IT.COM

discuss 'Curious Coincidence' Domain Reg

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
On January 2nd., the day before the U.S. CDC Director was notified by China that a "mysterious respiratory illness was spreading in Wuhan, China"... the domain name Vaxmas.com was registered in China.

VAXMAS? ... Virus Attack XMAS com ? ?

Anyone have any other 'Curious Coincidence' domain regs?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
coincidentally, don't know how it happened really;

November . one (November 1st)
LeapYour . com (February 29th)

I like your thread title, 'curious coincidence', have been meaning to find a special name for these kinds of domains.
There may be more to domains than meets the eye..;)

•••
Related to the virus, I've seen covidin registered in com on Nov. 4, 2019, the same day that Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security has uploaded a video about Event 201 on youtube. Looking at its history on Dofo, the name was first registered in Nov. 2017, and dropped the next year, so probably it was free to handreg between January and November 2019. The current registrant has it since May 8, 2020, and the site seem to be used for e-commerce with medical supplies in India, including covid related supplies. If it was me I would have named a medicine with this short memorable name, but since the website targets the indian market probably the "in" after covid makes sense.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back