to give it a go
will upload some domains
i do have a question hope you can help @DaaZ
can i keep my domains pointing somewhere else?
thank you

•••
ok so after reading this thread i decided to give it a go
will upload some domains
i do have a question hope you can help @DaaZ
can i keep my domains pointing somewhere else?
thank you
We are absolutely ok for you to list your domains in multiple marketplaces.

We want domain sellers to have the fair opportunity to market their inventory in all marketplaces. Only request to domain sellers / domainers is to remove the listing from sale once they sold a domain elsewhere.

Also we are ok for not using DaaZ landing pages , we are 100% domainer friendly marketplace.

Irrespective of the name servers used for domain names, success fee for BIN Listing is just 5% , make an offer listings 7% , Auction listings 7% and LTO - 8% .

DaaZ secure aka import leads feature success fee is just 5%

•••
Please forgive me if this is a very basic question, but does a U.S. citizen have to pay a foreign tax for a sale that occurs at Daaz? And does the IRS require foreign tax withholding for a percentage of the sale?

Last edited:
•••
Please forgive me if this is a very basic question, but does a U.S. citizen have to pay a foreign tax for a sale that occurs at Daaz? And does the IRS require foreign tax withholding for a percentage of the sale?
DaaZ is a London based company, operates as per the company law of England and Wales.

DaaZ.com takes a success fee from you when you complete a successful sale .
  • Do we take the tax on success fee for a US citizen ? - the answer is No.
  • Do we withhold any tax before paying to you ? - the answer is No.

Here is a simple scenario per example:
--> You have listed a domain name for sale at DaaZ for 1000 USD ( BUY IT NOW listing )
--> A buyer bought this name on DaaZ
--> DaaZ takes 5% success fee ( 50 USD )
--> You will receive 950 USD into your bank account

We have several sellers from USA selling on DaaZ for more than 2 to 3 years time.

Kindly note the sales invoices are auto generated as of like seller is issuing the invoice to the buyer. DaaZ issues the invoice for the success fee we are charging to you.

•••
@DaaZ i have a question please, as i have read and could not find the answer if i want to put a domain for auction, it cost $1
but there are different options for the duration of the auction
so if i choose the 3 day option it still will cost me $1 usd x domain x auction or it will be $3 because that's how long the auction will last
thank you
and also thank you for answering my previous questions

•••
@DaaZ i have a question please, as i have read and could not find the answer if i want to put a domain for auction, it cost $1
but there are different options for the duration of the auction
so if i choose the 3 day option it still will cost me $1 usd x domain x auction or it will be $3 because that's how long the auction will last
thank you
and also thank you for answering my previous questions
1, 3 , 7 days are allowed auction duration. Irrespective of the auction duration, auction submission fee is just 1 USD only.

In summary , for your question - it cost only 1 USD.

Last edited:
•••
DaaZ has planned to release it's API V1 by 22nd January . If you are considering to try DaaZ APIs , register your interest by creating a ticket at DaaZ.com

Our support agents can help you in giving access to the APIs.

DaaZ API is designed for domain sellers and DaaZ partners (brokers).

The API offers two main functions:

1. Domain Portfolio (Seller):

• Sellers can add new names
  • Sellers can modify the price, category, theme, minimum price, currency, lease status, maximum lease months, domain listing status (active / inactive) & description of a domain name
  • Delete the domain

2. DaaZ Secure Transactions (Seller & Broker):

• Create the DaaZ secure transaction also known as import lead
  • Amend the DaaZ secure transaction
  • Cancel the DaaZ secure transaction

Last edited:
•••
DaaZ has planned to release it's API V1 by 22nd January . If you are considering to try DaaZ APIs , register your interest by creating a ticket at DaaZ.com

Our support agents can help you in giving access to the APIs.

DaaZ API is designed for domain sellers and DaaZ partners (brokers).

The API offers two main functions:

1. Domain Portfolio (Seller):

• Sellers can add new names
  • Sellers can modify the price, category, theme, minimum price, currency, lease status, maximum lease months, domain listing status (active / inactive) & description of a domain name
  • Delete the domain

2. DaaZ Secure Transactions (Seller & Broker):

• Create the DaaZ secure transaction also known as import lead
  • Amend the DaaZ secure transaction
  • Cancel the DaaZ secure transaction
DaaZ Seller / Broker APIs are now available for use. : https://daaz.com/api-docs

•••
Fm5S6hIWQAEX2wC

A new theme in making .. Expected to be available for use by 31-Jan-2023

•••
@DaaZ
The new landers look good. Do you have any plans to allow customization to landers, like being able to choose our own background color or our own image?

•••
@DaaZ
The new landers look good. Do you have any plans to allow customization to landers, like being able to choose our own background color or our own image?
These landers are with the static images at moment , only some of the data points like domain description , listing type are customisable.

Certainly when we release new UX / UI ( we don't have the ETA yet), we will consider the feedback to give an option to customise the landers.

Last edited:
•••
Hello,
I think that it would be good when someone is looking for buy now listings in your marketplace, to see also domains that are listed as buy now and make an offer.
When you search for "buy now", all you want to is be able to buy a domain without negotiations. It makes no difference if that name can also accept offers

Thank you

•••
Hello,
I think that it would be good when someone is looking for buy now listings in your marketplace, to see also domains that are listed as buy now and make an offer.
When you search for "buy now", all you want to is be able to buy a domain without negotiations. It makes no difference if that name can also accept offers

Thank you
I believe you are referring about the Buyer's search feature improvement. Kindly confirm ?

At moment we given options for the Buyers to use the filters on the left side of the search page, Buyers have to use the combination or all filters to see the target search results.

I Understood your point, I will pass your feedback to our product team and request them to see if they can consider this as improvement or they may have strong reasons why they kept the filters separate.

1674441004769.png

Last edited:
•••
For your auctions, are buyers that win required to pay the domain annual renewal fee as well before checkout? It seems commonplace on other auction sites, even if the domain isn't close to expiration.

Also, it is curious that you state the highest bidder can still negotiate with the seller, even if they didn't meet the reserve bid while the auction was going on. Isn't that counterproductive to the auction effectiveness? After all, why bother bidding the reserve as a minimum, if you might get a chance to get an even lower price than that afterwards?

Last edited:
•••
Back